PDA

View Full Version : Best Legendary Weapons?

Peter_20
01-23-2006, 11:08 AM
I'm soon gonna unlock these Legendary Weapons, and I'd like to know what I should give priority to?
I always thought those swords should be given priority, but do you have any other advice?

Shin Gouken
01-23-2006, 11:16 AM
It's down to personal preference. They are all very useful in their own ways.

I always liked the Rune axe. It uses MP for critical hits, so every hit is a critical hit. Works great in two hands. Use the monk ability Store first and your garanteed a hit for 9999HP.

Masamune is probabley most useful. It gives instant initiative to the weilder so they always attack first in battle. If they use Haste2 as their first attack, then your other three characters will attack first too. This even works on Shinryu and enables you to attack before his initial Tidal wave attack.

Excalibur is over-rated. It's a strong weapon sure, but their are stronger ones about. It's elemental Holy attack power is sometimes annoying. It will heal a lot of enemies and bosses.

yuno
01-23-2006, 01:06 PM
i hate excalibur.damn weapon.holy element is not very useful.ragnarok and brave blade are much better.but they arent legendary,so let's not talk about them.^_^

excalibur is a relatively good choice,though.by the time you get it,it's one of the best weapons you have.usable until the time you have ragnarok and a super brave blade.

though strato has a greater attack power than masamune,masamune is still good,due to its first strike ability as mentioned by shinangel.put strato and masamune together (by 2-swords) for maximum use.

wizard rod always gets into my first 3.strengthens most elements,if not all.useful for black magi,red magi and summoners,especially if you have redx2.

sage staff is also good,if you already have holy.

the two knives,sasuke and assassin,complete my first six.assassin has deathblow (can kill an enemy in one hit) but has lower attack power.sasuke can be equipped by ninjas only (if i remember correctly) but has high attack power.and i definitely use ninjas so sasuke is very useful for me.

i dont really mind the remaining six.it's a case-to-case basis.i take whatever i need.

to sum it up...

first three:excalibur,masamune,wizard rod

second three:sage staff,sasuke,assassin

the rest is up to you.

Ultima Shadow
01-23-2006, 04:03 PM
Massamune.

Shin Gouken
01-23-2006, 04:16 PM
Massamune.

What's so great about masamune?

MetaphysicalManifestation
01-23-2006, 04:49 PM
What's so great about masamune?

Masamune is probabley most useful. It gives instant initiative to the weilder so they always attack first in battle. If they use Haste2 as their first attack, then your other three characters will attack first too. This even works on Shinryu and enables you to attack before his initial Tidal wave attack.

yuno
01-23-2006, 04:52 PM
shinangel,didnt you explain the great thing about masamune in your previous post?

Shin Gouken
01-23-2006, 04:55 PM
LMAO yeah, it's just coz instant initiative is also granted by wearing winged shoes, but they also give instant haste which can't be dispelled. Winged shoes are available before masamune too.

boys from the dwarf
01-23-2006, 06:33 PM
th excalibur is annoying because its one of the only swords that the sorcerer cant equip. seems as my group is a knight, monk, white mage/ time mage, black mage/ summoner none of the weapons are very useful but they are sort of handy.

Ultima Shadow
01-24-2006, 01:21 AM
I simply choosed Massamune because it's the best legendary sword. Excalibur has more attack power, but it's holy-elemental. Non-elemental is a lot better than holy-elemental since some monsters are immune to or absorb holy-elemental dammage. Thus Massamune is, even though it has lower attack power, still better than Excalibur in overall offense. And the fact that you always gets the first strike makes it even better.

Darth Tjador
01-25-2006, 01:11 AM
I'm barely starting the game so now I have cheats!

charchar
01-25-2006, 02:15 AM
or just build up monks like crazy and they won't need weapons. i think. i don't really remember, but i think a high level barefist is better than a sword in 5

Crossblades
01-26-2006, 06:53 PM
Holy Lance if you're using a Lancer

yunafan11
01-26-2006, 07:25 PM
Not sure.

nik0tine
01-27-2006, 08:52 AM
I'm barely starting the game so now I have cheats!
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Darth Tjador
02-16-2006, 03:11 AM
Cheats Rule!!!!!!!!!