PDA

View Full Version : What Are You?

DynasticJam
01-24-2006, 08:57 PM
What would you class yourselfe as, I mean like a Greebo, Chav, Punk...etc...

I'm a greabo, and proud of it!

Venom
01-24-2006, 08:59 PM
A person.

~SapphireStar~
01-24-2006, 08:59 PM
Normal, well to me, Im just normal. I dont have a fashion sense, I wear whatevers comfy for me.

However, Ive been classed as a mosher due to the fact that I sometimes wear hoodies with my baggy jeans. I only have 2 band hoodies, the rest are Animal, Quiksivler, O'Neil. So how does wearing them with baggy jeans make me a mosher. Baggy jeans are comfy, hence the reason I wear them, not to show what music I like, which is mainly punk. I hate being labelled and its usually chavs that decide to label me. Scum.

Dreddz
01-24-2006, 09:28 PM
I'd say Im pretty normal too, I d0nt think I'd class myself in any specific crowd. You lot, would probably class me as a Chav by my pics In the album. But Im really not like what you'd think I'd be like.

Lost Number
01-24-2006, 09:30 PM
Anyone who met me would place me in brawler. Or possibly "drunk", it depends.

escobert
01-24-2006, 09:34 PM
wtf is a greebo? you brits and your strange names for eachother :p I'm me. Oh and chavs may be scumbags but, it doesn;t help when you all call them that non stop. I wouldn;t wanna hang out with you all if base everything on what yu wear, If you all saw me you'd omfg lolz chav and run away.

Pure Strife
01-24-2006, 09:49 PM
wtf is a greebo? you brits and your strange names for eachother :p I'm me. Oh and chavs may be scumbags but, it doesn;t help when you all call them that non stop. I wouldn;t wanna hang out with you all if base everything on what yu wear, If you all saw me you'd omfg lolz chav and run away.

I like how Americans don't really get this. Chavs are basically people that gather in large groups and physically attack, in the street in broad daylight, anyone they consider different to themselves. It's not people whining about little incidents that get blown out of proportion, people (including adults) and getting injured, and in a couple recent cases round here, killed by these people. I have nothing against people who wear trackies, but people from this subculture are just plain unpleasant.

Anyway, I'm me. Black t-shirt and blue jeans 90% of the time, denim jacket if it's cold. So whatever you want to class that as.

Rye
01-24-2006, 09:49 PM
Yeah, I'm me, pretty much. If you take a look at me, you can't really classify me. Yesss. :)

Jebus
01-24-2006, 09:51 PM
I'm a hippie. *nods*

*dances around and gives everyone flowers*

escobert
01-24-2006, 09:58 PM
I like how Americans don't really get this. Chavs are basically people that gather in large groups and physically attack, in the street in broad daylight, anyone they consider different to themselves. It's not people whining about little incidents that get blown out of proportion, people (including adults) and getting injured, and in a couple recent cases round here, killed by these people. I have nothing against people who wear trackies, but people from this subculture are just plain unpleasant.

Anyway, I'm me. Black t-shirt and blue jeans 90% of the time, denim jacket if it's cold. So whatever you want to class that as.
The fact that they wear track suits and thek they're badass just makes my lol :p ther is nothing ghetto about track suits xD

Zeldy
01-24-2006, 10:04 PM
Wtf is a greebo? I live in the UK and ive never heard of that.

Ive been called an Emo/Mosher/Geggar and a Goth.
Some kid barged past me saying "Move, GOFF" he was younger than me :O

~SapphireStar~
01-24-2006, 10:10 PM
Oh and chavs may be scumbags but, it doesn;t help when you all call them that non stop. I wouldn;t wanna hang out with you all if base everything on what yu wear, If you all saw me you'd omfg lolz chav and run away.
I dont call them scum non-stop. I dont judge people on what they wear, a chav is a chav with or without the Burberre caps or trackies. Its their personality towards myself and others at the end of the day that annoys me and makes me think theyre scum, not cause of what they wear.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
01-24-2006, 10:11 PM
I really dont know.....

final-mike
01-24-2006, 10:15 PM
I get called a chav just because of the clothes i wear. i don't act like a chav i don't think like a chav. I don't listen to chav music ( i'm in to stuff like green day ,linkin park etc) so basicly it not how you behave it more how you look when someone looks at you

Giga Guess
01-24-2006, 10:19 PM
I'd be an intellectual, not that you'd know it to see me...:p

SoulTaker*
01-24-2006, 10:34 PM
I wear urban apparel, as in jerseys,/hoodies, high tops and baggy jeans, mostly because thats what people wore were I grew up. Most people would classify me as just another "thug" on appearance, but I like alot of different things like anime, rpgs, and a assortment of rock music, and if you talk to me I like to discuss alot of things like theology and history.

