PDA

View Full Version : EoFF Invitation: tGA

Raistlin
01-21-2006, 03:46 AM
Yeah, it's about that time again. :p

http://www.thegamersalliance.net/forums

Anyway, for the past six years now, the Gamer's Alliance (aka tGA) has been EoFF's unofficial forums-based ORPG. It began as a collection of EzBoards getting together to RP (EoFF and several others, now long dead), and I have since taken ownership of it. tGA has historically drawn most of its membership from EoFF, though we did try to bring a few more boards into it a couple of years ago. It's something I'd rather not talk about.

tGA is a message board-based ORPG. It's pretty much a large, interactive fanfic based on an original world.

EoFF members that used to go to tGA: Cid (former admin), Dr Unne, BOU, Jojo, eestlinc (he was a King, but he fled when he was losing the war, the wuss), HOOTERS (he might come back), Not At All Reno (I'm going to bug him to return), Kawaii, and others.

EoFF (former) members that still go to tGA: Bleys (former admin), Lynx, Emerald Aeris, Doomgaze (current admin), Kossage (current admin), Proto, DocFrance, Loony BoB, Yamaneko (though he doesn't RP, which even turned into an EoFF joke), uh...I think that's it.

tGA goes through periodic downtimes every six months or so when everyone gets tired of writing. But enough people eventually show interest to get it started up again. When we need more people, we have advertised here at EoFF to try and get some new blood and a return of some of the former RPers.

It's pretty easy to get involved. Just read through the Rules and FAQ threads, and then make a profile in the Profile thread. Once it's approved, you're free to join in the RP (stickied in the Crossroads forum) at any point. You can be good, bad, or anything in between, and you're free to pretty much do anything you want. Admins (Councillors) will be reading and participating in the RP and will watch for "god-moding" (overpowering your characters, doing something ridiculously unrealistic), but we are pretty lenient.

Also, if you don't feel like RPing in the main forum or want to start another RP set in your own world, tGA has a Quest forum where you can start your own original RPs that other members can join.

Important links:

<a href="http://www.thegamersalliance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9">The Rules</a>
<a href="http://www.thegamersalliance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=215">FAQ</a>
<a href="http://www.thegamersalliance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=199">Profiles</a>: Where you post your character's profile. Instructions for how to do so in the link.
<a href="http://www.thegamersalliance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=465">State of the World</a>: the current state of the tGA world.
<a href="http://www.thegamersalliance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=243">Summary thread</a>: a summary of the entire RP so far, dating back to the beginning of the last big RP.
<a href="http://www.thegamersalliance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=259">The World Map</a>: map of the world dating back to the beginning of the war.
<a href="http://www.thegamersalliance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=467">RP thread</a>: where we're currently RPing.

So join up. *pokes*

EDIT BY BoB: For anyone who is going to be an idiot, advertising is not allowed unless approved of by an admin, in this case, I have approved this thread.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-21-2006, 03:53 AM
I'll be sure to make up a detailed profile and then never do anything with that character ever.

Raistlin
01-21-2006, 03:54 AM
Sorta like you usually do, eh? :p

Though you and Linus got fairly involved with the RP back during the IPB days.

*adds Kishi to the list of former RPers*

Doomie
01-21-2006, 03:55 AM
I joined once, but left before I did anything.

Oh, and NO ADVERTISING*&%*()!&@%*()&)*&!!!!!@@@#@#1!!

Raistlin
01-21-2006, 04:02 AM
tGA has quite literally been advertising at EoFF for six years. It's almost pathetic.

Doomie
01-21-2006, 04:03 AM
Six years too long if you ask me. But you didn't. Therefore, you may proceed.

Madonna
01-21-2006, 04:07 AM
I'm totally a former member of this board. :|

I should get a nifty purple title saying "Old Codger's Club". That being said, I endorse this thread like the yes-man that I am. C'mon, join, and save (or destroy, if that's your cup of tea) the world.

EDIT: Cram it, Weasley.

Raistlin
01-21-2006, 04:09 AM
And once you've destoried the world, you can explain to us what the hell you did.

