PDA

View Full Version : Pirated movies

Stayin Dizzy
01-19-2006, 04:36 AM
This thread is not to tell anyone how to get them, I'm just curious if anyone else watches their movies this way. I've been single for a few months now and I refuse to go to the theater by myself. So I download. Illegal yes, but I saw Saw 2 last night and It made me feel better about seeing it now (GOD IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!) I'm almost done downloading Hostle. Anyone see it yet? Was it good? Should I feel bad about watching it for free? I delete them right away because movies take up like a gig of HD space, but as long as I'm not selling the, I dont see the harm

Lindy
01-19-2006, 04:37 AM
The first pirated film I ever watched was Hook.

Somewhat ironic, don't you think?

Hawkeye
01-19-2006, 04:41 AM
First movie I ever pirated was Wedding Crashers.

Shlup
01-19-2006, 04:42 AM
I heard Hostle is awful. I'm not interested in seeing it.

Lindy
01-19-2006, 04:44 AM
Is Hostle even a word?

rubah
01-19-2006, 04:46 AM
I still operate in a dialup frame of mind, meaning the only movie I've pirated was advent children, and that's only because everyone else was.

I don't want to dedicate the space or time to it. I don't watch movies pretty much at all.

Stayin Dizzy
01-19-2006, 05:08 AM
Schlup- Aweful like gorey grotesque or aweful like garbage?

Lindy- Hostle's are supervised inexpensive lodgings for travelers in foreign countries. Usually privately owned, and usually stayed in by younger people. I'll be staying in a couple in Europe this summer

Fire_Emblem776
01-19-2006, 05:11 AM
advent :)

krissy
01-19-2006, 05:19 AM
first movie i pirated was resident evil

on a 56 k

in real player format, not fully edited, with shots of the microphone in the frames sometimes.

through audiogalaxy. if you know, you are old.

i heard hostel sucked

edit: also i never did it again mr. policeman

ffxfreak93
01-19-2006, 05:20 AM
does makin your friend download them for you count?

Cipher
01-19-2006, 05:38 AM
Movies specifically, the first one I'd ever downloaded was Little Mermaid. It was the first time I'd obtained DSL (back when Verizon was charging 70 bucks a month...!), and I was feeling really nostalgic. Prior to that though, I'd been braving dial-up in order to DL anime eps and what have you.

If I'm not mistaken, it's actually spelled Hostel*, not Hostle. And... my friend Roxanne, of whom loves every Horror Movie on earth, HATED hostel. Said it was worse than Gigli.

Edit: And now, to actually answer the question. Yep. Unless I'm feeling extremely spontaneous, or I've completely fallen for the hype, I will always download a movie to watch. If I like it, I'll go and watch it in the movies and/or purchase the DVD when it comes out. Gotta keep the industry alive somehow.

ShunNakamura
01-19-2006, 06:11 AM
I download a fair amount of movies. Reason being I tend to like Anime that is not released in the US or no longer sold(too old I guess) or some such... and well, kinda hard to buy something that isn't sold.

Also I did pirate advent children.... but who didn't :P?

Edit and like Cipher if I like it I do try and buy it.

Markus. D
01-19-2006, 06:20 AM
hmmm, Advent Children has to be the only one.

I prefer the sound of the cinema.

Shlup
01-19-2006, 06:26 AM
Is Hostle even a word?
No, but that's never stopped me before.

Schlup- Aweful like gorey grotesque or aweful like garbage?
Both.

edczxcvbnm
01-19-2006, 06:33 AM
Does pirating a movie that has yet to be released over here and will not appear in theaters even considered pirating?

I did spider-man, hero and star wars episode II.

I did hero when it looked like it was never going to be released here. It sucked.

Star Wars just sucked. I was going to go see it in theaters but it was not worth my time or money after I saw the pirated version.

Spider-man I had already seen twice and I just wanted to watch if a few more times because it was that awesome.

Miriel
01-19-2006, 06:33 AM
Eh. I much prefer watching movies in theaters. The only movie I've pirated in years was Advent Children.

Stayin Dizzy
01-19-2006, 06:59 AM
Yes it is spelled hostel. I just watched it. I actually thought it was great. Alot of story-line though and lack of horror. Something that could actually happen. Surprise ending. I'd give it a 8/10. 6/10 as far as horror movies go though. Waiting for: The Man (Sam Jackson, Eugene Levy) to finish downloading

Psydekick
01-19-2006, 07:02 AM
I never do Pirate dvd's, mainly because I don't have a DVD burner:)

Lindy
01-19-2006, 11:35 AM
Lindy- Hostle's are supervised inexpensive lodgings for travelers in foreign countries. Usually privately owned, and usually stayed in by younger people. I'll be staying in a couple in Europe this summer
Shockingly, I know what a Hostel is, but as has been said, it's not spelt Hostle.

~SapphireStar~
01-19-2006, 01:20 PM
First one I watched was Disneys Aladdin, and the last one I watched was the start of Fun with Dick & Jane.

MecaKane
01-19-2006, 02:06 PM
End of Evangelion.
On my old 166mhz 1.6GB harddive computer. I could only get that one because it was in two parts that were 200mb each, and one part was all I could fit on the computer.

Mirage
01-19-2006, 03:57 PM
I do now and then. But only if the movie in question is released on DVD somewhere. I absolutely loathe recordings done in a cinema.