PDA

View Full Version : GAH!! Lunar Trials!!

Memoria
01-19-2006, 07:10 PM
Hi there. I'm playing through GBA's FFIV and it's been extremely easy until I sought the Lunar Ruins for extra stuffs. OMG. So, I made it through Yang's trial easy and Rydia's trial wasn't bad. But CECIL'S. I've gotten up to the point to where I get the Lightbringer sword (yay 255 strength and random free holy spell!) but Lunar Odin has been kicking my arse! I decided to move on to the next, and the next door I could go in was for Rosa. Hers was hard, too. Finally, a challenge in this revamp. I've been leveling harshly in the ruins, but... nothing really helps.

This FFIV fangirl must ask other players for help facing Lunar Odin and Lunar Ashura....

Crossblades
01-19-2006, 07:24 PM
If your characters are at level 65 or higher you'll do fine. Make sure they also have their best equipment. As for Lunar Asura, use reflect on her so she wouldn't heal herself

abrojtm
01-19-2006, 09:32 PM
Lunar Odin was tough, but as long as you can survive two consecutive Zantetsukens, you'll be fine.

As for Asura, she counters every attack by doing her roulette. However, Summons cannot be countered, but more interestingly, Yang's Build/Deadly cannot be countered either. I utilized Yang's Deadly so many times I couldn't count it. Asura can still heal herself 3000+ HP in battle even with reflect by using Restore, so if you're a big spell user, then it may not even help.

Memoria
01-20-2006, 09:47 PM
Okay so my main party is usually (backrow) Rydia and Rosa (front row) Cecil, Yang, and Cid. Rydia, Cecil and Rosa for obvious reasons, and Yang's Deadly is a nice attack! The fifth is whoever I randomly chose, but it's usually Cid for high HP and high attack. Cid and Yang usually survives two Zantezuken attacks, but Cecil falls after the second and the girls fall right after the first. My levels are average 60 at the moment...

Captain Maxx Power
01-20-2006, 11:06 PM
You need only one man:

http://simon.deobald.org/ff4/chars/edward1.jpg

Trust me, he's uber. You really don't need anyone else.

Bendak
01-21-2006, 02:21 AM
Yangs deadly attack?

Elite Lord Sigma
01-21-2006, 05:36 AM
For Lunar Asura, you should cast Reflect on Lunar Asura AND yourself, because she has a habit of using -aga spells a lot, which hurts. If you can get Reflect up on everybody and herself, she'll kill herself for you.

Lunar Odin is a major pain in the ass. I'll admit that. If you have Kain in your party and he can survive a single Zantetsuken, you'll be fine. Use your most powerful thunder attacks. If you know that you won't kill him before he double Zantetsukens you, time it so Kain is in the air when he attacks. From that point, focus on keeping Kain alive. If you can survive the next Zantetsuken, you'll be fine. Don't even bother attacking. When Lunar Odin attempts to double Zantetsuken you again, he'll get struck by lightning and instantly die.

EDIT: I think when Lunar Odin takes a certain amount of damage and attempts to double Zantetsuken you, he'll always get hit by lightning and instantly die. I beat him a second time (this time with Edward, Cecil, Palom, Cid, and Porom), and he died when he attempted to double Zantetsuken me the first time.

Crossblades
01-21-2006, 02:21 PM
Yangs deadly attack?

After you win his trial, he wins an item which transforms his Power atttack into deadly, which triples his power when used

Bendak
01-21-2006, 04:42 PM
I beat his trial already...unless you mean he has one on the moon too? OR maybe I didnt pay attention cuz I dont use Yang much, I still have the original party.

Crossblades
01-21-2006, 04:55 PM
I beat his trial already...unless you mean he has one on the moon too? OR maybe I didnt pay attention cuz I dont use Yang much, I still have the original party.

Yes, I meant the one on the moon

eurotrash
01-21-2006, 07:27 PM
attack with everyone and heal (curaja) with rosa every round
you have megalixirs, use them, dont be a packrat:)
i beat him easily first try, but probably cause of my high levels

yuffielover
01-23-2006, 08:37 PM
I had to gain a few levels, and then, I had Cecil and Kain physically attack, Edge throw Fuma Shuriken, Rydia cast Thundaga, and Rosa use Curaja. I had to use a few Phoenix downs and a megalixer, and that was it.