PDA

View Full Version : Rate my NREV idea's.

KentaRawr!
01-18-2006, 10:57 PM
These are a bunch of idea's I thought up about the Nintendo Revolution. Most of them revolve around the backwards compatibility, since not much else has been announced. :p

Please note, I do realize that the likeliness of these idea's actually happening are low.

Firstly, a huge chat-room similar to Square's Playonline. (That thing you use to play FFXI.) But instead of emoticons, you could have arm-movements. Arm movements are able to represent many emotions. The movement of your hand can determine the movement of the rest of your arm. So basically, when you move the remote, it would be able to tell how you moved your arm. Then you can post this in the chat-room you are in. :D Now let's say that arm was connected to a body. All you have to do is select a face, do an arm movement, decide what the second arm does, and voila. Replacement to emoticons!

Now, everyone knows about the ability to download old Nintendo Games with the Revolution by now. But what if you get stuck in a game? You would probably go to www.gamefaqs.com, but that's too much of a hassle. Let's say you got stuck in the Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, and you couldn't find out how to get into misery mire. Then you would do a "Game cry". This posts a topic in the chat-room asking for help in the game. In the auto-created title it shows what game you are stuck in, so that whoever sees the topic can tell if they can help or not. Once they are in the room with you, you can explain the situation. But what if you can't explain anything? Then you could use a feature I haven't quite named yet that allows the person helping you to watch you play the game, thus giving them a better idea of what the problem is. But if they can't explain things well, or if you can't listen, then you would use another feature I haven't named yet that allows him/her to control for you. Of course, you would be able to switch the controls back to you to make sure they don't continue playing after they get past the part you are stuck at.

Now, being able to download and play old Nintendo games is fine and dandy, but they are the same games you played before. In this case, Nintendo has to compete with roms. The first idea that comes to mind is an online mode for all downloadable games. And also, you should be able to play with people IRL and online at the same time. Here is how it would go:

Say you just got the NREV, and you only have one online friend. You also have someone in real life that you like playing video games with. You and this IRL (In real life) person go online to play with this online friend. You choose him from your friend list, and you offer to play Mario Kart 64 with him. You set yourself to player one, you set your IRL person to player 2, and your online friend to player 3.

Another idea that comes to mind would be some simple improvements to the games. Such as the removal of split-screen whilst playing games like Mario Kart 64 online.

Of course, if the person you want to play with doesn't have the game you want to play, you can just transfer the game from your hard drive to his.

Now, what if people don't like the idea of this new controller? True, we are going to have the controller shell, but how many games will really use both the controller shell and the remote? Nintendo also stated that they wanted to appeal to hard-core gamers as well as new-to-gaming gamers. One way to appeal to the hard-core gamers would be this: Online play for GC games. It would work like the idea I had for online downloaded games. Choose who you want to play with, decide who is in what controller socket, and start. Of course, all players would have to have the game to play it online. Keep in mind that my idea here is just to set certain people over the internet to certain controller sockets.

Now, the GB Player wouldn't really work with this, since when using the GB Player all 4 sockets are player 1. So I think that this new machine should have an add-on. The GB Player 2! I am SO witty! What this would do would allow you to link up with people all over the internet at the cost of portability. It would also work like my other online-play idea's. Except since this is about the GBA, you can't just have another IRL player plug in a controller and play. So if you would want to have an IRL player play with you alongside a few internet players, you would need a link cable, a GBA, and 2 or more copies of the game you guys want to play.

A pretty strange idea I thought up here. I call it the "Pressure glove". I always thought of it being wireless. >.> Let's say in the game, you had a ball in your hand. The pressure glove would apply pressure to certain parts of your hand, allowing you to actually feel the ball in your hand. (Someone already pointed out that perverts would abuse the pressure glove. Shush up. >_>) Also, similar to Nintendo's Remote, would have little things placed on the TV to track it's movement. It would also detect how your hand moves. (So it could tell if you gave it the finger or something like that.) Let's try a scenario. You are playing some MMORPG that you really like. Your friend baught a new ball in the game to play "catch" with. It's a game that uses the pressure glove. Once he throws you the ball, you catch it with your hand when using the pressure glove. You then throw it back to him. Somehow it sounds more fun than playing catch irl. :p After the game is over, you give the loser the victory sign with your hand. (A.K.A, peace sign.)

A quick over-view of these idea's I thought up:

1. A huge chat-room.
2. The ability to "Game cry".
3. Online play with downloadable games.
4. Online play with Gamecube games.
5. A Gameboy Player that allows online play.
6. The Pressure Glove, which allows you to feel things in the game in your hand, and also allows you to interact with things in the game. (Assuming the game your playing is pressure glove compatible.)

So, what rating do you give these idea's I thought up?

Captain Maxx Power
01-18-2006, 11:40 PM
Wait until the next-next-gen.

ljkkjlcm9
01-19-2006, 01:28 AM
if a game wasn't designed for online play, it's not going to have it, MAYBE the newer games will have them, but none of the ones that were already made before

THE JACKEL

KentaRawr!
01-19-2006, 02:28 AM
if a game wasn't designed for online play, it's not going to have it, MAYBE the newer games will have them, but none of the ones that were already made before

THE JACKAL

I see your point. The games were not designed for online play originally, so they won't have many of the things considered necessary, and won't be as appealing as games designed for online play. On the other hand, if the games are multiplayer, then Online Play is almost always an improvement. But still, even though it is an improvement, it depends on the game whether it's a good or sorta nice improvement. For example, Super Smash Bros. would be a good game to have online. Super Mario Bros. on the other hand would be a not all that great game to have online.