PDA

View Full Version : Questions....

u2girl1966
01-20-2006, 04:03 AM
I've noticed that the GFs have levels of compatibility with certain characters, Shiva is 100% compatible with Squall, while Ifrit isn't at all. I'm guessing that while as the GFs are leveling up and learning things, to stick them with characters that they are most compatible with and/or leaving them with those characters to get the best results.

Also, how beatable, for lack of better wordage, is the game without all the GFs? I'm having a hell of a time getting Diablos at this point. (I'm at the end of Disc1) I didn't think I had enough power to defeat him earlier and now he's all but KOing me before I've had a chance to do anything. Switching characters around, playing with junctioning, etc, doesn't help, so far.

Thanks in advance!

Noj_R
01-20-2006, 04:31 AM
Before we can help we could we have your character stats.

Make sure you have 100 magic junctioned. Thats the most you can collect on one magic for one character. 100 magic will boost your stats the most according to how your level, your stats, and how powerful the magic is. In otherwords, junctioning 100 magic makes the differenve happen, that and how powerful the magic is.

So tip #1 is junction 100 magic! :D

Make sure you junction the right magic. Cure is a HP junction, it doesnt really work for strength. Make sense? Attack magic is good for strength, healing magic for HP, protecting magic for defense, etc. Experiment and see which one raises your stats the most.

So tip #2 is junction the RIGHT magic!

GFs work like this, the more a character uses a GF, the higher that character's compatibility will get. And the game is very beatable without SUMMONING GFs, but it will be extremely difficult not junctioning them. So if you have good junctions you will almost never use GFs. The trick with GFs is learning their good abilities first and then applying them to the character. HP-J and STR-J ahould be the first ones learned and make sure every person has magic junctioned to them, since HP and STR are the most important stats.

I declare tip #3 to be: Junction the GFs and make sure they learn their best moves quickly.

If you are having trouble with Diablos, try using his own magic on him. Diablos has Demi ( a powerful magic in the first disc ). Draw and cast it back on him, this will reduce his HP by 1/4 every time! What demi does is reduce a targets HP by 1/4 everytime. Have one person cast demi on him, one person healing ( i believe Diablos has cure also, so draw it from him and cast it on your party ), and one person attacking with normal attacks/limit breaks. If you still have trouble, go level up your charcters a couple of times, ot better yet, look for stronger magic to draw.

Tip #4 is hereby declared! Thou shalt level up thy characters and draw strong magic from thine enemies.

These tips are in no particular order, and I know that was a big read, but I hope it helped. Enjoy playing the best RPG ever made! :D

u2girl1966
01-20-2006, 04:39 AM
Thanks, I'm still figuring out the whole junctioning thing and it would make sense that the more, for example, Squall uses Shiva, that's she's the most compatible with him.

As for Diablos, the last time I tried to fight him (about an hour ago), he cast Demi before anyone had the chance to power up and then he and cast it again. ARGH!

Actually, having read through a couple of online walkthroughs, I've realized I'm missing a few odds and ends and am tempted to start over.

rubah
01-20-2006, 04:46 AM
What you want to do is get lots of magic by refining or drawing before you gain levels.

Christmas
01-20-2006, 11:42 AM
You might want to junction those "stats bonus during level up" abilities to your character when you decided to level up or you can go around devouring monsters.

u2girl1966
01-20-2006, 01:06 PM
I tend to go the 'run around killing things to level up' route in every RPG game I've played. It can be a time suck, but then it can pay off in the end. :)

Markus. D
01-20-2006, 01:09 PM
Demi it twice... that should slightly ease the pain off battling him

u2girl1966
01-20-2006, 03:28 PM
Popping in here long enough to say that I finally got Diablos. Wheee!

w2hunter
01-23-2006, 02:19 AM
yeah the first things i always do when i start are try and get as many justion ablities i can like str-j or hp-j as soon as posible and spend 20 minets or soo to get 100 of the best spells at the time. when ever a new better spell pops up i always get 100 of them. and a new gf most of the time means new J ability weather it be vit-j or w/e i always go for those first and hardly ever have to use the gf in battle. but ...eh i duno if that will help or not good luck!

chronic_Maniac
01-23-2006, 07:56 AM
A) You want to figure out what skills the gf learn like the junction skills. Learn it, Then find the person who would need help in those areas. So I'm pretty sure ifrit has str-junction so you can either help someone who needs str or if you want, put it on squall and his attack will sky rocket with good magic.

B) Learn the junction skills first like str - j and then stuff for your elm/status attacks and def. It is good to learn other things like revive, restore, and devour. Also hp + and stuff like that. It's all up to you what to do, I know it takes too long to learn them and people will say I'll get it when I get it.

C) aways get gfs the moment it is available. With Deublos Draw demi off him and cast his cure spells on you. The whole time someone is in
yellow (critical) life, toggle back and forth with triangle until a limit break is optional.

D) make sure you try and draw ???? off enemies just to see what it is. There is no magic in the game that will kill you if you draw, also if you don't like it then you can discard. once fira is easy to come by you might wanna just forget about fire cause it is too weak. watch out for good spells like double/triple tornado, ultima, life/full life, metor, holy, aura, and others of your personal favorites. The more you use magic junctioned to a stat will slowly bring the stat down. Have no fear it will go back up if you draw more magic later.

E) learning refine helps a lot if you really want everything in the game. I will not strain to tell you but it is a short cut to finding higher leveled magic early in the game.

I could help more but I'm gonna jump to another thread.