PDA

View Full Version : Runescape

a nirvana fan
01-25-2006, 07:36 PM
So what do all you people think of this game, if you haven't played it, the link is www.runescape.com well I think this game is very sad and is very low detailed and boring, what do other people think?

Rye
01-25-2006, 07:40 PM
Two words: Run. Escape. :p

Though seriously, my brother used to play it obsessively. I gave it a fair trial, and it really didn't catch my interest.

Dreddz
01-25-2006, 07:44 PM
I wanted to see what the fuss was about a few years ago, I couldnt get it to start on my Mac, so I gave up, but seeing that the people playing this stuff anyway are hediots, I dont have any intrest to anymore.....

a nirvana fan
01-25-2006, 08:06 PM

Though seriously, my brother used to play it obsessively. I gave it a fair trial, and it really didn't catch my interest.

Yeah:D

Psydekick
01-25-2006, 08:19 PM
I'm not to sure about it , it's just the graphics spoil it:(

Elite Lord Sigma
01-25-2006, 08:39 PM
I play it every now and then, but I spend most of my time there on the forums. The two things I hate most about it are:

A. Jagex almost never listens to any helpful suggestions.
B. The community is incredibly bad.

I think the graphics are limited by the fact that it's a Java based game.

final-mike
01-25-2006, 09:02 PM
well i used to playing alot but i quit now. Thank god!!!!
I just though the game was too adtictive and it wasn't really that interest of a game but for some reason i played it :confused: and yeah the graphics were crap

I Don't Need A Name
01-25-2006, 09:21 PM
i used to play it. i hate it though! its AWFUL!

Old Manus
01-25-2006, 09:34 PM
Just to summarize

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/oldmanus/delmurder.png

Captain Maxx Power
01-25-2006, 10:09 PM
...beh. For kicks I tried being a travelling bard. I'd stand by town exits and sing/dance/tell tales for entertainment. I gained nothing from it. Worst MMOG experience ever.

Epiphany
01-25-2006, 11:40 PM
I played. & I was a MEMBER for quite awhile. The community did suck a lot of butt, and it was just to kill boredom.

kikimm
01-26-2006, 02:15 AM
I think I played it for like, a half hour or something before I stopped. I couldn't figure out how to cook the fish or something, and I figured it wasn't worth it to find out anyways.

Markus. D
01-26-2006, 02:21 AM
A friend of mine keeps tempting me to give it another go... it only takes 5 seconds for me to log off again.

crap crap crap crap crap crap crap.

edit: it hooked me the first time I played though... my first online adventure.

Auron Rules
01-27-2006, 04:43 PM
I think it is great for a while then somtimes not

Necron
01-27-2006, 05:13 PM
The reason the graphics are so rubbish is probably because you don't HAVE to pay for the game. It is free to play :)

Markus. D
01-28-2006, 04:40 AM
yeah... then they give you the whole, this place is locked off to the rich 8 year olds who give us there credit details (also known as, your soul, MAUAHAHAHA!!).

Edit: also necron, Silk Road Online is forever free, and the graphics are blissfull.

Mo-Nercy
01-28-2006, 12:28 PM
MY LINE!! ;__;

The only fun thing you can do in Runescape is close doors as people open them and try to go in. :p

roxy
01-31-2006, 01:39 AM
Its adictive. I hate it.

Sir_Auron
02-17-2006, 08:06 PM
Hmm, I Just Couldn't Get Into It, I Found It Very Sucky.

Dragonfire
02-21-2006, 07:59 AM
i play it for like a month or so... then quit ... then some months or over a year later i start again... i just keep picking it up when I'm bored with everthing else.

as for graphics... well ya it's a java game. not much they can do. though they are redoing the graphics a bit to make it easier on the eyes, and overall more appealing.

right now, I play it alot (mostly at night)... simply to past the time after work and after my girlfriend goes to sleep.

anyone that has quit playing and didn't give away your stuff... PM or e-mail me at xdragonx425@aol.com if you wouldn't mind giving me your unused account(s). because the game is boring and tedious when you're building up, cause you need good items and lots of gold before you can do anything somewhat fun and especially before you give Jagex money to be a pay 2 play member. I wanna get all the best f2p items and equip... and then play as a member for like a month or two(it's like $5 a month) to do all XP quests and gain tons more gold, then go back to f2p.

Obsidian
02-22-2006, 01:07 AM
I played it a long time ago, and hated it.

Then, not too long ago, I was playing World of Warcraft on my laptop at the public library, and two stuttering 11 year olds start looming behind me...

11 year old #1: omg wut b that??
11 year old #2: i dunno lookz liek a ROONSCAPE ripoff lololol

I just enjoyed the art of their exchange without bothering to turn around.

