PDA

View Full Version : Pwned

Cruise Control
01-25-2006, 05:06 PM
I got to Zeromus, but I didn't know he was there. I was unprepared, and did a total of 5027 damage.

What preperations should I make, equipment, sidequests, levels, etc.

EDIT: It might help if you knew a bit bout my party.

lord shishio
01-25-2006, 11:00 PM
What level is your party at? When I did it, everyone was on 40, except cecil (99). But that was hard cause he was the only one left halfway through. What I did was resurect a mage, and cast curaja before every "big boom"
As for equiopment, I suggest excalibur for cecil, and the best armor you have.

The Man
01-26-2006, 01:05 AM
You'll probably want your party to be in the mid-fifties, at least - that was the level I found where I was able to beat Zeromus comfortably, as long as I kept using both Rosa and Rydia to heal. (I'm assuming you're NOT playing the American SNES version; that's significantly easier than either the PS version or the translation of the Japanese ROM). I got a couple of the ultimate weapons, but it wasn't really necessary for me to grab them all.

of course, if you're playing with a different party than Cecil/Cain/Rosa/Rydia/Edge as is possible in the recent re-release, it's entirely possible that your experiences will be completely different.

-N-
01-26-2006, 01:07 AM
LV60 is neat because you can cast Meteo for the win.

Have Edge throw the Spoon Dagger and Excalibur. -> Yang sidequest
Have Kain jump all the time.
Have Cecil attack all the time.
Have Rydia summon Bahamut all the time. -> Bahamut sidequest
Have Rosa cast Cure4 all the time.

Yang sidequest: Go back and forth between the Sylph Cave and Yang's wife in Fabul and you'll get it eventually.

Bahamut: Go to the cave on the moon, and fight Bahamut at the end. Cast Wall on everyone so MegaNuke reflects. Have Kain jump.

The Man
01-26-2006, 01:11 AM
iirc, Flare is a lot better than Meteo because it takes a lot less time to cast. Can't remember if you get Flare or Meteo first.

Cruise Control
01-26-2006, 02:01 AM
I'm like 45 with everyone, Cecil, Rose, Edge, Kain, the twin (black mage). The BM has his lunar weapon (which is weird cause I haven't beat the game yet). I have all the weapons from the way to zeromus, and the ribbons on edge and rosa. No spoon or excalibur. 99 Phoenix Downs. I'm out of Artemis Arrows. I don't have grimiores either. Is their a haste on all?

Prancing Mad
01-26-2006, 02:53 AM
By the re-release version, do you mean the psx version? 'cause if that is the case, than that would be amazing, 'cause I didn't know that lol

The Man
01-26-2006, 04:45 AM
nah, I think it was the GBA or something.

-N-
01-26-2006, 06:45 AM
iirc, Flare is a lot better than Meteo because it takes a lot less time to cast. Can't remember if you get Flare or Meteo first.You do get Flare first, and it is better than Meteo (so is Bahamut) because yes, they do take less time to cast, but it's just not the same as casting Meteo for the win, man.

The Man
01-27-2006, 03:22 AM
ah, touché. There is something about casting a spell that spectacular to win a battle, I guess :monster:

Fireblade13
02-13-2006, 08:57 PM
Go meteo the spell that was as epic as Ultima in f2 but without the 5 extra dungeons

Cruise Control
02-13-2006, 09:08 PM
XD I already beat EG, all 9 grimiores, all additional summons (even the gooblinesque ones) and I still don't have meteor.

(CECIL120X
03-07-2006, 11:07 PM
palom should get it around level 50-55 and ridia later...What the yang's sidequest??????