PDA

View Full Version : Adel's thoughts

Moon Rabbits
01-24-2006, 01:25 AM
In the Japanese version of FF8, when you first walk past the big tv screen in Timber a dialogue box pops up that says something along the lines of "get me back...I am alive" with very off grammar. These are a radio transmission of Adel's thoughts.

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/final_fantasy_viii_changes.txt

Says it there. Is this true?

also, is there an international version of FF8?

Heero Yuy NWZC
01-24-2006, 04:24 AM
are u saying that she can project thoughts by transforming them into radio waves. if not, then it can't be. Adel is dormant in space with her mind frozen and such. Are u also saying that this could have been one of those brief moments when the seal is off for a sec? possibly, but i don't think that Adel can make her thoughts into radio waves. That is no magic.

Zeromus_X
01-24-2006, 04:50 AM
In the Japanese version of FF8, when you first walk past the big tv screen in Timber a dialogue box pops up that says something along the lines of "get me back...I am alive" with very off grammar. These are a radio transmission of Adel's thoughts.

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/final_fantasy_viii_changes.txt

Says it there. Is this true?

also, is there an international version of FF8?
im pretty sure it says something along those lines in the US version too.
it could be adel...im not sure if its concrete though.

wheres that theory guy, maybe he knows?:choc2:

Future Esthar
01-24-2006, 01:05 PM
Yeah,it´s someone´s thoughts but I think it´s not Adel.It´s probably Odine (Od Hyne)

Moon Rabbits
01-24-2006, 01:14 PM
Odine? Od Hyne? I'm lost.

Do you mean the Great Hyne or Odin?

Future Esthar
01-24-2006, 01:34 PM
The doctor.

Moon Rabbits
01-24-2006, 01:43 PM
Ohhhh Hahaha. I forgot about him.

The guy with the big ass freakin neck thing and talks like zis.

Future Esthar
01-24-2006, 02:20 PM
What do you think that neck thing is?

Moon Rabbits
01-24-2006, 02:20 PM
A collar, is it not?

Future Esthar
01-24-2006, 02:25 PM
Ah,Ah,ah,ah,ah,ah.It doesn´t look like a collar.

Sir Bahamut
01-24-2006, 03:07 PM
It IS Adel who says those things. Remember that it is her seal which is causing that static to begin with, and since she's not dead and still has her powers, it is feasible that she sent those subtle messages herself. This is further backed up by what the messages actually say (these quotes from the PAL version):

"I'm alive"
"Bring me back there"
"I'll never let you forget me"

Sounds exactly like that a bitter and spiteful Adel would think of saying, no?

PS: Just ignore Future Esthar. He stopped trying to make sense ages ago.

Future Esthar
01-24-2006, 03:15 PM
PS: Just ignore Future Esthar. He stopped trying to make sense ages ago.

At least I know how to activate the secret gameover FMV on the missile base unlike you who seemed to forgot:mad2:

By the way,the words were at random.How do you know what it says?

Moon Rabbits
01-24-2006, 03:16 PM
Haha okay.

Yeah I figured it was Adel...all the evidence seems to say so.

Christmas
01-24-2006, 03:27 PM
By the way,the words were at random.How do you know what it says?

No one bothers anyway.

Future Esthar
01-24-2006, 03:34 PM
No it didn´t say.

Crew Member-"The tomb is made of a special material.It prevents thelepathic waves in"

Or somehing along those lines.

Which means the tomb can only reflect waves from outside.

Sir Bahamut
01-24-2006, 03:39 PM
At least I know how to activate the secret gameover FMV on the missile base unlike you who seemed to forgot

That could have been funny, but on second thought, no.

No it didn´t say.

Crew Member-"The tomb is made of a special material.It prevents thelepathic waves in"

Or somehing along those lines.

Which means the tomb can only reflect waves from outside.

