PDA

View Full Version : Can't find FF11:tVC in Canada!

Bomber
01-22-2006, 03:45 AM
I was just wondering if any of my fellow Canucks know if Final Fantasy XI: The Vana'diel Collection is available on this side of the border. I can't seem to find it in any stores in my area or on any Canadian websites. Help me out here!

DMKA
01-22-2006, 03:28 PM
Video games aren't released in "The U.S.A", they're released in "North America". All the games we get you Canadians get too, unless they're banned for some reason.

bunnyhop
01-27-2006, 06:46 PM
Just because a game is distributed in both US and Canada doesn't mean availablility is equal. I also have had serious problems looking for this game in Canada, I checked out 20 stores in the past week looking for the game and nobody has it...it's all on order with no idea when new shipments will arrive. This even includes places like EB that are listed as one of FFXI's main distributors.

As for a Canadian website selling it, I finally managed to locate it on amazon.ca

http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000B6N6VS/qid%3D1138387086/701-0236209-3349959

I couldn't find any other canadian store selling it and the fees involved getting shipped from US are crazy if they wind up using a courier like UPS (basically we get charged tariffs on games at 15% which is our normal tax rate, but UPS charges a $35 fee for collecting those tariffs...so buying a $40 USD games costs us an extra $41 ($6 tax + $35 collection) on top of any other shipping fees. Of course that's if it's UPS. Anyway /rant off

Amazon has availablility listed as 1-2 weeks before shipping....I ordered yesterday and am hoping it gets shipped sometime early next week.

Lionx
01-27-2006, 10:15 PM
Playonline has links itself to online distributors so shop around, they are NOT the same even on those links.

Bomber
02-04-2006, 06:15 PM
I checked with several stores in Calgary. Future Shop and Best Buy don't have it, and EB Games says that it's been discontinued...

I guess if I really want it, I'm gonna have to order it online...

Roogle
02-05-2006, 06:29 PM
Yeah, just order it online.