Pheesh
02-22-2006, 01:31 AM
Brian_The_Pink_Shark: runescape is the suckiest of all of them tho
Innes: Besides the way Stanima works.
Innes: Like 40 a day.
eternal_essence: RS is not a real game...it is satans premature ejaculation
Brian_The_Pink_Shark: best analagy ive ever heard ee
* Brian_The_Pink_Shark gives ee an award
Innes: Haha.
Innes: Runescape it full of retarded 9 year olds =[
Brian_The_Pink_Shark: describes rs's suckiest justly
eternal_essence: that are incredibly loud at lans
eternal_essence: they're like "You're a f***ing rs newb" at each other...then their mums come to pick them up
Brian_The_Pink_Shark: hey ee what ever happened to the eoff bible?
Innes Rofl!

that should sum it up.

Markus. D
02-22-2006, 02:00 AM
I played it a long time ago, and hated it.

Then, not too long ago, I was playing World of Warcraft on my laptop at the public library, and two stuttering 11 year olds start looming behind me...

11 year old #1: omg wut b that??
11 year old #2: i dunno lookz liek a ROONSCAPE ripoff lololol

I just enjoyed the art of their exchange without bothering to turn around.

xD

AdVincent
02-22-2006, 04:11 AM
It was a guilty pleasure...

Rengori
02-22-2006, 04:33 AM
I'm still at level 3, it never was fun enough to play for more than a minute.

lord shishio
02-22-2006, 11:09 PM
Its good if your poor, like me.

Awrini
03-01-2006, 08:41 AM
Was better without the 3D... I hate Runescape.

Pheesh
03-02-2006, 08:23 AM
Was better without the 3D... I hate Runescape.

that's what i think. I've seen some screens of the 2d cartoon version and it least then it looked like it had a style. Now it just looks like a crappy 3d game.

Stay Super
GG

Markus. D
03-02-2006, 09:01 AM
you know what,

Maple Story is the only good free MMORPG....

Giga Guess
03-02-2006, 01:52 PM
Oy vey....that's just.......bad.

Old Manus
03-02-2006, 02:18 PM
Just to summarize:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/oldmanus/noob.jpg

Markus. D
03-02-2006, 02:43 PM
hahaha!

Old Manus plays RS o_0?

Old Manus
03-02-2006, 03:11 PM
Hell yeah I do every day. I powerlevelled my pure pk account which I bought off ebay so I had uber str an atk but 1 def cause I am pure then I sold rune pl8 for 400k and bought full magi (g) with r2h. There was this noob who was 2 lvls below me so I pwned him in wildy with combo of teleblock and melee r2h and he thought I was macroing so he reported me and I got a message saying stop totally pwning noobs cause they are just kids and want their fun. So I replied 'lo0k b!tch. i r an ub3rpwner i put hrs ov train into this acnt so dont try n ban me cause i pay'd $300 in advanse 4 10yr membrship so i can b top of highscore.' This shut them up so I continued pwning noobs cause they were disrespecting me and then I looted their bodies for their stuff and then sent 100 messages to each of them saying how much I had pwned them with my ub3r range. Then I got hacked by a noob so I logged onto my main and pwned him

Jess
03-02-2006, 04:22 PM
Hell yeah I do every day. I powerlevelled my pure pk account which I bought off ebay so I had uber str an atk but 1 def cause I am pure then I sold rune pl8 for 400k and bought full magi (g) with r2h. There was this noob who was 2 lvls below me so I pwned him in wildy with combo of teleblock and melee r2h and he thought I was macroing so he reported me and I got a message saying stop totally pwning noobs cause they are just kids and want their fun. So I replied 'lo0k b!tch. i r an ub3rpwner i put hrs ov train into this acnt so dont try n ban me cause i pay'd $300 in advanse 4 10yr membrship so i can b top of highscore.' This shut them up so I continued pwning noobs cause they were disrespecting me and then I looted their bodies for their stuff and then sent 100 messages to each of them saying how much I had pwned them with my ub3r range. Then I got hacked by a noob so I logged onto my main and pwned him
so it was u hu killed me?

I H@TE YOU!"£$"£"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad2:

Seriously though, no runescape for me. :cool:

Old Manus
03-02-2006, 08:24 PM
so it was u hu killed me?

I H@TE YOU!"£$"£"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad2:
ye u wer easy noob

Markus. D
03-03-2006, 12:07 PM
lik gld plz? i n00b

*says word incorrectily and allows my sentance to turn into a giant swear word*

Vivi123
03-10-2006, 01:55 AM
So what do all you people think of this game, if you haven't played it, the link is www.runescape.com well I think this game is very sad and is very low detailed and boring, what do other people think?

You just don't play it than.

Markus. D
03-10-2006, 02:24 AM
people who play runescape havent clicked on my sig :\

edit: lets hope they dont...