PDA

View Full Version : Grand Theft Auto Final Fantasy

Nick Schovitz
01-23-2006, 12:52 AM
Hey I was thinking that what if FF made a game like GTA, it'll still be turned base, but you can steal vehicles in cities and fight random people on the streets, ewven get the cops on you, but if they arrest you or kill you, it'll be game over instead of going to hospital or a jail. Unique huh? I don't think that no one else has done this before, so Final Fantasy should.

Azure Chrysanthemum
01-23-2006, 01:15 AM
These two games are so wildly different it really wouldn't work without removing either the Grand Theft Auto or Final Fantasy part from it.

Really what it'd have to be is you playing a Thief character in a free-roaming environment. Keeping the turn-based system would just kill it.

Nick Schovitz
01-23-2006, 01:44 PM
No it won't there's just no startegy in free fight. But not a thief, when you have a large party, you can only steal a car that fits them all, and also you still can use magic and limit breaks and such. Fighting random people would only get you a small amount of exp.

childroland
01-27-2006, 12:03 AM
Turn base would ruin the theme of GTA and fat pace action would ruin FF

Nick Schovitz
02-01-2006, 01:54 AM
That is how they are combined to make one.

Awesomeman
02-01-2006, 06:12 AM
I saw this in a comic book! Sonic the hedgehog was playing Dungeons and Dragons with Hsu and Chan. But it wasn't D&D, it was an FF copy, and Sonic was like, "Wouldn't it be cool if they made a GTA like FF?" It was cool:cool:

Azure Chrysanthemum
02-01-2006, 06:55 AM
No, seriously, it would not work like that. Not to mention that stealing cars in a series that's been generally based around a medieval fantasy culture (although it has gotten progressively more advanced starting with VI, before capping at VIII and regressing), with characters who's major goal is to save the world is utterly asinine.

And turn-based does not equal strategy. There isn't a whole lot of strategy in most Final Fantasy games to begin with, the notable exception being Final Fantasy Tactics. An upgrade to real time would actually require MORE strategy, due to the greater need for quick and active thinking and control.

The GTA plotline, as it were, does not fit with Final Fantasy. Either way, one of the games would have to bend to the other, and either way fans wouldn't be too happy.

The best bet is to make a Final Fantasy with the free-form GTA style and without the car stealing element, which is stupid in a Final Fantasy setting.

Death Penalty
02-02-2006, 09:14 PM
T.J. from GTA San Andreas uses omnislash then restore.
After a day of random battlea against cops T.J. and his party relaxe wit
some bitches and hoes. Thats the life.:cool:

Markus. D
02-03-2006, 05:40 AM
I Shute firaga cap in yo a55.

oh wait, thats FF: Bullet Proof.

Nick Schovitz
02-04-2006, 06:37 PM
Come on now, you would need to steal cars in it for youre transport but this game isn't mission based it's based like a normal rpg, going through the story in a linear or non-linear mode. and most things that involve strategy are all turned based, such as chess.

Dreddz
02-04-2006, 06:40 PM
so Final Fantasy should.
No they shouldnt.....

a nirvana fan
02-04-2006, 07:01 PM
Well the two games are extremely different so I highly think it wouldn't work.....but it could do.

Azure Chrysanthemum
02-05-2006, 02:55 AM
Why would you HAVE to steal cars? Why would cars HAVE to exist? A good game is not contingent upon the ability to steal cars, free-form or not.

And you could always, you know, BUY a vehicle. It kind of fits more in with the "heros who save the world" shtick than just stealing it does.

DJZen
02-05-2006, 03:16 AM
GTA is a really stupid game. Why would you want to ruin FF with it?

Flake
02-05-2006, 03:42 AM
It just seems like the TS refuses to believe this is a bad idea.

Death Penalty
02-05-2006, 04:35 AM
Depends who you are. It would be kick ass casting ultima and gettin a 5 star wanted level.

Meat Puppet
02-05-2006, 05:38 AM
T.J. from GTA San Andreas

Who?

Death Penalty
02-05-2006, 06:49 AM
The main charachter foo.:cool:

Awesomeman
02-05-2006, 07:03 AM
Most of the people here, including me, thinks GTA as a stupid game.

Ciretho
02-05-2006, 07:04 AM
You wouldn't steal cars. You'd steal CHOCOBOS! That'd be awesome. also the possibility of carts and shoopuf. I want to hold up a moogle in a store with a crossbow.

NeoCracker
02-05-2006, 07:10 AM
I think it would be fun. Wouldn't pay full price for that game, but i could be quite entertaining. Imagine a moogle with a cigar and black mob suit bustin open a bank dore and blowing the crap out of poeple. Thats good entertainment. OR maby a Ride-by Shooting on a Chocobo.

The Devourer Of Worlds
02-05-2006, 07:24 AM
What's the point? It would just get banned like all the other GTA games...

DJZen
02-05-2006, 07:30 AM
Only one GTA game ever got banned.

The Devourer Of Worlds
02-05-2006, 07:49 AM
2 where I come from, although an edited version of Vice City was released. But yeah; that was a gross exaggeration.

Ciretho
02-05-2006, 08:01 AM
Too much Final fantasy hanky-panky would definately turn it "R"

Death Penalty
02-05-2006, 11:20 AM
Too much Final fantasy hanky-panky would definately turn it "R"
Nuff said:eep:

a nirvana fan
02-05-2006, 02:08 PM

No it's not.