PDA

View Full Version : necron=necrophobe.

boys from the dwarf
01-24-2006, 07:20 PM
do you notice the similaritys between necrophobe from FF5 and necron from FF9. necrophobe has some sort of wings or cloak but necron has something similar except they are unfolded and they both seems to hover and the bottom half of the body is quite the same apart from the colour and their pose is the same. as for all of the crazy rings around necron i suppose sqare just intended necron to be a more powerful version of necrophobe. what do you guys think. and could someone post in some pics of the two because i cant find any.

yuno
01-24-2006, 07:21 PM
i think necrophobe looks much more "undead" than necron.they are pretty similar,though.

KoShiatar
01-24-2006, 10:08 PM
Could it be another of the hundreds of quotes FF IX has?

Necron
01-24-2006, 10:13 PM
How dare you compare me to Necrophobe. :D

Moon Rabbits
01-25-2006, 12:55 AM
Once again this is ff fans over thinking.

They might be based off eachother but Necrophobe definitely does NOT = Necro.

They're from 2 different FFs, and as we all know they are not connected or take place in the same world.

P.S. Lost Rules.

Masamune·1600
01-25-2006, 01:31 AM
Necron only received its name through localization; the original Japanese version referred to the entity as the "Darkness of Eternity." While there are many and striking relationships between FFV and FFIX, Necron more likely is an oblique reference to FFV's Neo Ex-Death.

Momiji
01-25-2006, 03:07 AM
[QUOTE=aisle_s]Once again this is ff fans over thinking.

They're from 2 different FFs, and as we all know they are not connected or take place in the same world.
QUOTE]

vampirepiggyhunter7
01-25-2006, 03:11 AM
thats exactly what square was going for...

Slade
01-25-2006, 03:47 AM
First time I fought Necrophobe on FFV I thought, 'hell he looks alot like Necron, even their names are similar'. Yet another FFIX tribute I guess.

boys from the dwarf
01-25-2006, 07:52 AM
Once again this is ff fans over thinking.

P.S. Lost Rules.
i didnt say they were the same people/things but i did say that necron seems to be a more powerful version and im quite suresqare intended a simlilairty between the two.

RaidenWeb17
01-25-2006, 12:23 PM
What about Garland. In FFIX he says he once tried to take control of the world through force but failed (FFI), and thats why he made the Iifa tree and all that stuff

Alexander
01-25-2006, 12:29 PM
FFIX and FFI are a different story.

Necron/Eternal Darkness is not like NEcrophobe and IMO they don't look alike that much.

However, Necron's quotes and Zeromus' ones are almost identical. Which means totally emo. XD

vergil154
01-17-2007, 01:22 AM
if you go to ff compendium there is a small entry dealing with this. Ok one entry box to be exact, but yeah Necron and Necrophobe are the same and yet very different at the same time. Oh and what about the necrophobe and necrofiend ghosts in FFXII

Zeromus_X
01-17-2007, 02:30 AM
This thread is just about a year old and did not need to be revived.

Please wait one more week until the next time another Necron theory thread will be available.