PDA

View Full Version : "Eyes on Final Fantasy Forums - The Largest Open FF Community on the Net"

KentaRawr!
01-21-2006, 06:47 PM
Not sure if this is true or not, but what a long way EoFF has come. Can you imagine we used to be an EZboard?

A topic with the same title as this was made in 2004. Back when Linus and Loony BoB insulted Raistlin. Back when there were 3 active members, each with a different mage in their name. (Red Wizard, Black Mage, and White Mage Nico. Now there's only Black Mage, and I used to be White Mage Nico. I changed my user name because I stupidly didn't notice the "Forgot your password?" thing.) Back when Kishi stated how he wished they called that guy Rico instead of Richard/Gareth. Back when no one helped The Captain beat Saga Frontier. (Points and laughs) Back when people like Jarvio left Psy all alone in those IRC Chat Rooms.

Things have changed, but at the same time, things have stayed the same. We still have the occasional Weird News Report from some random member, such as when Ed announced that people in Hawaii wanted animals to go out with people. Lindy has been the same since 2004 to now. :p He rocked more before, though. The Mods were still uber effective. Leeza could still greet like a butterfly, and snip like bee. Eyes on YOU was still interrogating people.

So, what do you think of the past of EoFF? How about the present? And what is to come in the future? Let us discuss our good pasts, our good present, and whatever the future may bring!

Side topic: Where will EoFF be in 10 years?

Zell's Fists of Fury
01-21-2006, 06:49 PM
Lindy is a guy?

Levian
01-21-2006, 06:49 PM
In 10 years I will ban Loony BoB for heresy.

KentaRawr!
01-21-2006, 06:50 PM
Lindy is a guy?

If Lindy is a girl, I certainly am extremely shocked. o_O

Lindy
01-21-2006, 06:53 PM
I was better in 2003 how now?

KentaRawr!
01-21-2006, 06:55 PM
I was better in 2003 how now?

I don't know what that means, but I only said you rocked more back then. Not "better", it's just that you rocked more. :p

Lindy
01-21-2006, 06:57 PM
I rocked more in 2003 how now?

KentaRawr!
01-21-2006, 06:58 PM
I rocked more in 2003 how now?

You combined insults with jokes better back then. :Oo: (Is shot)

Lindy
01-21-2006, 06:59 PM
I swear I was still relatively nice to people back in 2003.

And helpful.

...And I posted in the FF forums >_>

After I'd left the super-suck 2002 time where I enjoyed ellipsis'ing everything because it was "cool", but then again I was 15 back then.

KentaRawr!
01-21-2006, 07:08 PM
I swear I was still relatively nice to people back in 2003.

And helpful.

...And I posted in the FF forums >_>

After I'd left the super-suck 2002 time where I enjoyed ellipsis'ing everything because it was "cool", but then again I was 15 back then.

Well I am talking about 2004. :p So hah!

Lindy
01-21-2006, 07:11 PM
EoFF is still full of people who are just utter failures at life.

I'm still trying to question how I "rocked more" in 2003.

KentaRawr!
01-21-2006, 07:13 PM
EoFF is still full of people who are just utter failures at life.

And in 8 years, EoFF will only have 2 posts saying "Raistlin sucks". They will be made by the un-banned Linus, and the never banned Loony BoB. :p

DK
01-21-2006, 07:14 PM
I have no idea what the hell you are going on about. But Raisin sucks, that's for sure.

Yamaneko
01-21-2006, 07:21 PM
*obligatory EoFF before ruled, EoFF now sucks, and if I'm still here in ten years please kill me post*

KentaRawr!
01-21-2006, 07:25 PM
I'm still trying to question how I "rocked more" in 2003.

I couldn't find any 2003 posts, so I don't know how you rocked more then. :Oo:

And Kyono, might we have a third destined? :D

Madonna
01-21-2006, 08:02 PM
I can imagine that EoFF was an ezBoard.

In ten years, I think most of us will have moved onto other, not necessarily better, things. And with all of us geezers gone, EoFF will have to become Neo-FF to survive the changing times. :|

XxSephirothxX
01-21-2006, 08:09 PM
I wish I'd been around back then. Hopefully there are days to rival the past in our future.

Xaven
01-21-2006, 08:15 PM
In ten years, EoFF will be no more. =3

Madonna
01-21-2006, 08:21 PM
The only thing good about the early EoFF days is that all these responsible, mature members you see kicking around? Yeah, all of 'em were a bunch of kids growing up.

Yamaneko
01-21-2006, 08:22 PM
Except Unne and RSL. They were already like in their thirties back then.

Bowser
01-21-2006, 08:31 PM
In 10 years, the only FF's EoFF will cover are FFVII-XXI, and every active member will have FF in their name. Or maybe BoB will change his name to FFVIIfansephiroth39520.

