PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Elections

SoulTaker*
01-25-2006, 07:38 PM
Guessing that Hillary Clinton and John McCain are the leading candidates who would you vote for if the 2008 elections were held today?

I cant decide, I dont usually like Republicans but I like McCain for some reason, McCain is very moderate, so moderate in fact that he was rumored to be a running mate with John Kerry, but Bush propaganda put a end to that.

Hillary is wife to the greatest president ever, so she gets points for that.

escobert
01-25-2006, 07:50 PM
McCain

a nirvana fan
01-25-2006, 07:54 PM
I don't really give a crap about elections.

edczxcvbnm
01-25-2006, 08:09 PM

I may like Bill but NO! Not even CLOSE!

I would vote for Dean. I like Dean. He says crazy stuff and I agree with that crazy stuff :D

eestlinc
01-25-2006, 08:10 PM
Getting a little ahead of ourselves here...I wouldn't put money on either of those being the main party nominees in 2008. I think you should focus on the 2006 EoFF Elections first. Look for those in a week or so.

escobert
01-25-2006, 08:17 PM
BAoTW ftw

Jebus
01-25-2006, 08:34 PM
I may like Bill but NO! Not even CLOSE!

I would vote for Dean. I like Dean. He says crazy stuff and I agree with that crazy stuff :D

*nods*

But if it's just those two choices, then McCain.

<3 McCain

Raistlin
01-25-2006, 08:56 PM
I check the "anyone but Hillary" box. With the subtext "unless it's Rice, and then I shoot myself."

Giga Guess
01-25-2006, 09:41 PM

Wait, Hillary is a WOMAN?!

-N-
01-25-2006, 10:09 PM
2008? Isn't that in over two years?
Cool your jets, Starsky, focus on what you're going to eat for dinner today.

Shlup
01-25-2006, 10:38 PM
I like McCain, and Hillary is the antichrist. Wouldn't be a tough one this time around.

Rye
01-25-2006, 10:41 PM
I don't even know McCain, but Hillary scares me, so no to her. And haha, I just realised, I'll actually be able to vote in those elections, I'll be 18. :p

Resha
01-25-2006, 10:42 PM
...why does everyone hate Hillary so much? I have never understood that. She's Bill's wife; surely her policies can't be that different from his, can they? Bill Clinton was fantastic (imho! :D). So..?

Rengori
01-25-2006, 10:43 PM
I check the "anyone but Hillary" box. With the subtext "unless it's Rice, and then I shoot myself."
Sexy McAwesome Raistlin stole my answer.

Psychotic
01-25-2006, 10:56 PM
Oh, so Hillary is the one we're going to get 10,000 threads in EotW (It'll be brought back just to keep the anti-Hillary threads away from intelligent discussion) whining about in a few years time?

All the same, if I were American, I'd vote McCain. Or I'd waste my vote on the Libertarians.

-N-
01-25-2006, 11:05 PM
Thinking about the elections makes immigrating to New Zealand a tantalizing prospect.

Raistlin
01-25-2006, 11:18 PM
All the same, if I were American, I'd vote McCain. Or I'd waste my vote on the Libertarians.
:love:

eestlinc
01-25-2006, 11:20 PM
I wouldn't be so quick to trust McCain. He has a habit of changing his tune to try to please others. Of course, most politicians do, but McCain has cultivated an image of a straight shooter, which is humorous.

Raistlin
01-25-2006, 11:25 PM
I don't know how much of <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McCain">this</a> is accurate, but a lot of that made me not like McCain.

But still, he's better than Hillary.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-25-2006, 11:28 PM
Hillary is pretty insane, and it's most likely only a matter of time before one of her wacky comments turns off a ton of people and dooms her eligibility for candidacy the same way Dean's shot was ended the instant he let out the Dean Scream. And even if that doesn't happen, the Democratic Party isn't in a strong enough position to rationally attempt to put forth such an avant-garde candidate as a woman. They're hurting so bad that they need to play it safe and pander to the mainstream if they want to stand a chance.

I'm pretty sure I'm down with McCain. It'd be pretty all right if he were to run again.

NeoCracker
01-25-2006, 11:43 PM
Mcain Seems better than bush, that gives him a few points.

