PDA

View Full Version : Training Spots...

a nirvana fan
01-21-2006, 08:24 PM
OK I'm at the last dungeon, I'm free to go wherever I like on the world map, so what are the best places to train?

RaidenWeb17
01-21-2006, 10:00 PM
The Grand Dragons near Daguerreo are easy to kill with Quina's Lv5 Death, but if you are up for a challenge go to Vile Island (island near the center of the map) and fight the Yans.

TheSpoonyBard
01-21-2006, 10:03 PM
If you're looking specifically for AP and don't care about EXP, the Crystal World is my favourite location.

HowlingMonkey
01-22-2006, 11:46 AM
Training? What is this training of which you speak?

The only time in the entire game I spent time levelling up was an hour or so with Zidane, Vivi and Freya before entering Gizamaluke's Grotto.

a nirvana fan
01-22-2006, 12:07 PM
The Grand Dragons near Daguerreo are easy to kill with Quina's Lv5 Death, but if you are up for a challenge go to Vile Island (island near the center of the map) and fight the Yans.

Thanks a lot, this has helped me:D

RaidenWeb17
01-22-2006, 02:06 PM
Thanks a lot, this has helped me:D
no problem

Dreddz
01-22-2006, 08:41 PM
Yan on Vile island are where I went at your stage....

nik0tine
01-22-2006, 09:23 PM
Yans.

boys from the dwarf
01-23-2006, 07:49 AM
how hard are yans to defeat becuase i heard that their stronger than some bosses. how much damage do they do and what attacks do they have.

RaidenWeb17
01-23-2006, 12:17 PM
they have comet and float and virus and snort. and they counter attack often. one isnt too hard to take down, but if you get three yans you will be dead

TheSpoonyBard
01-23-2006, 12:22 PM
Float and Snort are used to counterattack any action used against them, even if the action misses. Float is harmless, but Snort will remove that character from the battle.

Comet, Aera and Virus Powder are the other attacks Yans use. Comet will either Miss, deal very little damage, or will kill you outright (8,000+ damage). Virus Powder will deal less damage (about 2,000) and inflicts the Virus status. They tend to use this move just before they die so you have no chance of curing the status before the battle ends (unless Eiko has Guardian Mog). Aera is used very rarely, and does what you'd expect.

a nirvana fan
01-23-2006, 05:12 PM
Yan on Vile island are where I went at your stage....

OK thanks, where abouts on the world map is that?

boys from the dwarf
01-23-2006, 06:43 PM
they have comet and float and virus and snort. and they counter attack often. one isnt too hard to take down, but if you get three yans you will be dead
even at level 60 with flare , meteor , curaga and attacks that can usually do about 8,000 damage. how much damage do the yans do anyway and is it directed at the entire party?

Rhi
01-23-2006, 07:31 PM
the Vile Island is at the South-West of the Outer Continent. it's quite near the centre. You need a gold chocobo to get there and there's a mountain in the middle of the island

Dreddz
01-23-2006, 09:06 PM
You can get to Vile island with the Invincible as well, You cant with the Hilda Garde 3 mind.

KoShiatar
01-23-2006, 10:18 PM
I think Memoria is the best place to train aside from Yams Island. I's nowhere nearly as hard and you can get good results. You don't need to level up too much to beat the game, maybe just level up skills if you want to be sure you have no troubles.

RaidenWeb17
01-23-2006, 11:29 PM
even at level 60 with flare , meteor , curaga and attacks that can usually do about 8,000 damage. how much damage do the yans do anyway and is it directed at the entire party?
I dont think the yans have any attack that hits the whole party, but they are very fast and counter attack everything even summons and they will all counter attack. So by that I mean that if you summon anything against three yans all three will counter before you go again

chronic_Maniac
01-24-2006, 04:56 AM
Cheers mate listen,
If you are wanting to level up fast you can go to the place (memoria) you fight behmoth and have all but 1 or 2 people alive. I suggest having one real strong and one you wanna level up. At the end of the fight you will get a lot more exp then usally. thats what I did.
You can also try the yins lol but I'm on level 99 and they still give me troubles. >crys<

a nirvana fan
01-24-2006, 06:30 PM
the Vile Island is at the South-West of the Outer Continent. it's quite near the centre. You need a gold chocobo to get there and there's a mountain in the middle of the island

Ok thanks a lot.:D

yuno
01-24-2006, 06:44 PM
why let yourself suffer from the attacks of the yans when you can make them sleep?this is what i do.i set the battle mode into WAIT.i equip insomniac on all members,and let quina cast night.yans go to sleep.ultima weapon is equipped,so in case a yan doesnt go to sleep,zidane uses soul blade on it.dagger casts atomos with 99 amethysts and boost equipped,and while the animation is playing,a certain menu of a certain character is opened (usually quina's blue magic).and when dagger's turn comes again,she recasts atomos.yans are pwned without even taking any turns.30000+ exp on all chars/120000+ exp on one char.fast leveling.everyone on level 99.

Quindiana Jones
02-01-2006, 06:32 PM
I think Memoria is the best place to train aside from Yams Island. I's nowhere nearly as hard and you can get good results. You don't need to level up too much to beat the game, maybe just level up skills if you want to be sure you have no troubles.

Mmmmmm...Yams....

Rhi
02-02-2006, 05:02 PM
lol. it's Vile Island anyways, not Yan/Yam Island

oh, and the friendly Yans give you 50 ap (100 with ability up) but you have to have given all the other friendly creatures what they want

Quindiana Jones
02-02-2006, 05:08 PM
I cried aloud with mirth and merriment. it's Vile Island anyways, not Yan/Yam Island

Mmmmm...Yams.....