PDA

View Full Version : Java Junkies of the world unite!

Giga Guess
01-25-2006, 09:15 PM
You Know You Drink Too Much Coffee When:

~You answer the door before people knock.
~Juan Valdez named his donkey after you.
~You ski uphill.
~You get a speeding ticket when you're parked.
~You speed walk in your sleep.
~You haven't blinked since the last lunar eclipse.
~You just completed another sweater. And you don't know how to knit.
~You grind your coffee beans in your mouth.
~You sleep with your eyes open.
~You have to watch videos in fast-forward.
~The only time you're standing still is during an earthquake.
~You lick the coffee pot clean.
~You're the employee of the month at the local coffee shop. And you don't even work there.
~You've worn out your third pair of tennis shoes this week.
~Your eyes stay open when you sneeze.
~You chew on other people's fingernails.
~The nurse needs a scientific calculator to take your pulse.
~Your T-shirt says: Decaf is the Devil's Blend!
~You're so jittery, people use your hands to blend their margaritas.
~You can type sixty words a minute....with your feet.
~You can jump start your car without booster cables.
~The only source of nutrients you have is Sweet and Low.
~You don't sweat...you percolate.
~You've worn out the handle on your favorite mug.
~You go to AA meetings for the free coffee.
~You walk twenty miles on your treadmill before you realize it's not plugged in.
~You forget to unwrap candy bars before eating them.
~You've built a miniature city out of Stir Stix.
~People get dizzy watching you.
~You've worn the finish off of the coffee table.
~The Taster's Choice couple wants to adopt you.

Old Manus
01-25-2006, 09:19 PM
~You start to dislike coffee

Giga Guess
01-25-2006, 09:21 PM
BAH! Impossible.

Zeldy
01-25-2006, 09:23 PM
Coffee is foul

Giga Guess
01-25-2006, 09:26 PM
That's why I drink it with tons of suger. Caffeine high AND a suger rush! Two pronged attack!

Shoeberto
01-25-2006, 09:28 PM
I prefer C++. Java is too bloated.

Samuraid
01-25-2006, 09:29 PM
Oh. :(
I thought this thread would be about Java (http://java.sun.com/).

Little Jane
01-26-2006, 12:28 AM

me too...:confused:

mooglebunni608
01-26-2006, 12:32 AM
I hate coffee it tastes awfull!!!!
wich is why i load it with sugar. and honey. And don't forget the lard!

Slade
01-26-2006, 03:10 AM
My god this is the single best thread this year! I almost fell off my damn seat with laughter! (But it has wheels so this was prevented) The funniest thing is, I'm guilty for all of them :greenie:
Yes, I am a coffee junky, and I'm PROUD!

Dr Unne
01-26-2006, 03:56 AM

And I had Perl ready to spam into this thread and everything. :(

I hate coffee though. Tea is better. Green.

ffxfreak93
01-26-2006, 04:12 AM
wtf are you talking about?
coffee is frickin awsome!!

Markus. D
01-26-2006, 07:52 AM
when you dance the maccabre and accidently chop you're leg off.

when you have Yuna's babies.

When you know how to play the simpsons theme on your Ocarina.

When you find out you are made of Materia.

when you purposely screw up your trappasin's skill build.

Resha
01-26-2006, 11:51 AM
Coffee is my only saviour.

What can I say? It's like a little cup of life-energy whenever I drink it. I survive school because of it! :love:

Giga Guess
01-26-2006, 12:47 PM

What can I say? It's like a little cup of life-energy whenever I drink it. I survive school because of it! :love:

Thanks to the miracle of caffeine, I have a building full of people fooled into thinking I'm a morning person.

Loony BoB
01-26-2006, 01:22 PM
Is green tea actually green?

I don't like coffee or tea. I have cup'a'soups and hot chocolate.

EDIT: Yeah, I thought this would be about the programming stuff too. I don't even know why 'Java' is in the title of this. Is there a coffee company in Java?