SoulTaker*
01-26-2006, 01:27 AM
Getting a little ahead of ourselves here...I wouldn't put money on either of those being the main party nominees in 2008. I think you should focus on the 2006 EoFF Elections first. Look for those in a week or so.
Actually McCain is a very real possibility, he is viewed as the leading candidate in the next primary, the Republicans are loosing a foot hold in this country, and they need a candidate that is very popular with everyone, tax cuts for people making under 70,000 a year and voted against biulding an aircraft carrier instead using the money to 12,000 enlisted families on food stamps. Not very Republicy if you ask me. Im excited because I see a light at the end of the tunnel for this country no matter if a Dem or Rep wins. Anybody but Bush.

And Hillary is a long shot, but I would like to see how woman might handle being president, maybe less fighting and more negotiating, in poll done by USA today done in December 41% of Democrates in the United States saw her a legit candidate, compared to something like 20% in May.

Madame Adequate
01-26-2006, 01:59 AM

Hold on.

You've got the same basic politics as me, too?

Goddamn. We have to get to know each other.

Anyways, I don't know, because I don't know much about either of them. However, given Clinton's attitude towards videogames, she's not got a lot of my support right now. Having said that, it would at least be a new thing to have a woman president.

Edit: Just skimmed over the link Raist posted, and I have to say, I'm starting to like the guy.

Meat Puppet
01-26-2006, 02:52 AM
Go Pack!

Chemical
01-26-2006, 12:52 PM
I'd vote for Hillary Clinton.

Technically I'm Canadian but since we just elected in a Conservative Government I won't be too surprised when we actually do become the newest state.

I'd probably choose Hillary because from what I'm aware of she's brought about great positive change in NY and if anyone can fix that /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif hole up then that reason enough for me to vote.

I'd also like to see a female president.

Speaking of female presidents there were 3 female presidents elected into presidency (or the equivalent there of) in the world pretty darn recently.

Chile, Zambia .... and... Australia? (I'm guessing with Australia but I think that's so.)

And thus the global domination ensues.

Resha
01-26-2006, 12:54 PM
Germany, methinks. Merkel. Yay, someone else who'd vote for Hillary? *doesn't feel so alone*. John Howard is the aussie PM.

Dignified Pauper
01-26-2006, 01:19 PM
Barak Obama, Democratic Senator (more moderate really) from Illinois.

If he ran, I'm positive that he would win. He's an electrifying speaker, is very political and has a great sense of governing prowess as well as a sense to do what the people need rather than what they or his party want. He's simply amazing

If Hillary ran, I don't know. Women are very catty and I really don't want her to get ticked off and start nuking other countries for saying she has bad hair.

Seriously though, Hillary isn't a bad person, or a bad politician. I don't see why nobody likes her. Sure, she may be more liberal than others, but she's not all that bad. A lot of her policies actually make sense, could work, and could save on a fiscal budget, however, she has NOTHING on Barak Obama.

Loony BoB
01-26-2006, 01:20 PM
Lots of names being thrown out and the odd accusation of a candidate being crazy. I guess it's not surprising that Bush won last time if this is how you guys let each other know about candidates. ;) I'd be interested in knowing if there are any actual, you know, policies that a candidate would win you over with or something. Rather than "Dude, he's crazy!"

Dignified Pauper
01-26-2006, 01:23 PM
once again, BARAK OBAMA IS ELECTRIFYING!

NeoCracker
01-26-2006, 01:43 PM
Screw them all. Guliani for President! And YEs, i spelt that wrong.

Chemical
01-26-2006, 01:51 PM
You should elect Opera, she pretty much owns your country anways.

Dignified Pauper
01-26-2006, 01:59 PM
Oprah is the devil

http://static.flickr.com/13/16337508_6d4f342c5c_m.jpg

fire_of_avalon
01-26-2006, 02:19 PM
Oprah? I hate Oprah.

Anyway, Hillary hasn't really initiated much policy change for NY. The city cleanup was initiated by Guliani throughout his mayoral career and is now carried on by Bloomberg. I'm sure Clinton has done a lot to help maintain the level of peace the city has, but I wouldn't go so far as attributing it all to her. She keeps her eyes mainly on the national level.

