PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Dark or Goldeneye?

Heath
01-22-2006, 12:19 PM
Two of the best games the N64 ever had, and definitely two of my favourite games on any console.

I liked various features of Perfect Dark, like the secondary functions of weapons and the Counter-Operative mode. It also seemed like a much smoother game than Goldeneye. On the other hand, Goldeneye itself was awesome and the multiplayer mode in particular was extremely fun.

I find it quite hard to pick one over the other, but I suppose I tend to go with Goldeneye as I played it more, however if I manage to get my mits on an N64 with both games, I'll be sure to compare them more than I did last time I had the console.

Markus. D
01-22-2006, 12:52 PM
Perfect Dark... twas my second faveorite Nintendo 64 game :)

escobert
01-22-2006, 01:07 PM
Since, I've played Perfect Dark like 2 times I pick Golden Eye.

Levian
01-22-2006, 01:28 PM
GOLDENEYE. Gotta love killing that stupid russian girl in the face.

escobert
01-22-2006, 01:34 PM
haha
doing anything to a russian girls face is fun :D

Slothy
01-22-2006, 01:43 PM
Perfect Dark. It did everything Goldeneye did but better. I loved all the options for multiplayer (and am frequently shocked that a lot FPS games have taken a few steps back in the multiplayer modes since then), I loved the weapons, story, voice acting, and coop was a lot of fun. It also so happened that at an age where my sister wanted nothing to do with her older brother, we would still do some bonding over a few games of Perfect Dark every now and then.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
01-22-2006, 02:53 PM
golden eye

Breine
01-22-2006, 03:13 PM
I've spent so many hours playing GoldenEye, and I still think it is a great game. Gotta love the multiplayer mode.

~SapphireStar~
01-22-2006, 04:07 PM
GoldenEye for me cause me and my brother playing it together non stop and I could never find a copy of Perfect Dark. But my boyfriend recently found a copy of it at work and I personally still prefer GoldenEye. Bond rules :D

Agent Proto
01-22-2006, 04:30 PM
GoldenEye for the win.

Epiphany
01-22-2006, 04:45 PM
Goldeneye. Golden Gun multiplayer mode always makes for laughs.

Nick Schovitz
01-22-2006, 05:12 PM
I pickPerfect Dark, I've only played Golden Eye at a friend's house and I love shooting Elvis in the head on Perfect Dark, but for some reason I could never beat the game because of same alin queen that never took damage, I mean it says cut off her head, I try but sghe still remains alive.

Heath
01-22-2006, 05:13 PM
Goldeneye. Golden Gun multiplayer mode always makes for laughs.

That was one of my favourite multiplayer modes. Nothing like Scaramanga (The Man with the Golden Gun :P) getting attacked by 3 players with KF7s at once in an attempt to reclaim the Golden Gun.

escobert
01-22-2006, 05:15 PM
My dad would never let me play with the golden gun. I would always get it and kill him so he would get all pissy cry xD

Shoeberto
01-22-2006, 07:02 PM
Perfect Dark you noobs.

Yamaneko
01-22-2006, 07:09 PM
Perfect Dark had the better single player game. Goldeneye was fun multiplayer, but y'know, laptop gun!

Psychotic
01-22-2006, 07:12 PM
GoldenEye for me. Enough's been said about the multiplayer, but I really enjoyed the singleplayer too. The last level, Cradle, is one of the best levels in a videogame ever, in my opinion. There's just something really...great, I guess...about hurtling around that structure at break neck speed after Trevelyan, with him taunting you. All the other enemies on the level are irrelevant, but blasting them out of the way with the twin ZMG 9mm (I think that's its name) was still great fun.

From the cradle to the grave, James, your grave.

Erdrick Holmes
01-22-2006, 08:01 PM
Halo

ljkkjlcm9
01-22-2006, 08:15 PM
multiplayer Perfect Dark was by far the best. I don't understand people that like Golden Eye better, it just seems their biased. Because Perfect Dark WAS golden eye, plus much much more. They knew people enjoyed golden eye multiplayer, and took that and improved so much on it.
AS for the person having trouble with the Perfect Dark final boss, there is a statue with spikes above the queen, shoot the small ones, they'll fall off, then shoot the big one and it'll fall off and kill the queen.

THE JACKEL

Dreddz
01-22-2006, 09:00 PM
Goldeneye is better, this is only my opinion, but if its my opinion its fact ;)

Kirobaito
01-22-2006, 09:11 PM
I've played Goldeneye a bit, but I never owned the game or anything. Perfect Dark was the absolute point of my life for about three years. Goldeneye is fun, but Perfect Dark is more fun. Playing hide-and-seek in the Facility/Felicity on either game is lots of fun. Three players hide and crouch down twice to display the black screen while the other player is out of the room. Then it's all about finding the people before they can get back to base (the room at the very end of the concrete hallway). If you're punched and your screen goes wonky, you're it!

-N-
01-22-2006, 09:45 PM
Goldeneye owns a special piece of my heart. :D

XxSephirothxX
01-22-2006, 09:49 PM
Goldeneye. Best videogame adaptation of a movie ever? Quite possibly. Still a fun game to this day.

Heath
01-22-2006, 09:53 PM
Halo

Blasphemy! Halo is quite obviously inferior to both of these games.

Cz
01-22-2006, 09:56 PM
As awesome as Goldeneye is, Perfect Dark did pretty much everything that little bit better. Obviously it's not as cool as playing as Bond and all, but Perfect Dark still just about edges it in my opinion. Plus, I was awesome at it. :D

Lindy
01-22-2006, 10:00 PM
Perfect Dark, because I was a godly freak, killing people with the Dragon's Secondary Fire.