Captain Maxx Power
01-24-2006, 10:54 PM
A mitch. Nothing more, nothing less.

Death Penalty
01-24-2006, 11:11 PM
I wear urban apparel, as in jerseys,/hoodies, high tops and baggy jeans, mostly because thats what people wore were I grew up. Most people would classify me as just another "thug" on appearance, but I like alot of different things like anime, rpgs, and a assortment of rock music, and if you talk to me I like to discuss alot of things like theology and history.
What he said except I dun listen to new rock.

The fact that they wear track suits and thek they're badass just makes my lol ther is nothing ghetto about track suits xD
I kick people who wear track suits casually asses.
NUFF' SAID

SammieBabe
01-24-2006, 11:14 PM
I'm too old to be classified as anything. I'm an adult...

Lindy
01-24-2006, 11:16 PM
All these words are complete garbage and make me cringe every time I hear them.

I hope, dearly, one day that people will be mature enough to not try and define or group themselves by such idiotic terms, or even at all, but it'll never happen.

Lost Number
01-24-2006, 11:19 PM
:confused: I have not got the fainstest idea of what the majority of these terms mean.

YTDN
01-25-2006, 07:25 PM
I am a Me. That is what i class myself as. A Me.

Dreddz
01-25-2006, 07:53 PM
I hate how this whole clothing situation has made an obvious devide in our society. One being the half of Chavs, rudeys etc
The other being Goths, Skaters etc
Its bloody stupid, why cant we get along ?

a nirvana fan
01-25-2006, 08:10 PM
What the heck is a greebo?

Anyway i'm just me really...I like ANY kind of music, wear any clothes, get on with anyone.

Mirage
01-25-2006, 08:19 PM
A computer enthusiast with an interest for eastern themes.

Momiji
01-25-2006, 08:22 PM
Well, according to just about anyone I talk to, I'm emo. So I guess that's what I am.

Skarr
01-25-2006, 08:36 PM
I'm sick of these crappy threads in The Lounge. What the hell is a greebo anyway? You know what, never mind, I don't wanna know.

DynasticJam
01-25-2006, 08:37 PM
I'm sick of these crappy threads in The Lounge. What the hell is a greebo anyway? You know what, never mind, I don't wanna know.

No need for ignorance. If you dont want to know then why are you posting replies on here?

K-chan
01-25-2006, 08:51 PM
^^ I know its kinda cliched to say this, but I'm myself and thats it. I've had a lot of people say they thought I was preppy one day (cause I wear a lot of bright-coloured stuff), and then punk the next (cause of a Foamy the Squirrel shirt...). Its kinda stupid really.

I don't classify myself as anything. Except maybe an artist (except not really cause I think my art sucks compared to a LOT of people out there...), but being an artist really has no fashion trend to go with it except maybe pants with AUTHENTIC paint stains on them. Ha! Anyone ever seen those jeans that are all ripped with paint splotches and they cost like $200 or something? Pffft... gimme a pair of $20 jeans, some scissors, and a bucket of paint and it'll practically be the same thing.

Project G
01-25-2006, 09:07 PM
What would you class yourselfe as, I mean like a Greebo, Chav, Punk...etc...

I'm a greabo, and proud of it!

Please explain what is a greebo?

I would say I'm an emo personally.

Plus, have you noticed that there is another social group called the Individuals!?

DynasticJam
01-25-2006, 09:09 PM
A greebo is someone with long hair and wears baggy geanes and all that sort of stuff. And listens to mainly rock or metal music

Samuraid
01-25-2006, 09:19 PM
I've never classified myself by any of those terms and honestly don't care. ;)

Ziekfried
01-25-2006, 09:22 PM
YO! I'm christian and as my brother the apostle Paul said I am all things to all people meaning no matter who you are i'll accept you.

Jess
01-26-2006, 06:47 PM
I don't like to be labelled. I'm myself and not part of a trend. :p

Shlup
01-26-2006, 07:49 PM

Skarr
01-27-2006, 12:51 AM
No need for ignorance. If you dont want to know then why are you posting replies on here?