-N-
01-21-2006, 08:46 PM
The past is only glorified because it's not the present. It wasn't that exceptional.

Cz
01-21-2006, 08:51 PM
EoFF rocked a year ago, certainly more than it does now. This isn't nostalgia, this is irrefutable fact, and anyone who disagrees is a stupid n00b. :cool:

That's not to say that things were always better, of course. 2002 and 2003 weren't that great, from what I recall.

Psychotic
01-21-2006, 08:59 PM
Oh you could've picked a better moment from my #eoff past, like when Lindy insulted me and I thought he was Kishi. That began a long and bitter blood feud between me, Striff and Lindy, which eventually culminated in a fist fight on top of the Moon. (Lindy killed Striff, which is why you never see him anymore, and I killed Lindy, who was forced to change his name from RyuKishi because of it)

100% true story.

Samuraid
01-21-2006, 09:04 PM
Personally, I like the present much more than the past. Back in 2001-2002, fun things did happen, but not like they seem to be today.

In 10 years...who knows how things will be?

boris no no
01-21-2006, 09:31 PM
pfffft. all you oldies :P
Last year was awesome because I was still a newbie (In the light of things I think I still am) and I could be weird and people would be like O_o and I could exclaim things to the max!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I did this too much *cries*)
Although I'm still pretty sure you all think I'm a guy :(

Alive-Cat
01-21-2006, 10:17 PM
In ten years I think EOFF will be home to the most notorious mountain cat hunter in the WORLD. And I will befriend him, for in 10 years I shall still be here! MWA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loony BoB
01-21-2006, 10:19 PM
Although I miss certain things about the old days, I know that those things are simply impossible to recapture because they require me to be new to everyone here. I can't think of anything I'd change about my time here, and although I may not be new anymore, I love this place far more than I did then and I enjoy myself just as much as I did back then, so it's more of just a "give a little, get a little" scenario.

Shoden
01-21-2006, 10:27 PM
Back then I was still learning the internet and still sane.

EOFF will be the same but more spammier with more unbanned oldbies, PiP and Linus will be back, Meat Puppet and Old Manus as Cid Knights and Psy an admin.

KentaRawr!
01-21-2006, 10:30 PM
Although I miss certain things about the old days, I know that those things are simply impossible to recapture because they require me to be new to everyone here. I can't think of anything I'd change about my time here, and although I may not be new anymore, I love this place far more than I did then and I enjoy myself just as much as I did back then, so it's more of just a "give a little, get a little" scenario.

Loony BoB, in 10 years, will you un-ban Linus and re-join forces to say "Raistlin sucks"? Linus said that in 10 years (He said this 2 years ago, mind you.) he would be here, and he would insult raistlin with you. Darth Holmes confirmed that you two would be the only ones there, and you would just be saying "Raistlin sucks". :mog:

Raistlin
01-21-2006, 11:00 PM
Silly newbies acting like a year or two ago was a long time.

In 10 years, EoFF will be the only large FF-related website. FFWA, FFO, and all those other ones - all dead and gone. EoFF will have 100,000 members and two bajillion posts and use 10000 terabytes of bandwidth monthly.

Renmiri
01-21-2006, 11:23 PM
Wow, that Raistlin guy must have been very bad! Two years later and people still hate him ?

As a noob I can say that EoFF is the place were I find the better, most in depth discussions about Final Fantasy.

You guys have a great forum here!

Chris
01-21-2006, 11:29 PM
I'm sure there's a lot more Grace Jones fans since I joined this place. THERE BETTER BE, PUTA. :mad2:

Loony BoB
01-21-2006, 11:29 PM
Loony BoB, in 10 years, will you un-ban Linus and re-join forces to say "Raistlin sucks"? Linus said that in 10 years (He said this 2 years ago, mind you.) he would be here, and he would insult raistlin with you. Darth Holmes confirmed that you two would be the only ones there, and you would just be saying "Raistlin sucks". :mog:
I would expect that to happen sooner than in 10 years, to be honest, but I'm always more than happy to let people know that Raist sucks.

Levian
01-21-2006, 11:40 PM
I would expect that to happen sooner than in 10 years, to be honest, but I'm always more than happy to let people know that Raist sucks.

Raistlin joined eoff before you were even born.

Renmiri
01-22-2006, 12:12 AM

In 10 years, EoFF will be the only large FF-related website. FFWA, FFO, and all those other ones - all dead and gone. EoFF will have 100,000 members and two bajillion posts and use 10000 terabytes of bandwidth monthly.
Ooops!
:aimblush:

Hopefully I'm still around in 10 years to see that!

