PDA

View Full Version : help this is my first topic

Eiko Guy
01-23-2006, 01:29 AM
im on ff8 and i need to kill enough marlboros to get 6 tentacles only problem is as soon as i get in battle he uses bad breath:hot: and everyones sleep berserked darkness and poisin:crying: help NOW!!!!!

nik0tine
01-23-2006, 01:34 AM
Junction 100 Confuses, and 100 Berserks to your status defense and you'll be fine. Make sure that person has the treatment ability and then use it on every character, and voila. All status effects removed.

Azure Chrysanthemum
01-23-2006, 01:36 AM
FFVIII questions go in the FFVIII forum, not the Advent Children forum.

Eiko Guy
01-23-2006, 01:39 AM
it was an accident man im new here

Lychon
01-23-2006, 01:57 AM
Ok, first off, Marlboro's are one of the hardest, if not THE hardest random enemy encounter you'll meet on the world map. To defeat his "Bad Breath" attack, you need to appropriately junction magic so your defenses nullify the status changes caused by this attack. I'm not sure exactly what these were (the two most important ones to defened against are probably Berserk and Confuse), but during the course of the game you should have gained enough junctioning experience to know how to work the details of the system.

Also, if you're going through the game normally, I wouldn't recommend fighting Marlboro's until you're at least on disc 3, and even then you will have had to learn enough abilities with your GF's to even have the option of junctioning magic to the appropriate places so that "Bad Breath" doesn't leave you helpless.

Shin Gouken
01-23-2006, 01:58 AM
If you have x4status defense, junction 100 sleep and 100 slow too

TheSpoonyBard
01-23-2006, 03:13 PM
If you have ST-Defx4 then junction 100 Confuse, Berserk, Pain and Sleep. If you just have ST-Defx2 then Confuse and Berserk are the main ones.

An easy way to defeat Malboros is to have Quistis on critical health and the Initative ability. As soon as the battle begins use Degenerator (Black Hole. Refine a Gesper card). Pandemona, Tonberry and Cactuar learn Initiative.

a_dollar_20
01-23-2006, 04:04 PM
If you have ST-Defx4 then junction 100 Confuse, Berserk, Pain and Sleep. If you just have ST-Defx2 then Confuse and Berserk are the main ones.

An easy way to defeat Malboros is to have Quistis on critical health and the Initative ability. As soon as the battle begins use Degenerator (Black Hole. Refine a Gesper card). Pandemona, Tonberry and Cactuar learn Initiative.

Thats exactly right

starseeker
01-23-2006, 06:54 PM
One word: Odin
Get him from the centra ruins, wander around the island closest to heaven a bit and he'll randomly kill an enemy. after a while he killed a malboro and I got 8 malboro tentacles. It wasn't the first malboro he killed though.
Giving initiative to the person with the mug ability is another stategy; try to mug once and run before he can use bad breath. I personally prefer the Odin strategy

Jessweeee♪
01-23-2006, 10:52 PM
Look, here's what I did.
DON'T KILL THE MARLBORO! It's not worth the effort.

1. Junction 100 berserks to status defense. this is the MOST important. If you're entire party is berserked AND confused, there's no hope.
2. Junction confuse too if you can. if not just be sure you have berserk and wait until you are hit (if you make it that long)
3. heal if you want
4. MUG the marlboro for tentacles. You can get them by mugging, sometimes they don't even drop tentacles so its so much easier.

Lahna
01-24-2006, 11:53 AM
I usually kills them using Quistis' Detonator (learns from Black Hole). Just select to Quistis Initiative (Pandemona can mastered it) and put her HP to yellow. And now you are always the first one who attacts :D

TheSpoonyBard
01-24-2006, 12:00 PM
Do you not read the previous posts?

Christmas
01-24-2006, 12:19 PM
Junction Ribbon if you can get one.

Shin Gouken
01-24-2006, 01:30 PM
Junction Ribbon if you can get one.

You can't get one :(

Christmas
01-24-2006, 01:34 PM
Too bad I got one the ability.

EDIT: It is a rank A item in the chocobo world. You need a pocketstation or a PC version of the game that came with a pocketstation emulator to access it.

Shin Gouken
01-24-2006, 02:04 PM
Too bad I got one the ability.

EDIT: It is a rank A item in the chocobo world. You need a pocketstation or a PC version of the game that came with a pocketstation emulator to access it.

This i know :) or in my case i can use my Xploder cheat disc :)

Neco Arc
01-24-2006, 03:19 PM
two words: play cards

starseeker
01-24-2006, 05:37 PM
It still takes a lot of malboro cards to mod into tentacles. I found using Odin took less time,

yuno
01-24-2006, 05:47 PM
initiative was all i needed.everything else was cheese.

easier way:kill malboros while you (and the malboros,as well) are still at level 20 or so.those level of malboros never used bad breath against me.

Eiko Guy
01-30-2006, 01:31 AM
well where can i draw berserks and confuses frm im a real noob i only got this far cuz of GF's and selphie killed ultimecia with the end

TheSpoonyBard
01-30-2006, 01:45 AM
Both can be drawn from Lv30+ Grats. Fight them in the B-Garden training centre.

Eiko Guy
01-30-2006, 05:05 AM
im at disk 4 and i cant get in the garden

Bart's Friend Milhouse
01-30-2006, 06:12 PM
i don't think you can kill Ultimecia with the End

Keglineq
01-31-2006, 12:13 AM
Look, here's what I did.
DON'T KILL THE MARLBORO! It's not worth the effort.

1. Junction 100 berserks to status defense. this is the MOST important. If you're entire party is berserked AND confused, there's no hope.
2. Junction confuse too if you can. if not just be sure you have berserk and wait until you are hit (if you make it that long)
3. heal if you want
4. MUG the marlboro for tentacles. You can get them by mugging, sometimes they don't even drop tentacles so its so much easier.

totally seconded!

Moerae
01-31-2006, 03:37 AM
A combo of mugging, Odin and carding.

If Odin appears then well... let him slaughter it. If not... then while you're mugging the Marlboro, might as well weaken it and card it. It takes, what?, 4 Marlboro cards to refine to a Marlboro tentacle? If you're going to mug 4 Marlboros (extra tentacles could be refined into spells and whatnot), might as well get an extra tentacle out of the deal....