This is what it says:

Researcher:
"The sealing mechanism is made of a special material."
"It seals Adel's powers, and at the same time prevents any means of outside
contact."
"Radio waves, sound waves, telepathic waves, junctions, you name it."
"The signals from our wave jamming system are so powerful that it affects
radio waves down on the planet."

So basically, the sealing mechanism is so powerful that it effects radiowaves, causing the static on the TV screen and collapse of world wide communication (ie. why TV transmissions are sent via cable etc.). Adel clearly, having magical powers and all, has some minor influence on this system, so that the influenced radiowaves carry with them (some of) Adels thoughts.

EDIT: Oh, and the words were NOT at random, which is why we can see what it says.

Heero Yuy NWZC
01-24-2006, 04:17 PM
u are not saying how Adel can make her thoughts into radio waves. that's the only way they could have been on the screen! televisions do not broadcast thoughts alone u know? besides, didn't they say that there are occasions when they have to take off the first seal to do maintenance or something?

Moon Rabbits
01-24-2006, 05:10 PM
Thoughts give off small amounts of electric waves anyway. If the machine used to seal Adel was powerful enough to disrupt all radiowaves on the planet even from space than it probably can pick up brain waves...

Also, this is kinda like over thinking but to a lesser extent.

Final Fantasy fans usually over think everything that isn't explained in the game. R = U, for instance was the product of over thinking. Also, fans of Kingdom Hearts believe it takes place in an alternate universe than all the final fantasies and that Aeris isn't the Aeris from FF7. This is false. KH is just a game, it doesnt take place in an alternate dimension it takes place in its own world just like all FFs. The final fantasy characters are basically just there to attract gamers.

So let's not over think this. Maybe Square was just putting a little easter egg in letting you hear Adel's thoughts...maybe the explanation is just that Adel is magic?

While it never says who the thoughts come from Adel seems most likely.

Future Esthar
01-24-2006, 11:11 PM
The influence on the waves is due to reflection of the waves into the Tomb.
What else can it be?
And the system prevents any means of outside contact so it can´t be from Adel.

Also,if the Galbadians can make devices to detect telepatic waves they probably know how to send them.
Which means they must have a machine to send some.
Poor Adel,taking the blame of it all.

Zeromus_X
01-25-2006, 12:08 AM
wheres that theory guy, maybe he knows?:choc2:

sorry everyone...

Moon Rabbits
01-25-2006, 12:50 AM
You'd better be. haha.

Ok FH, who's sending the signals then? Why are they sending "i'm alive"?

Heero Yuy NWZC
01-25-2006, 04:01 AM
didn't u just read his post? he said the galbadians are! ppl are just thinking adel sent it:rolleyes2 anyways, for whoever put that FF fans overthink things...duh! that's why we have this forum site.:D

Future Esthar
01-25-2006, 01:15 PM
I never said that.I said they can have a machine that does.

Sir Bahamut
01-25-2006, 01:16 PM
The influence on the waves is due to reflection of the waves into the Tomb.
What else can it be?

Influence from Adels highly potent sorceress powers. Judging from what sorceresses are capable of (at their highest form, Hyne, they could create an entire race of people) and that Adel is a highly powerful specimen, it is far from unreasonable to assume that she had a small enough influence on the signals being jammed that she could send those messages.

So it can, in fact, be something else far more simple.

And the system prevents any means of outside contact so it can´t be from Adel.

Exactly, the system prevents means for OUTSIDE CONTACT. But what about Adel? She's on the INSIDE! So there is plenty of room for to transmit thoughts from the inside out. Of course, Adel was clearly kept in a sort of suspended life stasis, so she was obvioulsy incapable of doing anything besides sending those tiny messages.

Also,if the Galbadians can make devices to detect telepatic waves they probably know how to send them.
Which means they must have a machine to send some.
Poor Adel,taking the blame of it all.

The Galbadians don't have devices to detect telepathic waves, it's Esthar that has those. You're mixing continents.

