PDA

View Full Version : Sphinxaur

Skyblade
01-24-2006, 12:07 AM
Does Sphinxaur have a GF?

Last time I asked this question, I was told by several people that it was impossible to fight any of the other bosses in Ulti's castle before fighting Sphinxaur, so you couldn't unlock Draw before you fight him. However, I recently played through Ulti's castle again, this time fighting Sphinxaur last (I faced Tiamat first, who is even easier than Sphinxaur with proper Junctioning). So I know it is possible to get draw before facing him. However, I had all the GFs by that point, so I still don't know if he carries one. Could someone please find out somehow? It's just something I've been wondering for a while.

rubah
01-24-2006, 01:59 AM
I doubt it. There are 14 GFs you have to obtain yourself (quezacoatl and shiva are automatic) and half of those are drawn.

I dunno.

starseeker
01-24-2006, 05:48 PM
These are the only bosses in the castle you can draw GFs from:

Tri-point: Siren
Krysta: Carbuncle
Droma: Leviathan
Red Giant: Pandemona
Gargantua: Cerberus
Catoblepas: Alexander
Tiamat: Eden

So Sphinaxur is the only boss (exempting Ultimecia) that has no GF to draw.

boys from the dwarf
01-24-2006, 06:55 PM
seems as impossible to win back the draw ability without defeating sphinxaur he has no GF on him because that would be really stupid.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
01-25-2006, 11:17 PM
i tried this out just because I wanted to scan Sphinxaur and Sphinxara but I had to go and battle Catoblepas first. I didn't even think of going for Tiamat, I'm really impressed that you managed to beat him first without all you abilities (well most of them)

Skyblade
01-26-2006, 09:31 PM
i tried this out just because I wanted to scan Sphinxaur and Sphinxara but I had to go and battle Catoblepas first. I didn't even think of going for Tiamat, I'm really impressed that you managed to beat him first without all you abilities (well most of them)

Junction Fire, Ice, and Lightning to Elem-Def, enough to absorb all 3. All of Tiamat's attacks will heal you, and from there it's simple.

It's technically possible to skip Quezacoatl and Shiva, though it'd be hard going until you got Ifrit.

But, if you went in with only the GFs you had to acquire in the game, would you find one on Sphinxaur? Damnit, I'm really going to have to test this sometime. I just hate skipping things. >.<