PDA

View Full Version : A crush that never returned your feelings...

Peter_20
01-20-2006, 02:41 PM
I was wondering how people in general would react if you ever encountered a love interest that never returned your feelings?
Would it be painful to encounter that person, EVEN if you had got over it all?
Like, meeting the person a few months later or something?

~SapphireStar~
01-20-2006, 02:51 PM
It happened to me throughout high school. I had feelings for all my guy friends whom I'd known since primary school, but they were either spoken for or didnt see me in that way. It was painful yes, but luckly I managed to get over it.
Although one guy appeared at my college and we became close again, but he had fallen for one of my friends (ex friend now,b ut due to personal reasons) and wanted me to hook them both up. She was Jewish and her parents wanted her to see Jewish boys, so she could only have him as a friend. This upset me cause he still wanted to see her and be with her, but it was out of the question and she wasnt attracted to him anyway. Hes moved on and got himself a girl and Im over it now cause I have a wonderful guy of my own :D

Christmas
01-20-2006, 02:57 PM
When I first read this, I thought is is about CRASH (http://forums.eyesonff.com/member.php?u=13890) instead of CRUSH (http://www.defence.gov.au/news/armynews/editions/1128/images/17-car%20crush.jpg).

Anyway, it will be pretty painful but only if you really didn't truly gotten over it. Of course who know spark of love might emerge again.

Speaking of which, I will have trouble recognizing the person if I didn't see the person few months later.

boris no no
01-20-2006, 03:35 PM
thats what its like most the time for nerds/geeks/spotty folk/narks/Star Trek fans/most people

Its life

Loony BoB
01-20-2006, 03:37 PM
"Bugger."

Peter_20
01-20-2006, 05:14 PM
But what if this crush turned out to have changed a lot the next time you meet him/her?
Wouldn't your interest be somewhat rekindled, then?
I mean, that's almost the same as meeting a completely new person. :)

Anaisa
01-20-2006, 05:23 PM
Its never happened to me, and never will. Im just far too irresistible for that to happen.

Twisted Tinkerbell
01-20-2006, 05:24 PM
Through high school it was rare if the person I had a crush on felt the same about me.

Peter_20
01-20-2006, 05:47 PM
Could anyone please respond?

But what if this crush turned out to have changed a lot the next time you meet him/her?
Wouldn't your interest be somewhat rekindled, then?
I mean, that's almost the same as meeting a completely new person. :)

Twisted Tinkerbell
01-20-2006, 05:50 PM
It would depends on if the person had changed and you were attracted to the changes in them. But it is possible.

Agent Proto
01-20-2006, 05:50 PM
Happened a few times in high school. How did I react to it? Quite poorly. but never poor enough to do anything drastic.

boris no no
01-20-2006, 05:51 PM
Could anyone please respond?
If you want a propar response to it you should get this thread moved to eoeo otherwise it might just get killed

Peter_20
01-20-2006, 05:56 PM
It would depends on if the person had changed and you were attracted to the changes in them. But it is possible.Yeah, I also thought so.
I think that if I were a girl, and for a while I was in love with a very shy person, and got tired of him, I sure as hell would become interested anew if that shyguy suddenly acted in an open and social manner, and simply was charming. :)

Captain Maxx Power
01-20-2006, 06:08 PM
I've known nothing but unrequited love so far. Yet people wonder why I'm so bitter and twisted.

Zeldy
01-20-2006, 06:40 PM
It happens. You just have to move on. It hasn't happened to me recently, but I don't like anyone in my school. They're all right dogs.

..They're all Chavs too ;_;

Unless.. I fancy the pants off Lauri and he dosn't know I exist. Does that count? :p

Rice Cake
01-20-2006, 08:25 PM
I had feelings for this girl, but she was taken and really happy, so I let my feelings subside. Even to this day she's my best friend.

Dolentrean
01-20-2006, 08:28 PM
Happened a few times, but for the most part it is me not returning feelings. I dont get crushes that often.

The worst though, is right now I know a girl, a forign exchang student, who feels the same way about me as I do for her. We talked about it and came to the conclusion that nothing could happen (obviously) and we wanted to be just friends, however, not wanting to be hurt or hurt me she bagain to slowly pull away from me and now I hardly ever talk to her. But I accept that and am getting over it, sure it hurts, but hey, lifes life, feelings suck, but theres not much we can do about them.

Mirage
01-20-2006, 09:04 PM
None of my crushes returned my feelings.