It is clear enough that those messages are being sent from Adel. Everything points towards it, and there are no other plausible possibilities. Anyone can see that it is meant to be a small easter-egg indicating that Adel is still alive and will have some part to play.

Future Esthar
01-25-2006, 01:22 PM
The Galbadians don't have devices to detect telepathic waves, it's Esthar that has those. You're mixing continents.

Well,at least they had one on the Timber Tv station no?
Or else how could they make it appear on the screen?

Oh,wait.Adel can perform magic isn´t it?
So abracadabra.There is the thoughts.

You judge me but you are stating the most ridiculous and insane explanation I had ever saw on the forum.

We know magic has scientific explanation on FF8.

Sir Bahamut
01-25-2006, 01:51 PM
Well,at least they had one on the Timber Tv station no?
Or else how could they make it appear on the screen?

Make what appear? The static or Adels thoughts? As far as I see it, the static we see is merely jammed radio waves, and we see Adels thoughts there because Adel is very lightly influencing the jammed waves. Simple as that.

Oh,wait.Adel can perform magic isnīt it?
So abracadabra.There is the thoughts.

You judge me but you are stating the most ridiculous and insane explanation I had ever saw on the forum.

We know magic has scientific explanation on FF8.

Ridiculous and insane? In many cases I would agree, but sometimes we have to simply accept that FF8 is a world full of magic, and that magic sometimes causes events to happen. For instance, when Edea skews Squall with that ice-spear, what explanation do we have for that? Simple: Edea used magic to conjur up the ice-spear and used magic to thrust it into him. Or, how did Edea make the two statues of the Iguanas come alive? Magic.

And here too: how does Adel transmit thoughts to the jammed radio waves? Well, since Adel is a powerful sorceress, it's reasonable to assume that she used magic.

I don't mind you calling my arguments insane, but you probably should back that statement up first.

Finally, sure, magic has a rational explanation in FF8, but that doesn't alter the fact that it's magic! Rational explanation or no, people can use MAGIC to influence things, so Adel can use MAGIC to transmit thoughts.

Moon Rabbits
01-25-2006, 04:19 PM
didn't u just read his post? he said the galbadians are! ppl are just thinking adel sent it:rolleyes2 anyways, for whoever put that FF fans overthink things...duh! that's why we have this forum site.:D

Sorry, I find this FE's posts hard to follow sometimes. But FEs theory just got debunked by Sir Bahamut, and even if it didn't heres something else to prove it false.

If the Galbadians HAD a machine to detect and send telepathic messages (and they dont) why would they be sending messages like :

"I'm alive"
"Bring me back there"

? Doesn't makes much sense if they're doing that. And when does it say Galbadia has a machine to send/receive telepathy?

Finally, sure, magic has a rational explanation in FF8, but that doesn't alter the fact that it's magic! Rational explanation or no, people can use MAGIC to influence things, so Adel can use MAGIC to transmit thoughts.

I agree, plus Adel is a sorceress so her magic is exceptionally better than Squall and Co.'s because her's isn't artificial.

Also, does anyone know if there is an International version of FF8?

Future Esthar
01-25-2006, 11:18 PM
If the Galbadians HAD a machine to detect.....telepathic messages why would they be sending messages like :

"I'm alive"
"Bring me back there"

I ask how the messenge appears there in the first place if they can´t detect telepathic waves and convert it into electronic information.

Adel is a sorceress.But magic can never violate the science of FF8.And there is nothing sugesting what you say is enabled on FF8 science.

I can as well say that Ulti possess people on the past without using any machine.She is a sorceress after all.
But we know she can´t because the science of FF8 don´t enables that.
But it enables fire,water,etc... appearing out of nothing for example.

By the way,sorry if I offended you Sir Bahamut:cry:

Ruthik
01-25-2006, 11:48 PM
I can as well say that Ulti possess people on the past without using any machine.She is a sorceress after all.
But we know she canīt because the science of FF8 donīt enables that.
But it enables fire,water,etc... appearing out of nothing for example.