EDIT: I love you too, Lynxy. :love:

EDIT2: Yeah, fix your typo. Everyone will still know your shame!

Madonna
01-21-2006, 04:14 AM
The best ad, I'll have you know, is talking Kishi into banning RP threads in the Writers' Corner. :|

Raistlin
01-21-2006, 04:15 AM
Yeah, we had a good racket going with bribing certain members of staff into banning RP threads.

Yamaneko
01-21-2006, 04:18 AM
Are we to expect the usual demise of the RP by late spring when Wesley goes off somewhere? Good, everything is in order then. We shall live as kings through the spring and revel with memories of yesterday through the summer and into the fall before they quietly put us to rest upon the ground that bore us those long months before. When tGA was just version 7.

Raistlin
01-21-2006, 04:21 AM
Shove it, Yams. If you had actually RPed <i>like you promise</i>, tGA never would've died again. It's all your fault.

Madonna
01-21-2006, 04:22 AM
Hey, hey, keep it enticing.

Loony BoB
01-21-2006, 08:39 AM
tGA has historically drawn most of its membership from tGA
So why the hell are you making a thread here!? :p

Dignified Pauper
01-21-2006, 09:00 AM
seems really interesting, but I would probably pull a Marick, be part of it for a few weeks, then quit.

Old Manus
01-21-2006, 10:05 AM
RPs suck

PS:

seems really interesting, but I would probably pull a Marick, be part of it for a few weeks, then quit.
I agree with this.

Kossage
01-21-2006, 11:44 AM
I'll be sure to make up a detailed profile and then never do anything with that character ever.

I'd like to see you RPing again, Kishi. You did well in the RP during the IPB days, and it'd be nice if you decided to participate in the story this time around too.

Are we to expect the usual demise of the RP by late spring when Wesley goes off somewhere?

It depends on you members. So far we've practically RPed non-stop for about a year (maybe the longest period a tGA story has been active so far), so the RP hasn't died, it's just slowed down a bit.

And you have me on the forums, and you know that I'll keep the RP going (even during Wes's absences) as long as there are members who are willing to keep it going too. ;)

If anyone has any questions about the RP at tGA, feel free to ask.

Raistlin
01-21-2006, 05:31 PM
So why the hell are you making a thread here!? :p
I'm lucky you caught that instead of Lynx, after I mocked him for his "destory" typo. :p

-N-
01-21-2006, 05:41 PM
EDIT BY BoB: For anyone who is going to be an idiot, advertising is not allowed unless approved of by an admin, in this case, I have approved this thread.Aww, BoB stealing my thunder again. :\

Kossage
01-21-2006, 07:39 PM
Oh, and we also have an IRC channel #tga in the same server where #eoff is. :)

Ryth
01-21-2006, 09:37 PM
I joined last annual tGA thread came up, posted a little, and forgot about it. It still sits in my favorites, I went back to it today but I'll more than likey stop going by tomorrow. :)

Shoden
01-21-2006, 10:41 PM
cool I think I'll join and spicen the war up.
I had no idea about this though.

Del Murder
01-22-2006, 01:50 AM
I'm a gay cowboy. I was never around for the early rps, but I think eest makes the best posts when he plays. Maybe that is because we are the same person.

ffxfreak93
01-22-2006, 01:52 AM
I'm a gay cowboy.
xDDDD

Raistlin
01-22-2006, 02:08 AM
I'm a gay cowboy. I was never around for the early rps, but I think eest makes the best posts when he plays. Maybe that is because we are the same person.
You obviously haven't been around much. HOOTERS made the best posts. Followed by krissy.

Kossage
01-22-2006, 02:16 AM
From what I remember, the "Roll Call!" and the "I can't believe it's not sand!" posts were the funniest RP posts I'd seen HOOTERS write at tGA.

I assumed you would've continued RPing Sonny, Del, so I was surprised to see you had a new character in mind. Still, it's nice if we'll see you in the RP again.

eestlinc
01-22-2006, 02:27 AM
I liked the unbent banana and everything krissy posted. and scar. tGA is good times if it stays active.

