PDA

View Full Version : learning abilities

lady yunalesca
01-20-2006, 12:02 AM
does anyone have any idea how you will learn / obtain abilities in this installment???? I loved the sphere grid, the materia and didnt mind junctioning (although drawing was a pain and a bit boring)

I hope they stick to an AP/EXP

Frontier-
01-20-2006, 06:02 PM
Pls, no more sphere grid :( I Want "everyone" with unique abilities or at least like that everyone couldn't cast spells. :\

a nirvana fan
01-20-2006, 08:23 PM
Well I did find drawing a little boring but liked the junctioning where as I didn't like the Sphere Grid really, I hope they make learning abilities like the FFIX system.

Styrofoam
01-21-2006, 02:39 AM
Junctioning!!! It would be cool if it was similer to FFVIII.

What was the FFXI system like?

Crossblades
01-21-2006, 02:50 AM
Well I did find drawing a little boring but liked the junctioning where as I didn't like the Sphere Grid really, I hope they make learning abilities like the FFIX system.

I have a feeling they will be using that system

yunafan11
01-22-2006, 01:54 AM
They will probobly go back to the final fantasy 7, 8, and 9 days. I mean, I dunno just a fealing. But I like the final fantasy 10 system better then them all though. I mean, you can decide which abilities that they can learn with spheres. But I also like 10-2's system, because it is just like that, but with it differently. Its more easy than collecting all those spheres just to level.

DJZen
01-24-2006, 07:05 AM
What was the FFXI system like?

hit monsters
raise weapon proficiency
get new weapon skill
buy magic

boys from the dwarf
01-24-2006, 07:55 AM
i hope on this its a bit more like FF4 or FF9.

Gwelenguchenkus
01-25-2006, 08:53 PM
The demo seemed to lack physical skills and support abilities and such (Like MP attack, mad rush, etc). It's kind of boring just using attack and spells, so I hope for some cool skills that will spice things up a little.

*~Endless Night~*
01-27-2006, 10:21 PM
I liked the sphere grid! I hated junctioning I found it annoying if it hadnt been for junctioning 8 wouldve been my fave of the games no contest

lady yunalesca
01-28-2006, 11:31 PM
it should be time consuming and require patience like 7 and 10!!!! i just hope they dont change too much!!! :)

Markus. D
02-02-2006, 10:22 AM
hit monsters
raise weapon proficiency
get new weapon skill
buy magic

yeah, sorta like FFXI

This would make sense for its battle system type.

boys from the dwarf
02-03-2006, 08:06 AM
The demo seemed to lack physical skills and support abilities and such (Like MP attack, mad rush, etc). It's kind of boring just using attack and spells, so I hope for some cool skills that will spice things up a little.
it was just a demo so the characters probly didnt even have the abilities that they would have in the normal game. there definetly will be cool looking abilities though.

SrBehemoth
02-16-2006, 09:19 AM
:mog: For those expecting this game to have character based abilities i dont think you shud hold you breath.there are several reasons for this.
1. In the demo everyone cud use magic and summon(7 or 8 like system)
2. Even in games with unique characters abilities, each character can still be lumped into one one the main classes.(ff9:zidane+amarant= theif, dagger=whitemage/summoner, vivi=too obvious, eiko=summoner, quina=Bluemage, freya=dragoon, steiner=warrior.) what class wud use green magic?:mog:

YTDN
02-21-2006, 08:44 PM
according to this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XII) article, they are having set abilities and are using a spere grid type system called the license board. The name sounds weird.

Jhei
02-22-2006, 12:02 AM
Final Fantasy XII will indeed be using a system called License Board. Many things in this game require license, even the abilites. Abilities, weapons, magic, skills, (I think even summons) all need license to be used. Even if you have learned an ability or gained a weapon already, you can't use/equip them without a license. To earn a license, you need to gain enough license points (LP), which will be acquired along with EXP by defeating enemies.