I thought she had to use Odine's future machine??? Odine had a machine that never worked and got excited when he found out that Ulti was using it in the future?

I could be wrong though~

Moon Rabbits
01-26-2006, 12:27 AM
No. There isn't science interfering with Ultimecia possessing in the past. That just isn't a magical ability. Ellone is the only one who can do that. She isnt a sorceress, it isn't magic, its a strange exception.

Sir Bahamut
01-26-2006, 03:09 PM
Future, no science interfers with what I just said. At least, nothing that we learn IN THE GAME interfers with it. :rolleyes2 By the way:

By the way,sorry if I offended you Sir Bahamut

You're not forgiven.

Heero Yuy NWZC
01-26-2006, 04:36 PM
it can't be adel! didn't u hear on the station? her containment chamber seal's her powers! she can't use them! and when they mean that no outside contact can reach adel, then adel cannot manipulate the signals and waves if they don't get into the chamber which they can't.

Sir Bahamut
01-26-2006, 08:11 PM
I know very well what is said, I actually quoted the exact statement earlier, in case you didn't notice.

Now, it does say that it "seals her powers", but something must be sending those signals, and judging by the content of the messages, it must certainly be coming from Adels seal, do you agree? After all, the static is a result of Adels seal jamming radio waves, so any hidden messages found in the static would almost certainly have to come from the seal, as no one in Galbadia has any control over the static.

Then, we analyse the content of the messages:

1. "I'm alive" (Adel was only frozen down, not killed).
2. "Bring me back there (Adel wants to be freed and return to earth for obvious reasons).
3. "I'll never let you forget me" (Adel would be bitter at losing her dominance over the FF8 world, and wouldn't forget about it so easily).

So, we have interference coming from Adels seal, containing messages sounding exactly like something Adel would say. What is the logical conclusion to draw then, considering that there are no other explanations given? Certainly, that Adel still has a tiny bit of power; just enough willpower to let those those three small thoughts seep out into the jammed radio-waves, despite the powerful seal.

Of course, if you can come up with an alternate, plausible explanation for who or what might be sending the messages, then by all means, go ahead. But if not, we must conclude that it is Adel.

Future Esthar
01-26-2006, 10:58 PM
Where is said on the game that changing waves is a magic ability?

Of course, if you can come up with an alternate, plausible explanation for who or what might be sending the messages, then by all means, go ahead. But if not, we must conclude that it is Adel.

Well,some waves reflect on the Tomb.
But...Aren´t the waves supposed to be sent to places on Earth?
Well,the only explanation is that the waves were sent to the Tomb intentionally.
And if the Galbadians can detect...

You're not forgiven.

Why?

Lost Number
01-26-2006, 10:59 PM
Its called bouncing.

Future Esthar
01-26-2006, 11:10 PM
Yes.

Lost Number
01-26-2006, 11:24 PM
Since they bounce the waves to space, there is an opportunity for Adels to "imprint" her thoughts on it.

Future Esthar
01-27-2006, 12:07 AM
Did you even saw what Heero Guy wroted?

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
01-27-2006, 01:23 AM
This is mentioned in Wikipedia... *goes looking*

Adel's Tomb was responsible for the radio interference that had blanketed the world since its activation. During her incarceration, Adel was able to project messages within the powerful signal, visible once on a screen, that read "I AM ALIVE HERE", "BRING ME BACK THERE" and "I WILL NEVER LET YOU FORGET ABOUT ME".

Christmas
01-27-2006, 01:41 AM
Sadako (http://distorsio.upc.es/~ekiza23/WEB/ring2/sadako.jpg) did it.

Future Esthar
01-27-2006, 02:55 AM
Is Wikipedia from Square?

Noj_R
01-27-2006, 04:34 AM
Is Wikipedia from Square?