Miriel
01-22-2006, 02:29 AM
I'll be joining in soon too as a gay cowboy. As soon as I figure out what Jack Tenderheart's magic ability is gonna be.

Raistlin
01-22-2006, 02:31 AM
I liked the unbent banana and everything krissy posted. and scar. tGA is good times if it stays active.
Scar. xD

Yeah, krissy is a good RPer. which is why next time I find him online I'm going to bug him to come back. He probably will, too. Unlike like that Unne creep.

eestlinc
01-22-2006, 02:38 AM
is there anything going on in your story?

Del Murder
01-22-2006, 03:37 AM
Yeah, Reno is also good. Hoot, eh, I don't like monkeys.

Raistlin
01-22-2006, 04:22 AM
Yeah, Reno is also good. Hoot, eh, I don't like monkeys.
That character was pretty crappy, but Bashkar was brilliant.

eestlinc
01-22-2006, 04:41 AM
the unbent banana was classic, though.

Emerald Aeris
01-22-2006, 04:47 AM
Yeah, join, 'cause it's cool and stuff. Is that good? Can I go now?

-N-
01-22-2006, 04:48 AM
Hey there, how's it going, haven't seen you in a while, well, talk to you later.

Kossage
01-22-2006, 05:01 AM
Raist, you have to agree that HOOT's Memento post was very hilarious in the Aison RP, though. :p

Raistlin
01-22-2006, 05:09 AM
...I don't remember that one. But Bashkar was just overal much funnier than anything else at tGA ever. Well, except for that time when Elyse and Matt's characters got it on in that dark cell place during the Sydney Losstarot war. But that was more "*gag* lame" funny than anything else.

Loony BoB
01-22-2006, 08:31 AM
Raist, you have to agree that HOOT's Memento post was very hilarious in the Aison RP, though. :p
I definitely liked that one.

Regarding Murd & Miriel's characters: I hope you all realise that no good can come of this.

Kossage
01-22-2006, 03:51 PM

Scar was quite funny in the old RP, and Bunny (Jojo's rabbit character) followed in his footsteps, sort of. Medieval fantasy worlds do occasionally get these silly characters. :D

Both the chat and the forums were quite active yesterday, and we had some nice conversations going on. Keep up the good work, people. :)

Miriel
01-22-2006, 08:05 PM
Regarding Murd & Miriel's characters: I hope you all realise that no good can come of this.
Well yeah.

Our's is a forbidden love. Tragedy is inevitable.

Kossage
01-23-2006, 01:57 PM
Our's is a forbidden love. Tragedy is inevitable.

Yeah, all these romantic guy relationships at tGA have eventually ended up in a disaster. Raistlin & Leon and Raine & Abel are good examples of this. :(

Also, speaking of romance, I'd really like to see more girls at tGA. The RP has been male-dominated for a long time, although we've usually had a few girls RP'ing with us. Now would be a good time for more girls to join and make the place livelier (as some have already done). After all, female characters add the much needed spice to the story. :)

And once again I say that if anyone has any questions about tGA, feel free to ask.

Pheesh
01-23-2006, 02:10 PM
Also, speaking of romance, I'd really like to see more girls at tGA. The RP has been male-dominated for a long time, although we've usually had a few girls RP'ing with us. Now would be a good time for more girls to join and make the place livelier (as some have already done). After all, female characters add the much needed spice to the story. :)

Why, so you can take them over....i know your scheme.

Stay Essential
EE

Raistlin
01-23-2006, 03:16 PM
Yeah, all these romantic guy relationships at tGA have eventually ended up in a disaster. Raistlin & Leon and Raine & Abel are good examples of this.
Both Raistlin and Raine were/are my characters and both were unwilling participants in this guyfest. Damn Bleys and Doc.

NeoCracker
01-23-2006, 03:34 PM
Why, so you can take them over....i know your scheme.

Stay Essential
EE

That may be his scheme, but it is destined to backfire. I will definately try this, RP's here seem to move a little slow if you didn't get in with Tyranny of Shinra or the bahamut one, neither of which I am willing to read that much of to get whats going on.

