PDA

View Full Version : Meaning of some scenes

RikWeaN
01-24-2006, 06:25 PM
Hi there.
Sure thing is that Advent Children has a lot of those scenes with meanings having yet to be understood.
Let's talk about those and share our opinions :)
It would be nice to post screenshots along too.

For instance,

http://membres.lycos.fr/zewean/ffadvent/kadajnaku.jpg http://membres.lycos.fr/zewean/ffadvent/kadajnaku2.jpg

What do you think about Kadaj's sadness in this scene ?
What do you think is he crying for ? ;)

Mirage
01-24-2006, 06:47 PM
In the first picture he's eating a severed head. In the second, he's getting it hard up his behind.

He's just feeling some sort of programmed sadness which is supposed to keep Jenova's head safe and stuff, I think.

~SapphireStar~
01-24-2006, 07:13 PM
Sadness because I think he was thought JENOVA was going to be person, not just a severed head. But then again, he knows what the box contains when Rufus shows it. So perhaps, relief that he finally has JENOVA?

Gullick
01-24-2006, 07:30 PM
yeah maybe its more tear of happiness like rather than sadness.

a scene i didn get though was when Kadaj took those children and tricked them into drinking that funky water. why did he do that? (soz i dont have any screen shots)

RikWeaN
01-24-2006, 08:48 PM
Here :

http://membres.lycos.fr/zewean/ffadvent/childrink1.jpg http://membres.lycos.fr/zewean/ffadvent/childrink2.jpg

I may be wrong, but I think it was meant to get their minds under control or something. But on what purpose ? :rolleyes2

In the first picture he's eating a severed head. In the second, he's getting it hard up his behind.
Hehe. Nice one.
I remember someone bringing up the fact he might just have been shocked when he realized how ugly Jenova is :p

~SapphireStar~
01-24-2006, 08:53 PM
but I think it was meant to get their minds under control or something. But on what purpose
I thought it was to con them into believing the water will cure them of Geostima (sp), but really it was to control them somehow. Maybe to try and use agaisnt Cloud cause Kadja knew he lived at the orphanage with Tifa and the children.

RikWeaN
01-24-2006, 08:57 PM
I thought it was to con them into believing the water will cure them of Geostima (sp), but really it was to control them somehow.
Oh but I think you're right indeed. He did make them believe the water would cure them, but I think it was only a mean and not his actual goal, which is I think, as you said, to control them.

I tried to but I wasn't able to figure out about the reasons why he wanted the kids under his control yet.
Was it to disturb Cloud later on ? Or maybe he just wanted some help to look for Jenova ?

~SapphireStar~
01-24-2006, 09:06 PM
Thats a good theory. Perhaps yes, become slaves to serve them and Jenova. Or a way to pull Cloud over to them. Using the children as bait? I love AC, so much is left unanswered!

Can I just move onto another scene quickly please?
There is a scene, close to the start, which show Kadja and Co looking towards Midgar. Loz starts to cry when they mention Mother, why? I love Loz, but why just cry when they discover where 'Mother' is? His he meant to be overjoyed? Sorry to trail off.

RikWeaN
01-24-2006, 09:40 PM
http://membres.lycos.fr/zewean/ffadvent/loznaku.jpg http://membres.lycos.fr/zewean/ffadvent/loznaku2.jpg

I may be wrong, but I think this scene and the fact he later on says to Kadaj "I'm not crying" during the phone scene after the Tifa fight are somehow linked, the whole point just being humor.
I think in the first scene, Yazoo asks Kadaj if he thinks Jenova is with Cloud, and Kadaj answers "Dou ka na ..." which has a meaning close to "I wonder ...". So at this point, they have no idea of Jenova's whereabouts and aren't even sure Cloud will be able to tell them about her.
To me, Loz cries just because he's a bit childish and I understand it being just something the scenarists came up with to make a contrast with his tough look, thus giving the whole thing quite a humoristic feeling.

Can I just move onto another scene quickly please?
Yeah, I guess it's okay to deal with different scenes at once.
I'm still waiting for some more opinions about Kadaj crying though :)

Emerald weapon
01-24-2006, 10:17 PM
OMG!I cant belive you dont not understand it!Geostigma is a virus that is JENOVA,JENOVA merged with the lifestream,then when new children where born she became Geostigma Kadaj took control of the children because he wanted a reuinion(when jenova cells go to the sme place and merge)so the children with the Geostigma(JENOVA)went to the sme place as kadaj n crew in midgar.and i know what ure thinkin ''eh but cloud had geostigma''indeed he did but he also was there in the forest with the children then in midgar.
Not got a pic of it but was the rain holy or areis?(it cured geostigma)

RikWeaN
01-24-2006, 10:49 PM
Hey, easy buddy ... nobody's gonna hurt you or something :)
I like your theory, makes a lot of sense to me.

JENOVA merged with the lifestream,then when new children where born she became Geostigma
Ok, but when do you consider Jenova to have merged with the lifestream ? Was that after the final confrontation at the end of FFVII, or even before ?
Because the kids taking part in the Reunion in AC look much older yet only 2 years have gone by between FFVII and AC ... so that would mean Jenova may have merged before, but in that case how come no child in FFVII showed the symptoms ?

Masamune·1600
01-25-2006, 02:19 AM
To clarify:

The children were under the impression that drinking the Black Water would cure them of their Geostigma. However, such was obviously not the case. Having taken them to the Forgotten Capital was sufficient to set a trap for Cloud; however, the actual Black Water was infused with Kadaj's will, and used to (presumably) activate the instinctual need for Reunion. The SHM most likely believed that, guided by that instinct, the children would be able to locate the JENOVA cells.

As to the matter of Geostigma, the condition is actually the result the internal conflict between a Gaian's innate Spirit Energy and JENOVA. Following the final chain of events in FFVII, when Sephiroth body was blown apart, it "infected" the Lifestream. When the Lifestream moved to Midgar to bolster Holy, the corrupted Lifestream tainted those that encountered it; hence, many people developed Geostigma. The condition did not exist prior to the end of FFVII.

Emerald weapon
01-25-2006, 09:48 PM
To clarify:

The children were under the impression that drinking the Black Water would cure them of their Geostigma. However, such was obviously not the case. Having taken them to the Forgotten Capital was sufficient to set a trap for Cloud; however, the actual Black Water was infused with Kadaj's will, and used to (presumably) activate the instinctual need for Reunion. The SHM most likely believed that, guided by that instinct, the children would be able to locate the JENOVA cells.

As to the matter of Geostigma, the condition is actually the result the internal conflict between a Gaian's innate Spirit Energy and JENOVA. Following the final chain of events in FFVII, when Sephiroth body was blown apart, it "infected" the Lifestream. When the Lifestream moved to Midgar to bolster Holy, the corrupted Lifestream tainted those that encountered it; hence, many people developed Geostigma. The condition did not exist prior to the end of FFVII.Yeah what he said