You wanna know what's really ignorant? Stereotyping yourself into these ancient labels that do not truely define yourself. You only label this title onto you because you want to be a greedo err greebo (my bad). It's only a fad. There's nothing wrong with that, its just really annoying for someone to make a thread about it. This isn't flame...its common sense kids.

Aurey
01-27-2006, 12:55 AM
I'm a total hipster.

I hate your band.

childroland
01-27-2006, 12:56 AM
the wolf

Sapphiresea
01-27-2006, 01:02 AM
I'm human...but don't tell anyone...:shifty:

rikkupainegoofydonald
01-27-2006, 06:42 AM
I am Christian-Catholic. I am the friend of Lucia, The princess of Blue Star and Crash Nebula in battle suit. Don't tell anyone...

The Summoner of Leviathan
01-27-2006, 07:00 AM
I have been called a geek before, or a prep. I do not know what else...*shrugs*

It seems when one classifies me as something, I tend to in the next moment to do something that completely contradicts it.

After all, I am just me.

Heero Yuy NWZC
01-27-2006, 07:51 AM
I do not put my self in a classification. i have been called a nerd, geek, and a wannabe. i don't think they descirbe me though. just cuz im smart doesn't mean u gotta be hatin'. just cuz i play RPGs doesn't mean i can't own u at basketball irl. just cuz i like something doesn't mean i wear things to be in the 'in' crowd. if anything, im an outsider. not many friends(except on the internet), not many ppl even want to talk to me, and ppl just don't seem to like me cuz i have glasses.

DynasticJam
01-27-2006, 08:02 AM
You wanna know what's really ignorant? Stereotyping yourself into these ancient labels that do not truely define yourself. You only label this title onto you because you want to be a greedo err greebo (my bad). It's only a fad. There's nothing wrong with that, its just really annoying for someone to make a thread about it. This isn't flame...its common sense kids.

Whats wrong with a simple question? I know I'm a greebo because aparently thats what Ive been told. If this was a pointless thread then I think it would have been locked by now.

daniel kid
01-27-2006, 11:20 AM
ive been called an emo a goth and a goth lover :(

Casey
01-27-2006, 02:35 PM
A person.

Are you serious? Me too!

Venom
01-27-2006, 05:26 PM
Are you serious? Me too!

GTFO No way!!!! Awesome!!!

Suikojowy
01-27-2006, 06:03 PM
I AM LYK SO TOTELLY EMo!1!1!!! that's the trendy thing to be right now? I better go out right now and try to fit in to that label too.

Kidding. Don't mean to offend any "emos" here.

Lindy
01-27-2006, 06:06 PM
Whats wrong with a simple question? I know I'm a greebo because aparently thats what Ive been told. If this was a pointless thread then I think it would have been locked by now.
That's where you've gone wrong, you're labelling yourself something because SOMEONE ELSE told you that you were that type of person.

Try thinking for yourself.

DynasticJam
01-27-2006, 06:53 PM
OK! I am a greebo!

Skarr
01-28-2006, 01:05 AM
OK! I am a greebo!

And we jump back to this. :p

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
01-28-2006, 01:52 AM
A person...:shifty:.....

krissy
01-28-2006, 01:59 AM
I'm a total hipster.

I hate your band.

well, if people know about it it's not cool anymore
:choc:
it's true

Itsunari 2000
01-28-2006, 07:52 PM
A human being.

Aurey
01-28-2006, 08:32 PM
well, if people know about it it's not cool anymore
:choc:
it's true

Oh.

:'{

Twisted Tinkerbell
01-28-2006, 09:01 PM
I have a habit of changing from goth to punk, to whatever. I'm no one thing.

Lychon
01-28-2006, 09:10 PM

Oh we get it. But here, instead of Chavs we call those people Jocks, and the people they fight with are "punks" or "goths."

It's all the same, in my rock and roll fantasy...lol

TurkSlayer
01-28-2006, 09:15 PM
The aetheist Goth nerd. I only get Goth though because I wear nothing but black. And just a bit emo.

Momiji
01-28-2006, 09:20 PM
Oh we get it. But here, instead of Chavs we call those people Jocks, and the people they fight with are "punks" or "goths."