Pheesh
01-23-2006, 03:48 PM
slow is TGA's middle name....along with dead. But you should jump on now while there's members active.

Stay Essential
EE

Kossage
01-23-2006, 06:35 PM
That may be his scheme, but it is destined to backfire.

Yeah, not that many girls are interested in the story of tGA, and that's sad. :(

slow is TGA's middle name....along with dead. But you should jump on now while there's members active.

It's the players that keep the story going and add twists to the plot, though. Council does do that too, of course, but Council is mainly there to prevent people from god-moding. So, it's easy for anyone to contribute to the story. Thus tGA is as active as players make it be. :)

Miriel
01-23-2006, 06:38 PM
Now would be a good time for more girls to join and make the place livelier (as some have already done). After all, female characters add the much needed spice to the story. :)

I'm joining. But definitely not with a female character. :)

Madonna
01-23-2006, 07:56 PM
Also, speaking of romance, I'd really like to see more girls at tGA. The RP has been male-dominated for a long time, although we've usually had a few girls RP'ing with us. Now would be a good time for more girls to join and make the place livelier (as some have already done). After all, female characters add the much needed spice to the story. :)This man just wants to seduce you! I know, I saw him RPing as a smooth operator, hooking up with Jojo's character!

Doomie
01-23-2006, 08:05 PM

Yeah, nothing turns a girl on more than pretending to be a elf from Syphillisodiobia, while her love interest is a nerdy 21 year-old with acne and gout who has managed to be the ultimate knight in his own little fantasy world.

...:)

Raistlin
01-23-2006, 08:43 PM
So even you got a shot, Doomie. :p

And Kossage is definitely tGA's pimp.

Doomie
01-23-2006, 08:54 PM
So even you got a shot, Doomie. :p

It's like I said that sentence without breathing.

Awesomeman
01-23-2006, 09:26 PM
I'm in.

Jojee
01-23-2006, 09:30 PM
lolz tga ;)

/spam

/I mean production stuff.

Twisted Tinkerbell
01-23-2006, 09:31 PM
Go on then I'll join in.

Raistlin
01-23-2006, 09:51 PM
lolz tga ;)

/spam

/I mean production stuff.
You definitely need to come back, twerp.

Kossage
01-23-2006, 10:21 PM
News flash to all you girls out there: RP'ing at tGA doesn't force you to become love interests or to even have clich&#233;d characters. Originality is the key. And you'd have to look for someone else if you wish to find the ultimate knight of tGA. :p

I guess my attempts to get a more feminine touch to tGA have earned me this reputation. It'd be pretty cool to actually make one of my characters a pimp, though. I shall reconsider it. :D

And yeah, I'd like to see you back at tGA, Jojo. I miss your posts. :(

theundeadhero
01-23-2006, 10:27 PM
Give me a month and I'll be your girl ;)

eestlinc
01-24-2006, 05:16 AM
Krissy was always the best girl at tGA.

Pheesh
01-24-2006, 06:04 AM
And yeah, I'd like to see you back at tGA, Jojo. I miss your posts. :(

I don't...they didn't make much sense....they were too short. XD OH SNAP!

But on a more serious note the bunny thing was just stupid....it just wouldn't die. But you should come back, because my character had to save your characters a$$ during the big battle.

Stay Essential
EE

Caspian
01-24-2006, 07:27 AM
Raist, I heard you suck.

I'm inclined to believe everything I hear.

Kossage
01-24-2006, 01:36 PM
I don't...they didn't make much sense....they were too short. XD OH SNAP!

Actually she did have coherent posts in the Remon RP when she RP'ed Skye (that's how she and I got the Skye & Refan love story going, actually). And back in the older RPs she had this elven girl and wrote quite long posts. So the old Aison group just happened to meet Bunny who was mainly a comic relief character which didn't give her much of a chance to write long posts (whereas Skye was a more serious character and thus allowed her to get into more detail).

Raist, I heard you suck.

I'm inclined to believe everything I hear.

