PDA

View Full Version : Strange etiquette type question

Aryn
01-24-2006, 05:49 AM
Just because there's more people here than where I usually post :P and cause I think some of you are older and might be able to help me with this, I have a strange, lil question.

One of my best friends recently got engaged. I met her last year in college, and me, her and her fiancee all go to the same place. Anyways, her fiancee draws the comics for the school news paper, so anyone who reads the paper knows who is. And that's most of the college. In said newspaper, there's a place where you can call in and make little shout out style messages.

And here's the question. I've been trying to decide if I should ask either her premission or his to call into this and congradulate them. I would love it to be a suprise, at the same time, they might not want the whole student body to know. I'm torn. People who have been married - and I know it's a few of you - your oppinion would be helpful too.

Anyways, yeah, thanks and such. :P

Shlup
01-24-2006, 05:51 AM
It probably depends on what kind of people they are. My fiance and I are private people and we would appreciate the gesture, but wouldn't really want it announced like that. I think that at least 90% of people would be touched though.

SammieBabe
01-24-2006, 05:52 PM
I'm married, and I would have appreciated a heads up if anyone was going to do that for me. I'm sure if she likes the idea, she'll be very happy that you were thoughtful enough to do that.
At least that way she knows its coming...:)

*~Endless Night~*
01-24-2006, 05:58 PM
I think you should speak to some other people that know them and see what they think before you decide what to do