Wikipedia is an online user made encyclopedia covering thousands of subjects and topics.

These transmissions sound like Adel. Even if its not possible, who else could it be? Its possible the game developers made a mistake also.

Heero Yuy NWZC
01-27-2006, 06:44 AM
alright, the tomb is meant to seal Adels' power and keep her frozen so she is unable to move or use any magic, correct? therefore, she would be unable to manipulate waves. adel would not be able to manipulate the tomb. if she could then there was no point in making it then. also, when u are frozen, ur mind cannot process anyhting or do any functions so she wouldn't be able to think either. as i asked before, isn't there a time when they take off the first lvl seal to do maintenance or something? i forget, but still even if that occurs she is still frozen.

Noj_R
01-27-2006, 06:51 AM
alright, the tomb is meant to seal Adels' power and keep her frozen so she is unable to move or use any magic, correct? therefore, she would be unable to manipulate waves. adel would not be able to manipulate the tomb. if she could then there was no point in making it then. also, when u are frozen, ur mind cannot process anyhting or do any functions so she wouldn't be able to think either. as i asked before, isn't there a time when they take off the first lvl seal to do maintenance or something? i forget, but still even if that occurs she is still frozen.

Exactly, she is beyond anything except maybe the tiniest whisper of a thought. Even using all of her strength, the most extreme thing she can do ( with lvl 1 off of course ), would be to send a vague message of hate to the earth in the form of "waves" or something...This must be the case beacause it must be Adel, who else would it be sending these signals if it were not?

Heero Yuy NWZC
01-27-2006, 08:02 AM
who knows. i think that Square just put it there to peak player's interest.

Future Esthar
01-27-2006, 12:54 PM
One word:

Dollet Communications Tower.

Sir Bahamut
01-27-2006, 02:21 PM
Noj R's previous response is what I would have said, more or less, so I'll leave it at that.

Future: "Dollet Communications Tower" is three words, not one. And please, don't infest this topic with your trolling. And you're not forgiven because I don't feel like it.

EDIT:
who knows. i think that Square just put it there to peak player's interest.

I agree, but that doesn't mean there's no explanation for it! It's perfectly plausible to suggest that the seal couldn't knock out absolutely all of Adels powers. I mean, imprinting those 3 thoughts is hardly an act of great power! The seal is still damn powerful to only allow those tiniest of slivers seep out, no? This is Adel we're talking about, after all, a sorceress powerful enough to compete with Ultimecia!

Also, they do remove the level 1 seal for inspection now and then, so perhaps that is the only time when those thoughts can seep out. I guess we can't ever know that much...

Heero Yuy NWZC
01-27-2006, 04:46 PM
well, i think it could because if it didn't then there would have been no point in making it. the seal was made for total isolation. nothing. besides, as i said if she is frozen her mind would not be able to process anything or perform any functions meaning no magic and no thoughts.

Future Esthar
01-27-2006, 04:47 PM
You are also trolling.After all you are posting theories.:mad2:
You have the right to have your opinions but you must respect that of the others.:mad2:
Calling it trolling itīs not respecting.That is an act of extreme arrogance coming from you.:mad2:
I am serious when I post these theories.Am no kidding.I swear.:mad2:
You were not the one starting the thread at all and Heero Guy pretty much explained why it canīt be Adel.:mad2:

:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Christmas
01-27-2006, 04:49 PM
You are also trolling.After all you are posting theories.:mad2:
You have the right to have your opinions but you must respect that of the others.:mad2:
Calling it trolling itīs not respecting.That is an act of extreme arrogance coming from you.:mad2:
I am serious when I post these theories.Am no kidding.I swear.:mad2:

:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

I can't believe you know what trolling mean.

Future Esthar
01-27-2006, 04:52 PM
Yes I know and I swear I don´t post theories just to attract attention (trolling) without believing them.