Then you're inclined to believe that tGA has probably the most interesting story of all the ORPGs I've seen (and I've seen many). There's a detailed history dating all the way back to the old board, the plot itself has had many interesting twists, characters aren't that clich&#233;d, there's been both serious and funny posts in the RP, and a lot of cool people from EoFF have RP'ed at tGA. ;)

Caspian
01-24-2006, 02:06 PM
Yes, I am.

Raistlin
01-24-2006, 02:22 PM
Jojo's characters have gone downhill (like her height, lolz) ever since the original Kami.

Krissy was always the best girl at tGA.
:love:

Pheesh
01-24-2006, 04:02 PM
kossage...it was a height joke.

Also, raistlin....YOU BAD! :p

TGA: a large RP community....and JoJo

Stay Essential
EE

Raistlin
01-24-2006, 04:25 PM
Seeing ed's topic "this place has become bloated" reminded me of tGA's official slogan.

The Gamer's Alliance: Better Than Magestar

Kossage
01-24-2006, 05:00 PM
kossage...it was a height joke.

Yeah, I noticed that, but I just wasn't sure if you remembered that Jojo had actually written long posts when she used Skye (as opposed to when she used Bunny). :p

Seeing ed's topic "this place has become bloated" reminded me of tGA's official slogan.

The Gamer's Alliance: Better Than Magestar

I guess that was the closest thing we ever got for an official slogan unless you count the "Come All Ye Heroes" one.

Raistlin
01-24-2006, 05:31 PM
Yeah, but no one liked that except me and Spatvark. :(

"Wage the wars, live the legends" is about as close as we ever got. Unless you count "who needs battles when you've got long, monotonous carriage rides?"

Kossage
01-25-2006, 01:59 AM
Yeah, but no one liked that except me and Spatvark. :(

"Wage the wars, live the legends" is about as close as we ever got. Unless you count "who needs battles when you've got long, monotonous carriage rides?"

Yeah, I use "Wage the wars, live the legends" in my sig to advertise the site. And wait, did we have the carriage ride one as a slogan too? That's great. xD

Madonna
01-25-2006, 03:51 AM
Yes, and we had a really ugly banner that went with it. I don't have it, but I have something else. Let me see if I can find it.

Here it is.

Raistlin
01-25-2006, 04:19 AM

Madonna
01-25-2006, 04:21 AM
Geez, why don't you just say, "Bump!" for crying out loud?

I like Shluppy's frogicorn banner too. Unicrog?

Raistlin
01-25-2006, 04:26 AM
I wasn't going to say "bump." More like "burn in hell, bastard."

Kossage
01-25-2006, 12:02 PM
xD @ Lynx and the sig. I recently read that text in one of the old Ezboard RP threads.

Anyway, it's been nice to see the RP and the forums as active as they have been. And HOOTERS returned (at least for the time being xD) and posted in the RP, so I'm happy. :D

Pheesh
01-25-2006, 12:20 PM
Bunya is the most pointless character ever.

What is it with characters starting with Bun.

Stay Essential
EE

Raistlin
01-25-2006, 04:13 PM
:love: @ Hooters

And the "Bun" thing is all Jojo's fault.

Kossage
01-25-2006, 10:13 PM
I dunno, I actually liked Bunya's crazy antics. Although having Bashkar the drape-loving pirate around would be cool.

eestlinc
01-25-2006, 10:48 PM
Linus posted too.

Pheesh
01-26-2006, 05:19 AM
I dunno, I actually liked Bunya's crazy antics. Although having Bashkar the drape-loving pirate around would be cool.

You like all the women...you're not picky.

Stay Essential
EE

Kossage
01-26-2006, 03:02 PM
Linus posted too.

Heh. I wonder if we could get him interested in RP'ing too. Also, would MecaKane be interested in coming back?

You like all the women...you're not picky.

xD

Also, I'm kind of surprised that there haven't been that many questions about tGA in this thread yet. :p

Raistlin
01-27-2006, 04:49 AM
I'll try and drag Kane back. And hopefully <s>Snowe</s> Linus will keep posting.

