PDA

View Full Version : Chrono Symphonic

Samuraid
01-20-2006, 07:23 AM
Chrono Symphonic is a project a long time in the making. Starting from the autumn days of October 2004, and ending in the wintry days of January 2006, it’s been a labor of love for everybody that has been a part of it. Initially designed to be the soundtrack for the long-desired Chrono Trigger movie (no, the movie doesn’t exist and probably never will), it encompasses 18 different artists' takes on the way such a film should sound in an orchestral setting, and many more on how it should look and feel. Never has such an abundance of talent been thrown into such a powerful calling, and never has the game Chrono Trigger, which many of us grew up playing, known so much love.

http://chrono.ocremix.org/
Torrent: http://bt.ocremix.org/files/Chrono_Symphonic.torrent

Figured this was important enough and affected all of us in the gaming/Square-Enix fanbase enough to be considered important. :) Take a listen.

Thoughts?

Fire_Emblem776
01-20-2006, 05:18 PM
I love our staff.:love: (300kbs wow this thing is going fast:eek: ) Oh my it hit the 400 mark!

Its nice. Almost like a real orchestra. This is wonderful :)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-20-2006, 08:00 PM
Most of the medleys were pretty weak. It would have been better if they'd just given the soundtrack a song-by-song orchestral overhaul.

Samuraid
01-20-2006, 09:58 PM
Yeah. I listened to the first CD of it last night and the melodies are definitely not as strong. (Some of them are altered from the originals) Although it's more orchestral than the original game, it still sounds mostly synthesized.

A few of the songs stood out though from the rest, and certainly made it worth the download. :)

Winter Nights
01-24-2006, 04:03 AM
Yeah, the songs are great and worth the download. But, definately some more than others.

Did anyone read the movie script on the main-site? I found it decent enough, though kinda cheesy in places and very much Americanized. *shrugs* Dunno.. Like I said, decent enough.. But I prolly wouldn't want it to be the shooting script.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-24-2006, 04:11 AM
It doesn't bother me too much considering it'll never happen.

Winter Nights
01-24-2006, 04:25 AM
Very true. Not sure anyone would want a Hollywood Chrono Trigger anyway.

Vyk
01-24-2006, 05:24 AM
*Downloads*