Christmas
01-27-2006, 05:03 PM
Trolling doesn't just limited to being an attention whore and I question your belief.

Future Esthar
01-27-2006, 05:38 PM
Then explain more of it to me.

Christmas
01-27-2006, 05:42 PM
Ignorant is not an excuse to start trolling nor an excuse to say you won't wrong because of your belief.

Future Esthar
01-27-2006, 05:45 PM
Then explain more of it to me.

So?

Christmas
01-27-2006, 05:52 PM
Will explaining it stop what you believe in anyway just like all those rebuke posts in your theories threads? Eventually, you will still insist you are not trolling nor wrong.

EDIT: NOR WILL YOU ADMIT THAT YOU ARE IGNORANT TO A LOT OF STUFFS THAT IS GOING ON.

Future Esthar
01-27-2006, 06:05 PM
Give it a try.

Sir Bahamut
01-27-2006, 06:07 PM
well, i think it could because if it didn't then there would have been no point in making it. the seal was made for total isolation. nothing.

You misunderstand. Of course the seal was meant to seal her powers, there's no question about that, hence the name 'seal' :rolleyes2 But you seem to think that when Esthar finally captured Adel, they could just roll up their sleeves and instantly produce a seal so flawless that it stopped 100% of contact from the inside or the outside. That sounds a bit ludicrous if you ask me. It is far more reasonable that despite the extreme power of the seal, it still had the 0.1% leakage it would take Adel to send those tiny messages.

Please remember that this is Adel we're talking about! Esthar's technology is powerful indeed, but Adel could singlehandedly rule over everyone without much fear of being beaten! It was her greedy desire to see Ellone that was her downfall, not the mighty Estharian technology!

besides, as i said if she is frozen her mind would not be able to process anything or perform any functions meaning no magic and no thoughts.

If you can produce a quote that flat out says that Adel has 0% mental activity while sealed, then I'll concede, but as far as I know, no such quote exists, rendering your argument here baseless.

But really, what it boils down to is that everything points towards the messages coming from Adel, don't you agree? The content of the actual messages and the fact that they are caused by Adels seal are both undeniable and incredibly strong hints towards Adel being the one transmitting them. Personally, I see this as Square giving us a nice easter egg, and thus I think this is a case where the technological arguments have to make way for the overwhelming hints. At least, if there is no other plausible and logical explanation, then Adel is clearly the winner here.

Future Esthar: Please, I didn't mean it like that :( :cry: :cry: :cry: You just hurt my feelings with your initial comments in this thread :cry:

Christmas
01-27-2006, 06:09 PM
Give it a try.

Why dun you give it a try yourself and start reflecting on your belief and the stuff you post compare to what is going on in the game and going on around the world.

Future Esthar
01-27-2006, 06:33 PM
Future Esthar: Please, I didn't mean it like that You just hurt my feelings with your initial comments in this thread

You are a gentleman.

I also got hurt when you said the forums would be a better place without me and that you had enough faith on humanity to say people like me exist.That sounds Nazi like.

Peace and Love to Everybody.:love:

I think I got it.

You are saying there are always instability and minor variations on real physical systems.So Adel can change the waves.
Buterfly effect?

Heero Yuy NWZC
01-27-2006, 07:12 PM
If you can produce a quote that flat out says that Adel has 0% mental activity while sealed, then I'll concede, but as far as I know, no such quote exists, rendering your argument here baseless.
acutally there is a base to it. u know that esthar has advcanced technology right? and that they apply the rules of motion meaning that if something is cooled the particles slow down making motion slower. since adel is in this seal she is frozen to a point where she cannot move meaning that her brain had been cooled to a low enough temp to where it can not process data or perform functions. and yes, they do use these rules in the FFVIII world so don't say that Square changed the rules for the game.