*Is strongly reminded of the My Chemical Romance music video for "I'm not Okay (I Promise)'...*

Anyway, anyone can be 'themselves', but their personality usually says differently. Like I said, I'm called 'emo' all the time, although I always just felt like...myself. But when I looked closer at my personality, I noticed I really AM 'emo'. >_<

lady yunalesca
01-28-2006, 10:53 PM

It's all the same, in my rock and roll fantasy...lol

i dont think that chavs and jocks are the same!!!! not from my understanding (which has of course been based on TV, movies etc) so i could be wrong!!!!

Could someone pos post a list of the terms and the definitions so i can understand wtf everyone is talking about please!!!! i am keen to find out what i would be "classed as"!!!!! :) i have never heard of most of these terms and this thread is confusing me :confused:

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
01-29-2006, 02:25 AM
Im a UK guy too and I've never heard of greebo's...

I don't really class myself in any category... but my friends say I'm an Emo so i just kinda go along with it..... I don't mind though... I think Emo guys are cute....

DynasticJam
01-29-2006, 02:33 AM
YOUVE NEVER HEARD OF A GREEBO OR A GREEB? I cant believe that...Oh well...

loza
01-29-2006, 02:36 AM
i'd class myself as wierd :D

Death Penalty
01-29-2006, 11:03 PM
Now that I think about it I will class myself as better than you
NUFF SAID:eep:

Chemical
01-30-2006, 05:55 AM
I'm Eclectic.

All known stereotypical genres constantly act in tension of eachother to create unique ideologies to my person.

Spammerman
02-02-2006, 12:20 AM
Ima me

Madame Adequate
02-02-2006, 03:46 AM
Well... I'm me. Certainly, you could find broad social groups which at least partially apply, but how do you account for musical tastes as diverse as Daft Punk, Louis Armstrong, Johnny Cash, and The Fall Of Troy? How do you precisely classify a long haired, black-wearing (And baby blue), fairly effeminate male with the ambition of owning significant works of French painting? (I mean apart from 'gay', obviously.) I like World of Warcraft, but I also like reading about the civilizations of America, South America, and the South Pacific. Sure, I might watch Back To The Future, Tremors, or The Army Of Darkness but then again I might read John Stuart Mill, Machiavelli, or Shelley.

The thing is, either everyone is unique and to be based on precisely what they do, or everyone is grouped based on a small number of broad characteristics such as dress and hairstyle. Most of these things are elective and do carry certain connotations; therefore it isn't unreasonable to draw certain conclusions, but to make definitive judgements and statements about people based on as much is, in my opinion, a flawed method of estimation.

As an incidental, I've never heard of a greebo either, and I live in England.

mooglebunni608
02-02-2006, 03:55 AM
i'm me
cuz i'm anti-label.

Death Penalty
02-02-2006, 03:56 AM
YOUVE NEVER HEARD OF A GREEBO OR A GREEB? I cant believe that...Oh well...

What the hell is a greeb.

Lychon
02-02-2006, 05:26 AM
i dont think that chavs and jocks are the same!!!! not from my understanding (which has of course been based on TV, movies etc) so i could be wrong!!!!

Could someone pos post a list of the terms and the definitions so i can understand wtf everyone is talking about please!!!! i am keen to find out what i would be "classed as"!!!!! :) i have never heard of most of these terms and this thread is confusing me :confused:

Maybe not, I'm reinforcing the whole Breakfast Club- 80's high school motif. :D

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
02-02-2006, 09:43 AM
uh...greebs are birds aren't they....?

Shaun
02-02-2006, 01:57 PM
No offence, but only total fools use such categorisations. Why can't people accept that they are who they are?

YunaGirl05
02-02-2006, 04:24 PM
A greebo is someone with long hair and wears baggy geanes and all that sort of stuff. And listens to mainly rock or metal music

You would be called a skater here from that description.

I'm not sure what i would be classified i guess it depends on the person who was decideing what i was.

DeathKnight
02-08-2006, 04:25 PM
Human:choc2:

AngelicHymn
02-08-2006, 11:45 PM
I'm an Individual...person...human being...adult.

Seriously though, I am my own person and I don't want to be anybody else.

Rocket Edge
02-09-2006, 12:45 AM
im like a mix between a culchie and a townie. i from the country, talk country, but have all the characteristics of a townie.

Christmas
05-13-2022, 03:06 AM
I am a Jedi, like my father before me. And sometimes a chocobo if it is mating season. :chocobo:

sharkythesharkdogg
05-17-2022, 04:12 PM
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/SuH0XBk1MOI/maxresdefault.jpg