I would not vote for Hillary Clinton for the presidency, because I don't believe any of her policies are really her own, nor do I believe she's her own woman. She's constructed herself into a bizarre extremist based around many of societies negative stereotypes of the independent, strong woman, and has basically ended up a bitch. The only credit I can give to her is her ability to stand strong during a time of terrible public embarrassment.

I would vote for McCain because his past policies (of fiscal conservativism and social liberalism) are those closest to what I believe a country, any country, needs in order to thrive.

Miriel
01-26-2006, 08:38 PM
I like Oprah.

But more the presidency I like McCain more. Dude is funny.

Levian
01-26-2006, 08:59 PM
I hope the power rangers win. Well except for the yellow one, cus she got cancer and died.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-26-2006, 09:14 PM
Lots of names being thrown out and the odd accusation of a candidate being crazy. I guess it's not surprising that Bush won last time if this is how you guys let each other know about candidates. ;) I'd be interested in knowing if there are any actual, you know, policies that a candidate would win you over with or something. Rather than "Dude, he's crazy!"http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

Rengori
01-26-2006, 10:36 PM
You should elect Opera, she pretty much owns your country anways.
Only a majority of women and wierd men. And it's spelled Oprah. Not Opera.

Yamaneko
01-27-2006, 12:29 AM
I'm going to abstain from the democratic process until I see a candidate that promises to institute a random bloodbath of sorts. Just anyone really.

The Man
01-27-2006, 04:56 AM
WesLY Clark plz. Russ Feingold would be acceptable as well.

eestlinc
01-27-2006, 05:28 AM
Oprah? I hate Oprah.

Anyway, Hillary hasn't really initiated much policy change for NY. The city cleanup was initiated by Guliani throughout his mayoral career and is now carried on by Bloomberg. I'm sure Clinton has done a lot to help maintain the level of peace the city has, but I wouldn't go so far as attributing it all to her. She keeps her eyes mainly on the national level.

I would not vote for Hillary Clinton for the presidency, because I don't believe any of her policies are really her own, nor do I believe she's her own woman. She's constructed herself into a bizarre extremist based around many of societies negative stereotypes of the independent, strong woman, and has basically ended up a bitch. The only credit I can give to her is her ability to stand strong during a time of terrible public embarrassment.

I would vote for McCain because his past policies (of fiscal conservativism and social liberalism) are those closest to what I believe a country, any country, needs in order to thrive.

McCain is not a social liberal. He's just not a Christian Fundamentalist. McCain likes to speak against Bush and company, but he always comes around to toe the party line when needed.

Hillary Clinton is not extreme. She has done a lot of work for upstate New York, which is a lot different from NY city. She's done a lot for widespread broadband access across the state, for example. I don't really want her to run because I don't like political dynasties and a Bush-Clinton-Bush-Clinton succession would be really sad. But I like Hillary ok. It's sad that any woman with ambition and drive is always labeled as a bitch.

And the Dean Scream was totally contrived.

Maybe Al Gore will run again. He's totally the best statesman around right now.

The Man
01-27-2006, 05:31 AM
The Dean Scream is one example I often cite of how the corporatocracy destroys anyone who opposes it. However, it very well may have made him unelectable, and it is for this reason that he is not my top choice. (I also believe he's doing far more good as DNC chair than he would as president, anyway, but we'll see whether I'm right in November).

And Hillary Clinton is definitely not an extremist. In fact, I would strongly question the liberality of anyone who supports putting restrictions on video game sales, as Hillary does.

?????
01-27-2006, 09:43 AM
I hope the power rangers win. Well except for the yellow one, cus she got cancer and died.

Actually, it was a car crash a few days before 9/11. Amy Jo Johnson and David Yost were present at the funeral, and an episode of Time Force was dedicated to the memory of Thuy Trang.

My most realistic choice for president would probably be McCain. Right now, there's no one on the liberal spectrum I harbor more distaste for than Hillary, partially due to the Jack Thompson fiascos. In the unlikely case that McCain doesn't run, I'm voting for Zordon. He may not know anything about the economy, but he has a kickass foreign policy.

boris no no
01-27-2006, 10:04 AM
pah, I misread the topic to me 2006 elections and thinking that it was the eoff ones *cries* ;___; hurry them up!
Anyways...*laughs at America* :cool: