PDA

View Full Version : I missed the train..

Keglineq
01-25-2006, 01:41 PM
okey dokes, i'm a new member (hi, hello) and this first post is going to make me look really stupid ha ha.

right well i've played ff8 through about 4 times already but it was years ago so i've forgotten a ton of stuff. on disc 1 after you've been in Galbadia garden and you're meant to get the train to Deling City i kinda didn't get the train.. i decided i'd be (not so) smart and run around and gain exp and of course when i returned to the east academy station the train was no longer there.

well my question is, is there another way to get to Deling City? i tried walking but everywhere is blocked off (stupid Galbadia). i went to Timber but no trains were going there. i'm almost sure i did this another time i was playing and somehow got to the city but i can't remember for the life of me. my last alternative save is way back at the Dollet communication tower point of the game so i'd rather not have to go all the way back there.

can anyone help me?!

starseeker
01-25-2006, 05:51 PM
Go into the station again. if not you can walk from Timber, just follow the train line.

a nirvana fan
01-25-2006, 07:14 PM
I didn't know you could miss the train.

Future Esthar
01-25-2006, 10:20 PM
Nor I.

Keglineq
01-26-2006, 01:59 AM
well you can because it's happened again except this time i have no back up so i'll be stuck going alll the way back to the bloody start. that'll teach me not to save when i should..

tried walking the train lines, but like i said, there's trucks in the way and i can't get through.

looks like i'm screwed. thanx for your help anyways!

xtreme112
01-26-2006, 02:31 AM
the train leaves without you!? damn thats harsh

anyway don't bother with exp anyway, by heaps of tents, and change them into curaga's, you'll have uber-strong characters by the start of disc 1

Bart's Friend Milhouse
01-26-2006, 12:38 PM
the train leaves without you!? damn thats harsh

anyway don't bother with exp anyway, by heaps of tents, and change them into curaga's, you'll have uber-strong characters by the start of disc 1

i'd agree with this comment. Level up as least as possible so that when the time comes for you to level up properly (i.e. Disc 3) you can maximize the amount of levels gained and make best use of the Stat Bonus abilities. Say if you manage to reach Disc 3 at level 20 then thats about 80 extra stat points for you Strength when you junction Str Bonus meaning you probably won't have to junction your best magic (eg Meteor or Ultima) or even have to junction Str +60%.
Is there anyway that that makes sense to you lot?

TheSpoonyBard
01-26-2006, 01:13 PM
The train you need is not in Timber. There is a station to the north of Galbadia Garden. Your train is waiting for you there.

Keglineq
01-26-2006, 04:13 PM

pffft.. where's the fun in that? ha ha

TheSpoonyBard
01-26-2006, 04:34 PM
So, Keglineq, did you do as I suggested?

Keglineq
01-27-2006, 04:22 PM
yea i kinda figured it out myself anyways. i was being blind and stupid lol. so yea it ends up my first post did make me look like a retard and miss out on about 6 hrs game play. ah well..