Christmas
01-27-2006, 07:20 PM

acutally there is a base to it. u know that esthar has advcanced technology right? and that they apply the rules of motion meaning that if something is cooled the particles slow down making motion slower. since adel is in this seal she is frozen to a point where she cannot move meaning that her brain had been cooled to a low enough temp to where it can not process data or perform functions. and yes, they do use these rules in the FFVIII world so don't say that Square changed the rules for the game.

Christmas don't accept this explaination nor does it matters when Christmas asked the question in the first place.

Heero Yuy NWZC
01-27-2006, 07:26 PM
i did not ask a question. i am simply proving a point with which is now proven true since u did not reply with any refutable proof.

Christmas
01-27-2006, 07:28 PM
That is only when I did asked the question in the first place, chap.

MetaphysicalManifestation
01-27-2006, 07:29 PM
Future Esthar: Please, I didn't mean it like that You just hurt my feelings with your initial comments in this thread

You are a gentleman.

I also got hurt when you said the forums would be a better place without me and that you had enough faith on humanity to say people like me exist.That sounds Nazi like.
I'm not entire sure, but I believe Sir Bahamut's intention was not to apologise to you, but more to satirise your earlier apology to him which resulted in the quote, 'you are not forgiven'.

In other words he ‘snapped’ you.

Sir Bahamut
01-27-2006, 07:36 PM

I'm sorry, but you haven't provided a quote. Your assumptions on FF8 technology are completely baseless without a quote, meaning I could simply retort with "While it is theoretically possible to cool someone down enough to stop brain activity, Esthar does not have that technology as of yet", putting us back at square one.

Without a quote, this part of the debate is meaningless, meaning we fall back to the fact that everything indicates that Adel sent the messages, thus giving me the upper hand.

I'm not entire sure, but I believe Sir Bahamut's intention was not to apologise to you, but more to satirise your earlier apology to him which resulted in the quote, 'you are not forgiven'.

In other words he ‘snapped’ you.

Yep, although apparently sarcasm is lost on some people...

That is only when I did asked the question in the first place, chap.

Erm, you know I'm the one who asked him for a quote right, and that the quote you put as "Originally Posted by Christmas" was, in fact, originally posted by me, right?

Noj_R
01-27-2006, 10:52 PM
OK, ok...

We have proof for both sides of the arguments. But for the one stating Adel is NOT behind it to work you need an alternative source. Who is the one sending the signals if it is not Adel? If no satisfactory alternative is found, then we must assume it is Adel.

Heero Yuy NWZC
01-28-2006, 05:04 AM
first, how will signals get through if in fact they are all jammed? u haven't told me and no one has said anything about it. all i hear is that adel manipulated some signals to carry her thoughts. no one has said how she got the signals unjammed. also, if u remember chryogenic freezing, that is what they did to adel. u see? u have any other proof that they didn't. if not, then they did which in turn means that they have the thechnology to slow the mind down to where it cannot function.

Noj_R
01-28-2006, 07:14 AM
That is interesting...In the game they do state that no body can make contact with Adel via radio waves, junctioning, etc. But who else is it if it is not Adel. Is it Edea calling for help in desperation knowing she is the pawn in an evil scheme? Is it Ultimecia, calling from the depths of time? Is it Ellone, calling out for Laguna to save her? None of those three make much sense...

So, if its not Adel, then who else could it possibly be? If no alternative source is found, then we are must assume it is Adel and she somehow found a way to send a message...

Sir Bahamut
01-28-2006, 10:42 AM
first, how will signals get through if in fact they are all jammed? u haven't told me and no one has said anything about it. all i hear is that adel manipulated some signals to carry her thoughts. no one has said how she got the signals unjammed. also, if u remember chryogenic freezing, that is what they did to adel. u see? u have any other proof that they didn't. if not, then they did which in turn means that they have the thechnology to slow the mind down to where it cannot function.