Also, as SrBehemoth said, everyone could use a summon, but only one can be equipped at a time. Also, to gain a summon, you must beat them first. Then, the summon creature must sign a pact with the character who will equip them. My guess is that you can also change your equipped summon if you are tired with the one you currently have, and there might be more than six summons. (because it's not great if there are only six, the more the better)

YTDN
02-22-2006, 04:44 PM
what class wud use green magic?:mog:

A Green Mage, duh.

lady yunalesca
02-24-2006, 11:19 PM
Final Fantasy XII will indeed be using a system called License Board. Many things in this game require license, even the abilites. Abilities, weapons, magic, skills, (I think even summons) all need license to be used. Even if you have learned an ability or gained a weapon already, you can't use/equip them without a license. To earn a license, you need to gain enough license points (LP), which will be acquired along with EXP by defeating enemies.

Also, as SrBehemoth said, everyone could use a summon, but only one can be equipped at a time. Also, to gain a summon, you must beat them first. Then, the summon creature must sign a pact with the character who will equip them. My guess is that you can also change your equipped summon if you are tired with the one you currently have, and there might be more than six summons. (because it's not great if there are only six, the more the better)

sounds very............ interesting!! will i need a lawyer to complete the game?????

Hiraku
02-25-2006, 10:00 PM
I don't think having one summon per person is that bad... in fact, I'd like to specialize characters with skills only THEY can use. It makes them more irreplaceable, even the ones who are terrible stats. I guess it's like a drive for me to make all of them equally uber-strong.
Since the game allows customization, then the specialization would be up to me, which is somewhat more fun. That's just me, anyway.
As far as I know, for summons, there are Hashmal, Madeus, and Ultima. Who are the other 3?

PramTheOracle
02-27-2006, 11:23 PM
A Green Mage, duh.

Silly, Green Mages use Wind Magic!

Jhei
03-01-2006, 12:01 AM
From what I've gathered, there's no jobs in Final Fantasy XII so there are no Green Mages. But if there would be Green Mages, then they would probably use Green Magic (which are not Wind Magic) which contains Shell, Protect, and all the other "buff" spells. (Haste is not included because it's Time Magic, another category of magic in FF XII.)

Also, regarding the summons, the summons that I have seen so far are: Hashmarim, Belias, Altima, Mateus, and Queklain.

boys from the dwarf
03-01-2006, 07:55 AM
:mog: For those expecting this game to have character based abilities i dont think you shud hold you breath.there are several reasons for this.
1. In the demo everyone cud use magic and summon(7 or 8 like system)
2. Even in games with unique characters abilities, each character can still be lumped into one one the main classes.(ff9:zidane+amarant= theif, dagger=whitemage/summoner, vivi=too obvious, eiko=summoner, quina=Bluemage, freya=dragoon, steiner=warrior.) what class wud use green magic?:mog:
first, that was a demo so you cant use that as much evidence because demos are always different to how the actual game is played.sqare have made up a lot of different job classes before so i dont see why they cant make up a new class for green magic.

Hikoshi
03-04-2006, 01:08 PM
I'd say that green magic would be split across white mages, black mages and red mages, seeing as green magic is a bunch of buff's and debuff's. As for the licence board, it still confuses me, but it does look like a good system.

Vivisteiner
03-04-2006, 01:28 PM
From what I've gathered, there's
Also, regarding the summons, the summons that I have seen so far are: Hashmarim, Belias, Altima, Mateus, and Queklain.
And Adramalech.
That makes 6, but I hope there are more

Hikoshi
03-04-2006, 02:44 PM
So do I. 6 Summons is just never enough.

Crossblades
03-04-2006, 11:32 PM
So do I. 6 Summons is just never enough.

Well, it would make sense to have only 6 Summons in the game since the playable characters can only have one summon

Jhei
03-05-2006, 03:58 AM
^Well, it didn't say they couldn't change the summon they made a pact with. Maybe the character can break the pact they made, and that they could change to other summons. What I'm saying is that there could be spare summons. (for example, six are in use, and the other 6 summons doesn't have a pact with anyone)

Hikoshi
03-06-2006, 12:25 PM
I suppose, but seeing as each Totema is suppose to be linked to each species, and so far the characters only seem to be hume and viera... = 2 totema. So yea.