"Oh look, a machine gun! I better gr- *boom*"

Rye
01-22-2006, 10:03 PM
GoldenEye for me. Enough's been said about the multiplayer, but I really enjoyed the singleplayer too. The last level, Cradle, is one of the best levels in a videogame ever, in my opinion. There's just something really...great, I guess...about hurtling around that structure at break neck speed after Trevelyan, with him taunting you. All the other enemies on the level are irrelevant, but blasting them out of the way with the twin ZMG 9mm (I think that's its name) was still great fun.

From the cradle to the grave, James, your grave.

Summed that up perfectly. There is something about the Cradle that is just brilliant. I can remember how it goes even now, every bit to it, and I haven't played GE in like, 7 years. :)

Shame the other JB games can't live up to even half of this game's reputation.

Erdrick Holmes
01-22-2006, 10:40 PM
Blasphemy! Halo is quite obviously inferior to both of these games.

I never played Perfect Dark but I liked Halo better than Goldeneye

In Halo you can jump and fall off cliff. An FPS made after the year 1996 that fails the concept of gravity just isn't for me. In Halo you can melee attack and throw grenades while still keeping a weapon equiped. Plus the weapons in Goldeneye are just stupid, it has a ton of weapons but most of them are rapid fire and most of them fire at the EXACT SAME SPEED.

I have a different opinion on console FPS games, big deal.

Lindy
01-22-2006, 10:56 PM
Wow, a game made in 1996 that doesn't have perfect physics, what a shock.

Rostum
01-23-2006, 12:40 AM
Goldeneye. ^^ Had more fun with it.

Erdrick Holmes
01-23-2006, 12:42 AM
Gee, jumping was pretty common in all most games by then. I mean even Mario could jump.

Markus. D
01-23-2006, 12:43 AM
Summed that up perfectly. There is something about the Cradle that is just brilliant. I can remember how it goes even now, every bit to it, and I haven't played GE in like, 7 years. :)

Shame the other JB games can't live up to even half of this game's reputation.

I always found cradle rushes an immersive gaming time.

Madame Adequate
01-23-2006, 01:34 AM
Gee, jumping was pretty common in all most games by then. I mean even Mario could jump.

Not jumping detracted nothing from the games. Indeed, having a jump feature would have just led to annoying bunny-hopping, which is FTL.

I go with Perfect Dark. Goldeneye is an absolute classic, an amazing game, and to this day remains completely playable. But for me, PD was so much more. I can remember the tunes I hummed in Chicago, the Pelagic II, and the Carrington Institute. I can remember most of the game pretty well, if not exactly. The weapons were brilliant (Oh yes please, I will have the Farsight XR-20, thanks!), the characters were great, and the levels were something else. Goldeneye is a hugely accomplished game, but (For me at least) Perfect Dark is something special.

You can't beat the feeling of infiltrating Datadyne HQ's secret labs. You also can't beat Elvis.

Rase
01-23-2006, 07:19 AM
I spent many a happy hour playing GoldenEye's multiplayer mode, so I'm going to go with that. :)

Heath
01-23-2006, 10:37 PM
Elvis was brilliant, and so was the Farsight, though I was always more partial to the Laptop Gun. You have to love that secondary function.

Shaun
01-24-2006, 12:48 PM
Perfect Dark. It was far superior. What it's turned into lately isn't a good thing... Then again, I could say the same for Goldeneye and Rogue Agent.

But Perfect Dark was definitely the best. No doubt about it. It just was!

Chibi Angel
01-24-2006, 01:14 PM
I've never played perfect dark but I adore Goldeneye. I've spent many a happy hour with my siblings, and the neighbor boys up in my brothers room having James Bond tournaments. Playing the flag tag option in multiplayer was hilarious.

Mythra
01-24-2006, 01:27 PM
I'll have to go with Perfect Dark. Although Goldeneye was a great game that I played numerous times, Perfect Dark just had a sweet mulitplayer that I played many,many times. btw, halo sucks

Heath
01-24-2006, 08:35 PM
Perfect Dark. It was far superior. What it's turned into lately isn't a good thing... Then again, I could say the same for Goldeneye and Rogue Agent.

Goldeneye: Rogue Agent wasn't made by Rare like the original, so I don't think you could compare them in the same way as Perfect Dark and Perfect Dark: Zero, really.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
01-25-2006, 12:05 AM
Goldeneye hands down :D

edczxcvbnm
01-25-2006, 12:09 AM
Perfect Dark. Those challenges and the BOTs made it that much better.

Maxico
01-25-2006, 09:55 AM
Silly people. You all misspelt TimeSplitters.

And jumping was intentionaly taken from the game. David Doak (who worked on GoldenEye, Timesplitters and worked breifly on Perfect Dark before leaving Rare) has said that he intentionaly removes jumping from his games because people abuse it.

I mean in Halo, due to the lack of balancing you see in these games, most battles degrade to two people; bouncing around in circles with their pistols.

Jowy
01-26-2006, 06:52 AM
While Perfect Dark is the superior game, I don't think anything can come close to the fun of Power Weapons in the Complex.

Devourment
01-26-2006, 10:54 AM
Perfect Dark. I'm so sick of people saying how great & wonderful a game Goldeneye was. I don't hate it, but I'vr just played on it soo much & it's just boring.

daniel kid
01-27-2006, 11:23 AM
id say golden eye cos i thinkits more enjoyable than perdect dark I HAVE BOTH :D and ive got other classic n64 games