Giga Guess
01-22-2006, 12:42 AM
Except Unne and RSL. They were already like in their thirties back then.

True evil has no age, foo'.

Shoeberto
01-22-2006, 12:52 AM
I didn't want to say anything, but yeah, it's true xD

KentaRawr!
01-22-2006, 12:57 AM
Ooops!
:aimblush:

Hopefully I'm still around in 10 years to see that!

Trust me, you won't. :)

I bet in 10 years, Message Boards will be virtual towns where you create a character, design the exterior and interior of a house, and then decide where it goes. Just choose a free spot in a town, and there you go. New house.Here is EoFF town: In the middle of town is the IRC Reality Chat Room, where the topic varies. To the east of it is the General Room. To the West is the General Gaming Room. To the North is numbered FF game room. To the south is the side FF game room. Once inside one of the rooms, (Besides the IRCR Chat Room) you have the choice to speak with people regularly, or you can use one of the local computers to use the classic MB way. In the IRCR chat room, it's the same, except instead of the classic MB way, you have the classic IRC Chat way. Around the IRC Building and all the MB buildings, the entire city is circular. The South and North quarters are Residential Area's. The East and West are shop area's. (Inn's if you are visiting town, food shops if your PC is compatible with virtual taste, Generic RPG Item shops, etc.)

Outside town is a large world, and each town is another message board associated with EZVR. (EZ Virtual Reality) Certain towns have certain special titles. When you create the board, you choose the special title. The title decides what kind of town it is. After you gain a certain amount of points, you can get an addition to the title. EoFF was at first a village, but then they became a city. After that, they got Airships! So it became the City of Airships! woot! These Airships can go to other places with Airships. Port towns ships can go to other port towns, Train Stations Trains can go to other train stations, etc. You get money by taking jobs from weird NPC's, and you can spend this money on Weapons, Armor, etc. Why you need them? Monsters roam the world outside towns! ZOMG! And also, the creator of the board gets to decide what monsters are outside the towns. :D You can rent vehicles to get across the world, or you can get one of the other types of vehicles. (Airships, Boats, you know.) Or if you're lame you can walk and get ambushed by monsters.

So basically, in 10 years, EoFF will be an MMORPG.

Renmiri
01-22-2006, 01:26 AM

I bet in 10 years, Message Boards will be virtual towns where you create a character, design the exterior and interior of a house, and then decide where it goes. Just choose a free spot in a town, and there you go. New house.Here is EoFF town: In the middle of town is the IRC Reality Chat Room, where the topic varies. ..

:D I saw a forum like that at the company I used to work. We did a lot of research and VR in 3D for Web site forums was one of them. It will probably never see the light of day though. The top brass was too conservative! I don't even know why they had us crazy geeks.. They ended up doing massive layoffs :cry:

Here it is a bit about the SW we used. VR creator rocked! But CA bought Platinum and discontinued it...
http://www.vrmlsite.com/sep97/a.cgi/worldinfo.html

If anyone wants to play with VRML, this allows you to create words in 3D. I never used it , I used VR Creator

http://www.karmanaut.com/cosmo/player/#other

KentaRawr!
01-22-2006, 01:41 AM
:D I saw a forum like that at the company I used to work. We did a lot of research and VR in 3D for Web site forums was one of them. It will probably never see the light of day though. The top brass was too conservative! I don't even know why they had us crazy geeks.. They ended up doing massive layoffs :cry:

Here it is a bit about the SW we used. VR creator rocked! But CA bought Platinum and discontinued it...
http://www.vrmlsite.com/sep97/a.cgi/worldinfo.html

It's simple what you need to do. Buy CA and RE-continue it! :D

Del Murder
01-22-2006, 01:49 AM
I enjoyed it more in the old days, but that was because I was more active and in the right demographic back then. I'll probably never go back to that level of activity, but this board is still takes a good chunk of my internet time and I am happy to be a part of the team who keeps it running smoothly. In 10 years I probably won't be active much at all, but I'll still be visiting. I'm not the type of person who walks away from things so easily.

Raistlin
01-22-2006, 02:11 AM
BoB just says that to hide how much he relies on me for the random EoFF info he needs on a fairly regular basis. For what, I have no idea. Probably blackmail.

KentaRawr!
01-22-2006, 03:14 AM
BoB just says that to hide how much he relies on me for the random EoFF info he needs on a fairly regular basis. For what, I have no idea. Probably blackmail.

Raistlin, the cigarret fire is going right off the cigarret. Remove the top block.

Just another reason why RAISTLIN SUCKS! Not really. In fact, he's a pretty cool guy. At least I think so.

Edit: Actually, just move the top block one square to the left.

black orb
01-22-2006, 03:23 AM
Back then I was still learning the internet and still sane.