-N-
01-27-2006, 05:33 AM
I visited tGA today, but I didn't register or look at any threads. Just the subfora.

Madonna
01-27-2006, 10:19 AM
You've missed out, then. Judging by the number of members with zero posts, the best thing that you can do is regsiter and never post. I hear all the kids do it out in Riverbury, which is to say not.

Also, I hadn't realized Snowe was Linus. I gave him a good name!

Raistlin
01-28-2006, 02:31 AM
xD Yes, you did. Now we can throw rocks at his arm.

Chemical
01-28-2006, 07:26 PM
I'm convinced.

I don't even remember the last time I fooled around with this format. Probably back in my early highschool years.

If I'm not lynched for excessive use of aesthetics then I could perhaps keep company for longer than the average month of my posting binges.

Kossage
01-28-2006, 11:30 PM
I'll try and drag Kane back. And hopefully Snowe Linus will keep posting.

It'd be nice to see Kane back and see Linus participating in the RP. Time will tell, I guess.

Judging by the number of members with zero posts, the best thing that you can do is regsiter and never post.

It's sad when people do that.

Raistlin
01-29-2006, 08:46 PM
Only stupid people register but don't post.

Lesson: don't be stupid.

Dr Unne
01-29-2006, 10:29 PM
Only stupid people register but don't post.

Lesson: don't be stupid.

i.e. don't register.

Raistlin
01-29-2006, 10:46 PM
You hush.

Kossage
01-30-2006, 04:32 PM
xD @ Unne.

It's nice that HOOTERS has been posting in the RP, and quite many people from EoFF have been active at tGA lately too.

You can still join the RP as it hasn't gone that far yet, and Raistlin, Doomgaze and I will be there to help you out with RP related questions. Of course you could just register and hang out in other places at tGA like Speak Your Mind (tGA's equivalent to General Chat), Creative Talents, Quest etc.

Raistlin
01-30-2006, 04:52 PM
And don't forget General Gaming, where we discuss which of the 108 stars in Suikoden V will be showing some skin.

Kossage
02-01-2006, 03:49 AM
And don't forget General Gaming, where we discuss which of the 108 stars in Suikoden V will be showing some skin.

Haha, yes.

But yeah, those of you who haven't joined tGA yet should do so. After all, you get to meet people who haven't been around at tGA for quite some time, and there are members from other forums too. You can bet there's some crazy humour too, and of course the Soap (you have to see it for yourself) appears every now and then. :)

Raistlin
02-01-2006, 03:51 AM
tGA has the people too cool for EoFF like Bleys, Hooters, Linus, Baloki, etc.

Yamaneko
02-01-2006, 05:41 AM
What are you doing there then?

-N-
02-01-2006, 05:43 AM
o burn

escobert
02-01-2006, 05:47 AM
You will never get me back!

Chemical
02-01-2006, 05:48 AM
tGA has the people too cool for EoFF like Bleys, Hooters, Linus, Baloki, etc.

:/

My mom says I'm cool

Raistlin
02-01-2006, 02:48 PM
What are you doing there then?
I'm not banned. Yet, anyway. :love:

Kossage
02-02-2006, 05:07 PM
Yeah, at tGA you people can meet legendary people like HOOTERS. Think of the possibilities if you'd RP with him at tGA: you can be sure that it's going to be hilarious, and so far he's provided us with quite a few laughs. :p

Yamaneko
02-02-2006, 05:12 PM
We have a great new banner too.

Kossage
02-03-2006, 12:38 PM
Yeah, we've had several cool banners. The current Suikoden one rocks. xD

So this is yet another reason to join tGA: you can see all these awesome banners the cool members make for tGA. :D

Raistlin
02-03-2006, 04:00 PM
I might have to change this banner back sooner rather than later. Before Bleys's head explodes.

Emerald Aeris
02-03-2006, 04:47 PM
Again, you mean?

Raistlin
02-03-2006, 10:01 PM
Yeah, pretty much. xD

Apparently Lynx is working on some new banners, so hopefully those'll be done soon.

Kossage
02-04-2006, 03:20 PM
I'm eager to see the new banner(s) too. :)