PDA

View Full Version : HELP HELP HELP

sam_justice
01-21-2006, 10:32 AM
Okay, firstly, who plays on the Caitsith server ?

Secondly, I have just started this game and I have no clue what to do, how do you get a job ? How do you get weapons (well buying them I'm guessing) but anyway could someone give me a basic rundown of what to do basicaly ?

Levian
01-21-2006, 11:21 AM
To change jobs, you have to go to the moogle house. If you tell me what city you are in, I can tell you where the moogle house is.

To buy a weapon, you need gil. You get gil from doing quests, but mainly from selling items. Sell stuff you get from enemies. Be sure to get "Signet" from the guard next to the exit in your town. Just talk to him. This will make enemies drop crystals, which sell for a high price.

sam_justice
01-21-2006, 11:25 AM
Do you get money from jobs? And im in Bastoke (I think its called that)

Levian
01-21-2006, 11:31 AM
No, it's not that kind of job. It's more like a type of fighter. You can choose between White Mage, Black Mage, Thief and so on. This will decide your actions in battle. It's probably easiest to be a Warrior in the beginning, though. Since he's the strongest.

Ok, the moogle house in Bastok is nearby the Auction House. There's one Auction House in the "Bastok Mines" part of town, and there's also a moogle house nearby the other auction house in the middle of Bastok. If you don't find it, just ask someone nearby, I'm sure they'll help.

(you can also sell stuff at the auction house btw.)

sam_justice
01-21-2006, 11:58 AM
What server are you on?
I am currently a black mage

Levian
01-21-2006, 12:04 PM
I haven't played FFXI since 2004. They shut my account down. :(

Black Mage is also a good way to go, but you'll probably need a lot of money for buying spells. You can buy cheap spells in a house nearby the moogle house in the center of the town. Not the one by the mines. They're actually cheaper than the auction house. The house is nearby the exit to Port Bastok.

sam_justice
01-21-2006, 12:27 PM
Its a good game, I'd rather get it for xbox 360 though. It seems a bit to confusing on PC with all the controls and it might be a bit scaled down for 360

Vaprice
01-21-2006, 07:01 PM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=58856

http://mysterytour.web.infoseek.co.jp/ffxi/us/

sites for basic and advanced information.

And when selling crystals at the AH sell them in stacks (12)

if you need any more tips such as how to set up a macro or whatever ask away.