Madonna
01-22-2006, 03:33 AM
And mess with the sacred pimp smilie? Pfft.

Yamaneko
01-22-2006, 03:49 AM
In 10 years I probably won't be active much at all, but I'll still be visiting. I'm not the type of person who walks away from things so easily.
I'm taking you down with me.

KentaRawr!
01-22-2006, 03:56 AM
I'm taking you down with me.

If VR has PvP yet is unconfirmed. Hold yer horses. :mad:

My joke sucked.

escobert
01-22-2006, 04:09 AM
I will rule all of EoFF. in the past future and present!

The Man
01-22-2006, 05:22 AM
Whenever anything goes wrong here I just blame Raistlin. It's easier that way.

Christmas
01-22-2006, 06:04 AM
I will rule all of EoFF. in the past future and present!

TIME COMPRESSION?

escobert
01-22-2006, 06:12 AM
TIME COMPRESSION?
Yes, and my awsomeness of course.

Loony BoB
01-22-2006, 08:26 AM

I bet in 10 years, Message Boards will be virtual towns where you create a character, design the exterior and interior of a house, and then decide where it goes. Just choose a free spot in a town, and there you go. New house.Here is EoFF town: In the middle of town is the IRC Reality Chat Room, where the topic varies. To the east of it is the General Room. To the West is the General Gaming Room. To the North is numbered FF game room. To the south is the side FF game room. Once inside one of the rooms, (Besides the IRCR Chat Room) you have the choice to speak with people regularly, or you can use one of the local computers to use the classic MB way. In the IRCR chat room, it's the same, except instead of the classic MB way, you have the classic IRC Chat way. Around the IRC Building and all the MB buildings, the entire city is circular. The South and North quarters are Residential Area's. The East and West are shop area's. (Inn's if you are visiting town, food shops if your PC is compatible with virtual taste, Generic RPG Item shops, etc.)

Outside town is a large world, and each town is another message board associated with EZVR. (EZ Virtual Reality) Certain towns have certain special titles. When you create the board, you choose the special title. The title decides what kind of town it is. After you gain a certain amount of points, you can get an addition to the title. EoFF was at first a village, but then they became a city. After that, they got Airships! So it became the City of Airships! woot! These Airships can go to other places with Airships. Port towns ships can go to other port towns, Train Stations Trains can go to other train stations, etc. You get money by taking jobs from weird NPC's, and you can spend this money on Weapons, Armor, etc. Why you need them? Monsters roam the world outside towns! ZOMG! And also, the creator of the board gets to decide what monsters are outside the towns. :D You can rent vehicles to get across the world, or you can get one of the other types of vehicles. (Airships, Boats, you know.) Or if you're lame you can walk and get ambushed by monsters.

Just like when the radio was created, the newspaper was made redundant, and when the TV was created, the radio was made redundant, and when the internet was created, the TV was made redundant. ;)

Ultima_Weapon
01-22-2006, 09:03 AM
As long as theirs final fantasy games than EOFF will live....

Levian
01-22-2006, 10:19 AM
Actually, I think Final Fantasy might be the end of EoFF. Squeenix releases lots of Crap Fantasies, and the fans go all like "well screw that, I'll rather play Resident Evil 25 - Back to the mansion", then we'll change the name to Eyes on Raistlin, and talk about how good the old days were and complain about all the newbies and tell them that we joined eoff way before their mother's birth.

edit: damn. I think this is the longest post I've ever written.

escobert
01-22-2006, 10:37 AM
Actually, I think Final Fantasy might be the end of EoFF. Squeenix releases lots of Crap Fantasies, and the fans go all like "well screw that, I'll rather play Resident Evil 25 - Back to the mansion", then we'll change the name to Eyes on Raistlin, and talk about how good the old days were and complain about all the newbies and tell them that we joined eoff way before their mother's birth.

edit: damn. I think this is the longest post I've ever written.
haha I agree. About the longest poast bit. Because everyone knows, My mom joined LONG before Raist even knew what typing was!

starseeker
01-22-2006, 05:35 PM

But then eoff would have been created before the internet was invented.

Levian
01-22-2006, 05:45 PM
Details.

Renmiri
01-22-2006, 06:01 PM
Well, my oldest is 7 now so in 10 years she will be able to say "My mom is an old timer in EoFF" :D

faster skating penguin
01-23-2006, 02:19 AM
OH MAN THINGS WERE SO MUCH BETTER BACK IN APRIL 2005 I TELL YA

Giga Guess
01-23-2006, 02:27 AM
OH MAN THINGS WERE SO MUCH BETTER BACK IN APRIL 2005 I TELL YA

-_-

n00bs.