PDA

View Full Version : So, what are your favorite quotes?

KentaRawr!
01-21-2006, 04:58 AM
What are your favorite quotes from anyone?

The quotes you post are only limited to the forum rules. The quote you post may be funny, sophisticated, random, or anything. It just has to be one of your favorite quotes. And state why you like it, too.

My favorite quote would have to be: "Timmy, you are banned for asking this stupid question." - Kawaii Ryukishi. I find it funny because people laugh when something unfortunate happens. :)

So, what are your favorite quotes?

Paragon
01-21-2006, 05:03 AM
Favourite quote huh?

"We're bigger then Jesus" - The Beatles.

Because it applies to me....and my associates.

Dolentrean
01-21-2006, 05:10 AM
"I'd Die to win... Because im born to lose" - song, firefly.

"I dont know how world war III will be fought, but I know how world war IV will be fought... with sticks and stones"-Albert Einstein

"Cant do something smart-Do something right" - Jane, Serenity

Elite Lord Sigma
01-21-2006, 05:28 AM
"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."-Gone With the Wind

"You spoony bard!"-Tellah, Final Fantasy IV

Death Penalty
01-21-2006, 05:52 AM
"Ronald Reagan is the devil,think aboutit all 3 names have 6 letters ,666"
-the boondocks episode 1 the garden party

Kirobaito
01-21-2006, 06:11 AM
"Nonconformity is all the rage these days." - Del Snizz

"Copy from one, it’s plagiarism; copy from two, it’s research." - Wilson Mizner

"If you can't convince them, confuse them." - Harry Truman

Lost Number
01-21-2006, 02:20 PM
Estuans Interus Ira Vehementi - One Winged Angel
Why - Story of my life

Hawkeye
01-21-2006, 02:25 PM
A device is yet to be invented to measure the indifference to this remark.

If you don't like it, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain.

Captain Maxx Power
01-21-2006, 04:33 PM
If you don't know what my favourite quote from EoFF is then you've never read my signature ever. By the way it's just below.

KentaRawr!
01-21-2006, 04:51 PM
If you don't know what my favourite quote from EoFF is then you've never read my signature ever. By the way it's just below.

Dude, it's just a picture. :mad: I can't understand your crazy moon thinking!

Alive-Cat
01-21-2006, 04:58 PM
It's Jesus, lol - Jesus

boris no no
01-21-2006, 05:07 PM
"Most people at your age have died, WHY ARN'T YOU DEAD?"
~ Freakazoid

"ARMS
NOODLES!"
~ Dib from Invader Zim

and many many morte that I just cannot be bothered to put :P

Rye
01-21-2006, 05:13 PM
My favourite quote is from the end of Big Fish.

"Have you ever heard a joke so many times you’ve forgotten why it’s funny? But then you hear it again and suddenly it’s new. You remember why you loved it in the first place.

That was my father’s final joke I guess. A man tells his stories so many times that he becomes the stories. They live on after him.

And in that way, he becomes immortal. "

~SapphireStar~
01-21-2006, 05:17 PM
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist ... And poof, he's gone.
My all time fav quote is from one of my all time fav movies The Usual Suspects and I couldnt think of anyone saying it better then Kevin Spacey :D

SoulTaker*
01-21-2006, 05:19 PM
"I am crack!"-Juelz Santana LOL
Jus kiddin, see below...

Old Manus
01-21-2006, 05:59 PM
I am your father

Odaisé Gaelach
01-21-2006, 06:27 PM
"I'm fine about it, as long as safety is put head and shoulders above any other concern, financial or whatever. If you keep safety as your number one priority at all stages of planning and running a plant, it should be OK."

--Alexander Yuvchenko (http://www.ecolo.org/documents/documents_in_english/cherno-alexander_yuvchenko.htm) on nuclear power.

Anyone who says that nuclear power is unsafe should listen to what this guy has to say about it.

Shoeberto
01-21-2006, 06:45 PM
Narrator: When people think you're dying, they really, really listen to you, instead of just...
Marla Singer: - instead of just waiting for their turn to speak?

Twisted Tinkerbell
01-21-2006, 07:36 PM
"I have some extremlely disstressing news, we're out of wine."

"I'm in a park and I'm practically dead, what good is the countryside?"

Both said by Withnail and from the film Withnail and I. I like the first quote because it reminds me of an old friend and the house parties we used to go to together. The second one because It made me laugh.

LunaticPandora37
01-21-2006, 09:16 PM
one of my favorite quotes is from donnie darko..

donnie:she said, she said that every living creature on this earth dies alone...

doctor therman:do you think you are alone?

donnie:I'd like to believe i'm not but i just don't have any proof so i don't debate it anymore...i could spend my whole life weighing the pros and cons but in the end i still wouldn't have any proof, so i just don't debate it anymore...it's obsurd...

doctor therman:the search for god is obsurd???

