PDA

View Full Version : Buster sword

Gullick
01-18-2006, 10:33 PM
Sorry to bring up an old topic from another thread but no one will reply on the original one. but i still cant find the point when cloud uses the buster sword in the film. i know you see it when he has those flashbacks of Zack, but some people also said he uses it against Kadaj and he see it fly out of Clouds hands and stick in the wall. But is this when Tifa is trying to explain about the 'feeling Cloud had two years ago' because the sword you see stuck into the wall then has that red ridge in it that his new sword has (not the buster sword). Das anyone got any screen shots of the buster sword sticking in the wall during the kadaj fight? sorry its just that this has been bugging me for a while now.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
01-18-2006, 10:47 PM
thats not the buster sword dude

Gullick
01-18-2006, 11:00 PM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=59095

i didnt think it was either cause i still cant find it in the film.

SoulTaker*
01-18-2006, 11:27 PM
Cloud uses the buster sword against Kadaj in a number of trailers that never made it to the final DVD cut.
http://blog.stung.org/archives/images/masters/adventchildren_02-thumb.jpg
As you can see Cloud has what looks like the original Buster sword in his hand, dont know why this scene never made it to the final cut. Also the sword he uses in the movie is called the 1st Tsurugi.

Fire_Emblem776
01-19-2006, 05:33 AM
um the special editon dvd the really expensive one, has the stuff that they did not add on the movie..yea..

Dark Paladin
01-20-2006, 02:58 PM
I thought he had numerous swords thet all kinda fixed 2gether to create buster sword. Well a new one coz the old one is kinda...old

Mo-Nercy
01-21-2006, 11:41 AM
A trailer for a movie is something used to advertise the film without revealing too much. SE needed for us to not know that Cloud would be in AC with a new sword until we actually WATCHED the movie.

If you had known ever since the first trailer that Cloud would not be wielding the Buster Sword for AC, rumours would fly and probably ruin the surprise of seeing the new shiny sword when the movie is viewed. This happened with Rufus. SE showed us shot after shot of a mysterious man in a wheelchair. Fans went on to speculate for months and months until, eventually, someone along the line guessed right. It's no fun knowing that Rufus was Rufus 5 months before the Japanese release date.

The sword Cloud uses in the movie isn't his original Buster Sword. It's a completely new sword that has nothing to do with the FFVII at all. At no point in the film does Cloud use anything but his new sword an it's plethora of attachments.

:mad:

Clone 01
01-24-2006, 04:21 PM
yeh ur damn rite! da suprise is pretty recked now!thanks a bunch!