PDA

View Full Version : This does not make sense

Psydekick
01-19-2006, 07:33 AM
After Operation Mihen when Yuna is performing the sending, why does Auron not get sent because at the Zanarkand we find out he is an unsent so surely he should get sent to along with the other people:)

Ultima_Weapon
01-19-2006, 08:12 AM
Good question... I think when she does do the sending it only inflicts on people that shes focusing on. Either way whenever the party is taking a rest or is waiting for something Auron always distance himself away from the others.

FinalCetra
01-19-2006, 12:04 PM
yeah, and Auron wasn't standing next to, or near Yuna if I remember correctly. I could be wrong though.

TheSpoonyBard
01-19-2006, 12:23 PM
You should really add some spoiler tags to the topic title.

The Sending only affects those who Yuna chooses to send. Notice Auron is not sent on any occasion when Yuna attempts to send Seymour? That's because Yuna is not trying to send Auron.

Of course, this is only my perspective on things. Others may think differently.

FinalCetra
01-19-2006, 12:31 PM
That theory holds fine, untill one part. The Airship at the end of the game. See, the sending starts to effect Auron while Yuna is directing it at the Aeons. If it didn't effect those she were not directing it at, why did it start ffecting Auron. In that scene, Auron begins to have Pyrafly's comming from his body while she is sending the Aeons. Then she notices and appologizes, but Auron tells her not to stop.

TheSpoonyBard
01-19-2006, 12:34 PM
At that point in the story the gamer is aware that Auron is unsent. If Auron was affected by the Sending at Operation Mi'ihen or some other time then the game would be spoiled.

Christmas
01-19-2006, 12:46 PM
That theory holds fine, untill one part. The Airship at the end of the game. See, the sending starts to effect Auron while Yuna is directing it at the Aeons. If it didn't effect those she were not directing it at, why did it start ffecting Auron. In that scene, Auron begins to have Pyrafly's comming from his body while she is sending the Aeons. Then she notices and appologizes, but Auron tells her not to stop.

That is when Auron want to be sent.

DarkLord
01-19-2006, 03:50 PM
Normally he isn't as close to the others as he is there. He is normally at the back or not there at all, but in that last scene, he stands in among them, not far behind Yuna... Plus there would be very few good quotes if he was sent at Kilika. Haha.

Little Blue
01-19-2006, 04:40 PM
Typically, or as much as my understanding permits, an unsent needs to be severly weakened before they can be sent. Auron is one of the most strong willed unsents going so he needs either the pulp being beaten out of him before he can be sent, or they need to be willing to be sent.

I think this is also why Jyscal returned after being sent. His will was so strong that he clawed his way out of the farplane to tell the world about Seymour, only the action of doing so weakened him enough to allow him to be sent... again... You'll also notice in this scene, Auron collapses, an indication that the sending might be affecting him at this point, coupled with his proximity to the farplane.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
01-19-2006, 08:20 PM
if this proximity to the farplane thing is right, then this will hold the argument that yuna only sends people she concentrates on. if not, we'll have to think of another reasno y auro wasn't weakened/sent at mushroom rock

Fatal Impurity
01-19-2006, 08:59 PM
i agree with aurons ghost...usually he is nowhere near yuna during sendings...

Lost Number
01-19-2006, 09:04 PM
Hmm. Maybe since Yuna was trying to send several aeons, she spread the power over a wider area. Since Auron is also closer, he may be affected by the wider range required.

Fireblade13
01-19-2006, 09:05 PM
I think u have to want to be sent or have ur will broken. Auron was relaxing when she was sending aeons and so he began to be sent. Good Point though.

Little Blue
01-19-2006, 09:12 PM
i agree with aurons ghost...usually he is nowhere near yuna during sendings...
Actually, thats not what I meant... To summarise my post. An unsent needs to be really, really, really weak, or willing to be sent. The times when Yuna is doing a sending, Auron is neither, except the end when he is willing to be sent.

When a summoner does a sending, loose pyreflies, like those floating nearby, or fresh out of a corpse/ defeated fiend, feel a push to the farplane. Those within an Unsent can either follow the push, or resist it, depending on the will of the person, not the proximity of the Sender.

As I said, being close to the farplane is dangerous for an unsent. I guess their pyrefly bodies are naturally drawn to it when nearby, so and unsent must concentrate to maintain their form, and a sending near the farplane only makes things worse. If another unsent like Maechen or Belgemine was where Auron was when Yuna sent Jyscal, I find it hard to believe that they would have remained, but Auron had a strong enough mindset that he is virtually immune to a sendings overall goal, even if it can harm him in some situations...

EDIT: An even better summary:

I think u have to want to be sent or have ur will broken.

Jessweeee♪
01-19-2006, 10:54 PM
I don't remember seeing him around. But there was one time (other than the end) when he sounds like he's in pain when she does the sending (this is also before Tidus finds out at Zanarkand)