?????
01-20-2006, 09:07 PM
CRAWLING IN MY ROBES

THESE WOUNDS REQUIRE ELIXIR

My name is...something..?
01-20-2006, 09:08 PM
I felt like this a long time ago, but I just moved on.
Nothing you can do about it, I'm afraid.

KoShiatar
01-20-2006, 09:27 PM
It happened to me at least twice, many years ago, and once more recently.
I always feel kind of sad when I think about these people. Like, "Why wasn't I chosen?" or something like that.

Shadow The Red XIII Thing
01-20-2006, 09:46 PM
I had feeling for one of my best friend girls.
She was spoken for I got over it and went on to bigger and better things. I met her again a few months ago and turns out she liked me too
but im over it and so is she so its all cool.

Levian
01-20-2006, 09:56 PM
No crushes. Brushes however...

Da Moogle
01-20-2006, 09:59 PM
He moved away.... I really miss him.....

So..far away...

Levian
01-20-2006, 10:08 PM
Just go after him. You'll end up barging in on his wedding and everything will turn out ok. Don't worry. I've seen this in movies thousands of times, it'll work.

Psychotic
01-20-2006, 10:55 PM
Just go after him. You'll end up barging in on his wedding and everything will turn out ok. Don't worry. I've seen this in movies thousands of times, it'll work.Absolutely! But I think Da Moogle should be original, and burst in before the "Is there anyone here who has any reason to object to this marriage taking place?" line. I suggest during the hymns. Everyone hates hymns, and they'll be glad of the interruption.

KentaRawr!
01-21-2006, 01:35 AM
When you barge in, say "I OBJECTION! YOU'RE LYING DAMMIT, AND I CAN PROVE IT!!!". It would be absolute genius.

Anyways, I have never really had a crush on someone. o.o

Meat Puppet
01-21-2006, 02:25 AM
She didn't for ages. Then one day, she finally did! But I puked on her. The end.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
01-21-2006, 02:36 AM
Well no but I'll give it time :p

Vyk
01-21-2006, 03:05 AM
Have I ever encountered it? That's pretty much ALL I've encountered. Hurrah for the friend zone and unrequited love. :/

Reles
01-21-2006, 03:18 AM
Uh I'm sure I have in elementary school, yet I was doing just as much rejecting as I was being rejected. I can't say that I've ever been rejected after that, in Middle School and High School, I didn't really crush on a lot of guys, but a lot of guys crushed on me. I guess that's because I was in a long term relationship.

SoulTaker*
01-22-2006, 11:40 PM
http://www.askmen.com/imagessexsymbol/2001_dec/kate_beckinsale/kate_beckinsale_150b.jpg:crying:

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
01-22-2006, 11:44 PM
This sounds stupid I know but, it sort of happening to me now... It's one of the most painful thing I've had to deal with... again..I know it sounds stupid...

Twisted Tinkerbell
01-22-2006, 11:49 PM
I don't think it sounds stupid. When I was in year10 there was this girl I really liked. I was scared to tell her how I felt cause my highschool was homophobic as hell, that and I didn't think she'd feel the same way about me.

Death Penalty
01-22-2006, 11:56 PM
http://www.askmen.com/imagessexsymbol/2001_dec/kate_beckinsale/kate_beckinsale_150b.jpg:crying:
I know youre pain man.
I know youre pain.:(

Rye
01-23-2006, 12:38 AM
Until my current boyfriend, that was usually what I delt with. It hurts, but crushes are crushes are crushes. Unrequited love is horribe, but unrequited crushes would be a 5 on the pain scale.

escobert
01-23-2006, 12:49 AM
Have I ever encountered it? That's pretty much ALL I've encountered. Hurrah for the friend zone and unrequited love. :/
yay! it sucks. My ex and I just broke up because we're too good of friends and don;t want to hurt that. :p

T-MaN
01-23-2006, 04:05 AM
I just force myself to forget about it. A couple of soccer matches here and there, and *poof*, I forget about it all.

Jebus
01-23-2006, 04:26 AM
I don't care. Hell, I've got a tally going.

||||/ |||

I'm 8 for 8. :D

Vyk
01-23-2006, 04:32 AM
yay! it sucks. My ex and I just broke up because we're too good of friends and don;t want to hurt that. :p
Just a personal belief. But friendship should be the foundation of a relationship. Not an excuse for breaking it off.

Doomie
01-23-2006, 04:35 AM
I've never felt it because I don't ever remember having a crush on someone. Unless you call what I have now a crush. But it's not really unrequited. Meh. It hurts, but people get over it.