PDA

View Full Version : Rachel starts playing DoS for the very first time.

HowlingMonkey
01-24-2006, 10:51 AM
Rachel picks a Warrior-Thief-RM-WM combo, just to be different. Rachel beats up the Forest Imps. Rachel kills Garland, and wins a new sword. Oooh, shiny. Rachel blitzes Pravoca and Elfheim. Rachel gets bored. Rachel pauses to make a sandwich. Rachel realises the Thief has become her best character. Rachel contemplates this as one of the signs of the apocalypse. Rachel breezes her way through the Earth Cave. Rachel feels tanked up to the max. Rachel enters the Earthgist Shrine. Rachel gets her butt kicked by every boss in there. Rachel realises she has no save states from before the bottom floor. Rachel cries.

Rachel starts playing DoS for the very second time.

So, the point of this post: at what point should I go in the Earthgist Shrine (and the other 3 added dungeons)?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-24-2006, 11:00 AM
I went through each one as soon as it opened up, personally.

HowlingMonkey
01-24-2006, 11:39 AM
I went through each one as soon as it opened up, personally.

And how did you avoid the bosses handing you your asses on dinner plates?

Captain Maxx Power
01-24-2006, 12:37 PM

Have the latest equipment, a full set of magics and a bunch of castable items. Also a few extra levels can't hurt.

Clord
02-04-2006, 08:00 PM
Seriously that version from game is joke when talking about difficult. Random battles come too often and are too easy. Chaos was only one boss what is difficult to beat.

KentaRawr!
02-05-2006, 02:54 AM
Seriously that version from game is joke when talking about difficult. Random battles come too often and are too easy. Chaos was only one boss what is difficult to beat.

Unless you count the side-bosses. Some of those bosses were seriously a pain in the bumkin.

HowlingMonkey
02-05-2006, 11:31 AM
Unless you count the side-bosses. Some of those bosses were seriously a pain in the bumkin.

Not really. Omega was the only one that was tough, and that's just cause it was a long fight. Even Shinryu was pretty easy. Although I ended up taking them all on just before going off to fight Chaos.

DarkLadyNyara
03-16-2006, 12:16 AM
Don't worry. Even if you loose, it's not a Game Over. :D

Vincent, Thunder God
03-23-2006, 03:33 AM
Actually the Warrior/theif/RM/WM combo is exactly what I picked the first time I played. But I had absolutely no information on the game. I just picked what seemed like the best combo...but in the end I was a bit dissapointed with the combo.

Slam Dancin' Moogle
04-08-2006, 07:00 PM
Ooh, yeah... That combo works good in the original, but not in this, because this game makes Red Mages look really bad. But don't worry, my friend takes this game as if he'll take no chances, he gets to level 10 before he fights Garland (which is kinda pathetic :eep: ) and to level 50 before going to Marsh Cave.