Again though, you are failing to come with either a quote, or coming with an alternate source for the messages. What I'm suggesting, by the way, isn't that signlas got through the seal, nor that she unjammed them. I'm simply saying that with all of Adels immense powers, those three thoughts seeped out from the powerful seal, and were transmitted though radio-waves down to earth.

Please, you must surely agree that the only logical place those messages could have come from were Adel, no? And if so, then we must assume that she simply found a tiny enough hole in the seal to slowly let those tiny messages seep through, make their way into the jammed radio-waves outside the seal, carrying them all the way back to earth where they get displayed on the static.

Your arguing is pointless, and simply arguing for the sake of arguing unless you can find a plausible alternate source for the messages. As Noj said, if there is no other more plausible explanation than Adel having sent them, we must assume it is Adel, and that the seal was not 100% perfect.

Future Esthar
01-28-2006, 01:30 PM
Someone trying to imitate Adel.Why not?

Maybe this messages had some other meaning?

And since the words were at random maybe the phrase can be made another way?

Sir Bahamut
01-28-2006, 01:34 PM
The words are NOT at random, for the second time. :mad2:

Future Esthar
01-28-2006, 02:33 PM
ScreenshotMan at rescue!(Interesting username to change to).

Christmas
01-28-2006, 04:02 PM
Someone trying to imitate Adel.Why not?

Future Esthar is absolutely right on this one.

Allow me to enlighten everyone with the one and only truth. You may be shocked, surprised or even scared when you see it. It is indeed SADAKO that send the message!

Look at the pictures below.

http://fan.tahlmorra.net/rinoa/photos/rinoa07.jpg
http://www.greenoblivion.com/sadako_ring.jpg

I CAN HARDLY TELL ANY DIFFERENCES.

It is pretty obvious that the creators of the game take references from Sadako while making this character called Rinoa and I got news that they are big fan of Sadako which I had no idea why.

Also something to take note of is both Sadako and FF VIII originated from Japan. It is too much of a coincidence.

There are also a lot of references to Sadako through the dialogue of the characters in the game. Let's take a look.

Julia: You were always smiling while listening, right? You have
beautiful eyes. Though they look a bit scared now. Don't worry, I'm not going to pluck'em and eat'em. I just want to talk, gazing into those
eyes. Would you like a drink? Wine perhaps?

Julia: Yes... The many faces you've shown me. Times when you were hurt,
worried... Or felt pain deep inside you. Your smile, your face, your
eyes... You've shown me something... I think I can come up with a song.

Squall:
You smile when our eyes met...)

Ellone: Of course! You were my eyes. Thanks to you guys, I was able to
see how much I was loved.

Ellone: I remember those eyes. You just looked at me with the same eyes
you had when you were little. Those curious, innocent, puppy dog eyes,
I loved those eyes.

Take note that the last quote is the most important of them all.

Now let's take a look at Sadako's trademark.

WARNING: CLICK AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SADAKO (http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown/8456/bg_cg/sadako.jpg)

Yes, it is those eyes, eyes!!! Eyes is the keyword to the connection between everything. There aren't anyway that they isn't connected and the importance of "EYES" in both the game and the movie/novel tell us all.

PS: Even the theme song is about Eyes.

Maybe this messages had some other meaning?

Recall how Sadako send her curse through the form of videotape while being trapped in a well. What do you use to play a videotape? A TV of course.

Take note that Adel is too trapped somewhere and have supernatural powers just like Sadako. So there is no telling that Adel = Sadako while the character design of Rinoa is taken from Sadako.

And those message were pretty obnoxious and creepy just like what Sadako will send as seen in the movie/novel.

And since the words were at random maybe the phrase can be made another way?

This is not a word jumble game my dear Future Esthar.

Noj_R
01-28-2006, 08:16 PM
I cannot believe you have revealed the true identity of Squall, Rinoa, AND Adel in one day! Amazing work Christmas! :D lol

Future Esthar
01-28-2006, 10:18 PM
The pictures appear at random on the link.