Donnie:it is if everyone dies alone...

something to think about...

Death Penalty
01-21-2006, 10:29 PM
Gun control is being able to hit your target

Drugs have taught an entire generation of American kids the metric system

'Tis better to be thought a fool, thin open your mouth and remove all doubt

A dirty book is rarely dusty

If I ever opened a trampoline store, I don't think I'd call it
Trampo-Land, because you might think it was a store for tramps,
which is not the impression we are trying to convey with our store.
On the other hand, we would not prohibit tramps from browsing, or
testing the trampolines, unless a tramp's gyrations seemed to be
getting out of control. - Jack Handey:lol:

Lost Number
01-21-2006, 11:09 PM
"If I was your wife, I would put poison in your coffee"
"If I was your husband my dear, Id drink it"

Winston Churchill to some Lady.

Chris
01-21-2006, 11:39 PM
Sometime when I feel afraid, I think of what a mess I've made Of my life, crying over my mistakes, forgetting all the breaks I've had In my life. I was put on earth to be, a part of this great world is me and my life. Guess I'll just add up the score, and count the things I'm grateful for in my life.

~ Shirley Bassey

-N-
01-22-2006, 12:53 AM
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on...Classic.

Mittopotahis
01-22-2006, 01:19 AM
"Ich bin Geburtstag. What's that mean? I am birthday."

Just a random quote my friend says.

Dolentrean
01-22-2006, 02:31 AM
"he who dies with the most toys win? ha ha ha, He who dies with the most toys... still dies"

"death solves all probloms... no man, no problom."

Lindy
01-22-2006, 03:04 AM
http://slowbeef.com/MG2/images8/fMSX0077.jpghttp://slowbeef.com/MG2/images8/fMSX0080.jpg

black orb
01-22-2006, 03:11 AM
>>> My all time favorite..
"Alcohol and night swimming.....its a winning combination!" - Lenny

Jebus
01-22-2006, 03:13 AM
Man's unfailing capacity to believe what he prefers to be true rather than what the evidence shows to be likely and possible has always astounded me. We long for a caring Universe which will save us from our childish mistakes, and in the face of mountains of evidence to the contrary we will pin all our hopes on the slimmest of doubts. God has not been proven not to exist, therefore he must exist. -Acadamecian Prokhor Zakharov

Alpha Centauri is great for quotes. :D

Rase
01-22-2006, 03:16 AM
From EoFF, well, the one in my sig. If you can't see it because you have sigs turned off, too bad.

Others include;

"The average person thinks he isn’t."- Father Larry Lorenzoni;

"Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian."- Dennis Wholey (1937-);

"If I were two-faced, would I be wearing this one?"- Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865);

"I don't mind coming to work -- I just don't want to stay when I get there." - I don't know who originally said it, but I say it a lot, so I credit me.

I like them because they all make sense and tend to be true.

Oh, also;
"If at first you don't succeed.... then bomb disposal probably isn't the job for you." - Unknown.

KentaRawr!
01-22-2006, 03:26 AM
"Life is like a bag of chips. You try to think your special by salting yourself, but that just makes them want to eat you more." - I made it up. u.u

"Helping others is the most satisfying form of greed." - Again, I made it up, but I heard the basic meaning from my brother.

Doomie
01-22-2006, 03:42 AM
"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea."

"Why do the caterpillar and the ant have to be enemies? One eats leaves, and the other eats caterpillars. Oh, I see now."

"Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an ant, and she fell on me. Then it wouldn't seem quite so funny."

"Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, 'Where have I gone wrong?' Then a voice says to me, 'This is going to take more than one night."

Dolentrean
01-22-2006, 04:01 AM
"Whats your problome dude!" to which I reply "...where should I start and how much time do we have?"

-N-
01-22-2006, 04:45 AM
On tradition:
''Those who do remember it will find new ways to screw it up.''
- Charles Wolfe

On weakness:
''There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on...''
- Barret Wallace, Final Fantasy VII

On free will:
''My life is a chip in your pile! Ante up!''
- Setzer Gabbiani, Final Fantasy VI

On objectivity:
''What is good, Phaedrus, and what is not good.. Need we anyone to tell us these things?''
- Robert Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

Rengori
01-22-2006, 05:11 AM
Probably something Black Mage said in 8-Bit Theater

Slade
01-22-2006, 05:24 AM
"Nobody dies in this movie, they just get really big booboos" - George of the Jungle.

Dolentrean
01-22-2006, 05:26 AM
Probably something Black Mage said in 8-Bit Theater

Cant make an omlet without... blowing up a forest!

