PDA

View Full Version : Squall vs. Cloud

Slayer1514
01-25-2006, 02:34 AM
I would like to know what everyone thinks about a battle between Squall and cloud. who would win? I personaly think that Squall would kick the crap out of Cloud with his lionheart gunblade.

Moon Rabbits
01-25-2006, 03:00 AM
It all depends on where this thread gets posted. Here Squall will win obviously.

Skyblade
01-25-2006, 03:03 AM
They'd be allies, not enemies. Like in KH2...

xtreme112
01-25-2006, 03:04 AM
You could post this in an FFII thread and Cloud would still kick squalls arse

Lets face it, squall sucks, cloud's sword is way cooler and he puts it to better use, while that moron is too busy being pussywhipped by Rinoa

raskerino
01-25-2006, 03:18 AM
That was a well thought out, good argument with many reasons behind deep and meaningful statements xtreme112.

My Analysis goes:
Squall has better training, he was trained to be an elite while Cloud was a grunt soldier. Cloud was boosted by Mako powers (which we can't evaluate) while we know Squall is hugely boosted by GFs. I'll call this even though battle system evidence leads us to believe Squall gets a greater boost. Cloud's FMV achievements are definitely more impressive though. I'd say they both have advantages and are different fighters though I would give Squall an edge.
In-battle:
Squall at 170 speed is about 4x as fast as Cloud at 255. So in his 4 turns he could easily toss himself a hero and cast aura before absolutely destroying. And if it didn't kill Cloud he's in invincible with 4 turns to Cloud's one.
Actually:
a) There in different worlds.
b) Squall fights for a purpose (though it may be as simple as work), I think by the end of the game thiough he wouldn't fight for something he didn't believe in, and as there would be no point in him fighting Cloud I don't think he would.
c) Cloud's easier to see fighting the other as a mercenary but he also develops throughout the game making it again unlikely that they'd fight.
d) So no, they probably wouldn't fight.
e) Your mom.
f) On the other hand there is not much of a chance they'd fight each other alone:
As shown above the battle system hugely favors FFVIII characters.
FFVIII characters also have consistently far more training. The FFVIII characters had the most training in the storyline of any of the later FF (possibly all but I'm not an authority) so they'd be favored in any match. The speed in the battle system also makes them the strongest in a direct comparison so that can be considered accurate.

Winner: No one, or Squall

Noj_R
01-25-2006, 03:40 AM
There is no way they would be fighting eachother, they would be allies. But if they did...Squall would win :cool:

And my reason is...Renzokuken is more powerful than Omnislash. In FF games, I believe a character's most powerful attack reflects how much strength they possess. Renzokuken does 18 hits ( plus Squall's first strike ) as opposed to Cloud's 15 hits.

So if you compare limit breaks Squall is able to dish out more damage, so you could compare that way since normal attacks only go up to 9999 anyway. But if CLoud hit 3 to 4 more times, they would be a match.

This doesnt prove anything though as both games have different fan bases and the majority swings depending on forum position. If this was in a FF7 board, Cloud would win.

I like Squall more than Cloud, but I still like Cloud so...In a perfect world it would be a tie ;)

Slayer1514
01-25-2006, 11:05 PM
I just wanted to know because some of my friends fight about it alot.

Doomie
01-25-2006, 11:11 PM
sefir0th

Future Esthar
01-25-2006, 11:26 PM
It depends on the user who play them(and whom is played).

Bart's Friend Milhouse
01-25-2006, 11:28 PM
well a gunblade wouldn't really hurt Squall would it (he's been struck on the face before) and besides Squall does seem a bit mentally stronger.

EDIT: why did I want to say that?