Resha
01-26-2006, 02:23 PM
Thanks to the miracle of caffeine, I have a building full of people fooled into thinking I'm a morning person.
Exactly! Thanks to coffee, I have the ability to take exams without dying, and look sufficiently alive generally for people to not point and stare. *high fives* I'm totally a morning person. :shifty:

BoB, green tea is green! It's kind of...an olive green, the greener the stronger, I suppose. Delicious stuff. Especially cold. :love:

Isn't Java the stuff coffee is made from? Like...java beans or something like that. *unsure*

SammieBabe
01-26-2006, 04:35 PM

Ditto. Except the school part. Change that to work...:D

Loony BoB
01-26-2006, 05:43 PM
Isn't Java the stuff coffee is made from? Like...java beans or something like that. *unsure*
I think coffee is made out of coffee beans.

yunafan11
01-26-2006, 05:44 PM
I like coffee ice cream... mmmm. lol.

Xaven
01-26-2006, 07:37 PM
Yes, I adore coffee. 'Specially Starbucks coffee! After all, caffeine is the source of life itself.

Java typically refers to coffee and coffee shops for those of you who are confused.

Samuraid
01-26-2006, 07:38 PM
Now that's more like it. :D

Momiji
01-27-2006, 02:57 AM
Yes, I adore coffee. 'Specially Starbucks coffee! After all, caffeine is the source of life itself.

Java typically refers to coffee and coffee shops for those of you who are confused.

I agree fully with the Starbucks opinion. ^_^

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
01-27-2006, 03:11 AM
I love coffee :hyper:

Yamaneko
01-27-2006, 03:57 AM
I hate the VM, but garbage collection is pretty cool I guess.

Samuraid
01-27-2006, 04:03 AM
It's really slow. At least as far as C/C++ memory management speed is concerned.

Dr Unne
01-27-2006, 04:49 AM
It's really slow. At least as far as C/C++ memory management speed is concerned.

I agree Java is slow, but not for the reason you gave. The loss of a few CPU cycles is worth it for sane memory management (among other things). If you aren't writing an OS or device driver or something ridiculously CPU-intensive, you don't need C as far as I'm concerned. Being able to play with pointers isn't worth it when you're sitting around for weeks debugging segfaults and array bounds overflows and memory leaks.

Programming languages are meant for people to read. Straight binary is really really fast compared to C, but no human can understand it. Java takes forever to read and write, from my memory of using it in college, which is why I think it's slow. One too many NullInsaneRabidMonkeyBoundsExceptions, almost drove me out of my mind.

eestlinc
01-27-2006, 04:53 AM
Java is an island in Indonesia. They grow coffee there, thus coffee is sometimes referred to as java. I don't drink the stuff, personally. I also think you should not be allowed to add sugar or cream or anything to coffee. Drink it black or not at all.

ffxfreak93
01-27-2006, 05:23 AM
c-cc-cof-ff--coffee!!!:excited:

Samuraid
01-27-2006, 07:25 AM
I agree Java is slow, but not for the reason you gave. The loss of a few CPU cycles is worth it for sane memory management (among other things). If you aren't writing an OS or device driver or something ridiculously CPU-intensive, you don't need C as far as I'm concerned. Being able to play with pointers isn't worth it when you're sitting around for weeks debugging segfaults and array bounds overflows and memory leaks.

Programming languages are meant for people to read. Straight binary is really really fast compared to C, but no human can understand it. Java takes forever to read and write, from my memory of using it in college, which is why I think it's slow. One too many NullInsaneRabidMonkeyBoundsExceptions, almost drove me out of my mind.
I'll agree that Java is a much safer language. However, I still stand by the fact that garbage collection is slow and takes a lot more than a few extra CPU cycles.

boris no no
01-27-2006, 10:23 AM

wuss ;)

I don't drink much coffee, drank so much during college I think I have coffee beans as Kidneys :cool:
On tea now. I can't get through the day without at least 4-6 cups :D

Levian
01-27-2006, 11:48 AM
Coffee tastes and smells horrible. Kissing a person who has just drunk coffee is grosser than kissing a person who has just taken a smoke imo.

Giga Guess
01-27-2006, 01:18 PM
Coffee tastes and smells horrible. Kissing a person who has just drunk coffee is grosser than kissing a person who has just taken a smoke imo.

C'mere hon....:love:

Levian
01-27-2006, 01:34 PM
http://www.pieandcoffee.org/wp-content/no_war_on_sally.jpg

This girl will be deported back to wherever the hell she came from if you come any further.