NeoCracker
01-22-2006, 06:20 AM
"In my travels I've made an extrodinary discovery, from the beggining of time, man has looked out into the heavans and truly believed that the end of the Universe was out in space. But thats not true, for I have seen the end of the Universe, and it happens to be in the United States. And oddly enough, its in Houstan Texas. I know, I was Shocked To. Imagine My surprise when I left a comedy club one day and I walked to the end of the block, and there on one corner was a starbucks. And across the street from that starbucks, in the exact same building as that starbucks, was another Starbucks. I looked back and forth thinking the sun was playing tricks with my eyes. But there was a starbucks across from a starbucks. And that my friends, is the end of the Universe. People say how do you know? And i saw Go there! Stand between those two starbucks and look at your watch. Time Stands Still. And if you look this way, and look at only the one starbucks you Immidiatly think that when I turn around, there can't possibley be another starbucks behind me, no body can be that stupid. And if there was a just and loving god he wouldn't allow this kind of thing to happen. So then you turn around slowly thinkin you'll see a Denny's, or a Gap, or a mobile Station. And theres a Starbucks! People asked if there are too many starbucks, No we know.When you build a starbucks across from another starbucks, that it, game over.
-Lewis Black

fantasyjunkie
01-22-2006, 09:26 AM
"Oooooh Beeeeeny, your'e on the wrong side of the riiiiiver!" Brendan Frasier in the movie "The Mummy"
"We came, We saw, We conquered" Julius Ceaser

yuno
01-23-2006, 05:06 AM
nick lachey:...it (a dead rat) was all like,stiff and rigor-mortised.
jessica simpson:RIGOR-WHO?

the best jessica simpson quote ever.

"no,try not.do,or do not.there is no try."
-yoda,star wars episode v:the empire strikes back

my sig,too (of course).

Casey
01-23-2006, 06:55 AM
"Inhale the joy and suffering and then exhale."

"I will do today what others wont so tommorow I can have what others can't"

"The grass is always greener on the otherside..."

-N-
01-23-2006, 07:38 AM
Last night I dreamed I ate a ten-pound marshmallow, and when I woke up the pillow was gone.

Cruise Control
01-23-2006, 10:43 AM
First they came for the Jews,
and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for the Communists,
and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for me,
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Pastor Martin Niemöller

Tai-Ti
01-23-2006, 11:17 AM
- Sometimes, you just aren't meant to get things
- I'm a girl, just not a very good one
- I long for the day where chickens can cross the road without their motives beings questioned
- roses are red, violets are blue, this doesnt ryme, sorry about that.
- this is me in a nutshell, help me, I'm in a nutshell!
- before you critisize a person, walk a mile in their shoes, that way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away, and you have their shoes.
- To make a mistake is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer.
- The Internet is proof that a million monkeys with a million typewriters can't write Hamlet.
- life is a bucket of woodshaving, unless the bucket is a pale, then it's a pale of wood savings.
- no matter how good you are at something, there is always about a million people better than you.
- i help in the kitchen, i eat!
- i hate to argue the navigation sysytem lady, she gets so cross
- everything in this room is edible, even me, but that my friends is called canibalisim
- 'i bet i know what you're thinking' *her but looks like two pringles hugging* 'no you don't' *my butt looks like two pringles hugging in these pants*
- if you stand on your head, and squint at it, it looks like it says gulable
- whats the difference between pencil? Orange, because motobike dont HAVE doors!
- i was told to trust nothing with a smaller brain than me, and you wonder why i don't tell you these things.

These were the first quotes to come to mind ^_^

Project G
01-23-2006, 11:19 AM
The one is Tai-Tis sig

there's no I in team, but there is in pie, as in meat pie, and meat is an anogram of team

Boosk
01-24-2006, 09:09 AM
"The best part of the film was the hats...I like hats..."- My friend Richard on disscussing the new Harry Potter movie.

"I don't pay you to contradict me!"
"You don't pay me at all....."-Invader Zim talking to his computer.

"You're head is as empty as a uniks underpants"-Blackadder.

There are more but it's the morning and I'm too sleepy.

Kagga:love:

YTDN
01-24-2006, 03:53 PM
These are my favourite quotes. The first two are depressing.

"Eat healthily, exercise regularly, die anyway"- Unknown

"Why do you build, knowing destruction is inevitable? Why do you yearn life, knowing all things must die?"- Kefka, FFVI

And my favourite

"You think a measly thing like the end of the world was going to do me in?"- Sabin, FFVI

Lost Number
01-24-2006, 04:35 PM
"How do we do it? Volume!"
"What are you supposed to be doin while reading this?"

Yuna-Lenne
01-24-2006, 06:53 PM
Final Fantasy X
Yuna: Stay with me until the end
Tidus: Not until the end. Always!
Yuna: Always then

Yuna: If we should get separated, just whistle. Ill come running, I promise

Simpsons