PDA

View Full Version : who is the toughest boss?

Bart's Friend Milhouse
01-25-2006, 11:24 PM
sorry if this has already been discussed but I'm quite new here
Just want all of you to post me with who you thought the toughest boss was and why

Shin Gouken
01-26-2006, 12:08 AM
pffft they are all easy if you prepare right and know what you are up against. Know thy enemy :) theres no reason to lose to anything twice (three times max)

Who is the most "hardcore" boss :cool: that would be shinryu or omega. Its a tie because they are very different bosses and a clear winner is N/A

emerald and ruby just don't cut it for me. But thats more to do with the poor materia system where you can abuse it to become pretty much invincible

Omega weapon is right up there. But again, FFVIII allowed you to abuse limit breaks which made this too easy

Moon Rabbits
01-26-2006, 01:08 AM
Emerald = easy. Ruby = slightly harder but still not overly difficult

Omega of VIII is hard. Shinryu of V is hard, Necrophobe isn't so much.
Of 4 I remember one of the bosses to get an ultimate weapon difficult...i forget what its called though.

Omega of V is REALLY really REALLY hard.

All the dragons of FFVI were varying levels of difficulty...i had trouble with the brown one in the opera house.

Chaos was hard in FFI. Bahamut in III can't be killed :D

IX had Ozma, hard, but not tooooo much.

All the bosses in the Arena of X were varying difficulty levels. The ones that deal 9999+ damage with each attack piss me off.

Overall they're all different depending on the person, game, and characters. They all prove different challenges...to hard to decide.

Oh and X-Death's first form (still a tree...ish) has an attack called White Hole. MOST ANNOYING THING EVER. Petrify and death!

Remon
01-26-2006, 11:54 AM
Vegnagun FFx2 LOL:lol:

Alexander
01-26-2006, 12:15 PM
Ozma. At Level One.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
01-26-2006, 12:43 PM
i had seriously problems with that Thing in the Wall at the Ancient Pyramid.
i had to use all my Final Fantasy experience to pull off a gutsy win otherwise I would have been stuck there for good

yuno
01-26-2006, 01:18 PM
Emerald = easy. Ruby = slightly harder but still not overly difficult
huh?emerald=easy,yes,but ruby=slightly harder?ruby is much much MUCH easier than emerald.it's all about knowing what to do...

i think omega (ffv) is ultimate.encircle is powerful.after one or two tries,i never died again,but the amount of returns (time magic) i used cannot be counted.

Neco Arc
01-26-2006, 01:28 PM
Omega of V is REALLY really REALLY hard.

http://www.videogamesprites.net/FinalFantasy5/Bosses/47%20-%20Omega.gif

Fear him!!!

Moon Rabbits
01-26-2006, 01:48 PM
Omega's Atomic Ray = DEATH WITH NO FIRE RINGS.

Yeah, I'd say Omega tops them all.

yuno
01-26-2006, 04:37 PM
omega's encircle = irresurectible death whatever ur equips are lol!^_^

a nirvana fan
01-26-2006, 05:47 PM
Probably Penance from FFX

Lost Number
01-26-2006, 06:15 PM
Penance without BHpL.

MetaphysicalManifestation
01-26-2006, 06:22 PM
Actually, Penance is still pretty easy without Break HP Limit...

Ozma, Omega and Shinryu are probably the hardest.

TheSpoonyBard
01-26-2006, 06:48 PM
Shinryu (FFX) is easy. Just use Zanmato. [/GameFAQs joke]

There are no difficult bosses if you prepare properly. However, I will say that Dark Anima in NSG is the hardest boss I know of. She remains unbeaten without the use of Zanmato.

yunafan11
01-26-2006, 06:51 PM
All Bosses are easy to me... muhahahhahaha. *pulls out odin* hahahahah. lol.

01-26-2006, 06:54 PM
Shinryu (FFX) is easy. Just use Zanmato. [/GameFAQs joke]

There are no difficult bosses if you prepare properly. However, I will say that Dark Anima in NSG is the hardest boss I know of. She remains unbeaten without the use of Zanmato.
I was actually talking about Shinryu in FFV, who is a pain in the arse if you don't have Dragon Lances.

Dark Anime really isn't that hard, her low luck is her downfall.

yunafan11
01-26-2006, 06:55 PM
LOL. In final fantasy v there is yojimbo? confused... lol.

TheSpoonyBard
01-26-2006, 06:55 PM
I said she's undefeated in an NSG game. This means you cannot use the Sphere Grid to increase the characters' stats.

yunafan11
01-26-2006, 06:56 PM
okay... lol.

01-26-2006, 07:02 PM
I said she's undefeated in an NSG game. This means you cannot use the Sphere Grid to increase the characters' stats.
Oh sorry. For some reason I assumed that NSG stood for ‘international version’. Looking back…that really doesn’t make any sense at all…

yunafan11
01-26-2006, 07:03 PM
i think i'm confused again. lol.

Shin Gouken
01-26-2006, 07:08 PM
LOL. In final fantasy v there is yojimbo? confused... lol.

He's just a basic enemy, nothing special. Though rarely he may drop the all amazing strato blade :)

I was actually talking about Shinryu in FFV, who is a pain in the arse if you don't have Dragon Lances.

pffft you can kill the bugger in one turn BEFORE his initial tidal wave attack. He is one of the more difficult bosses, but if you want an easy victory, just use your abilities to their fullest. Don't spend needless hours searching for weapons you plan to use just once just to own shinryu, not when you can do it faster and better without them :)

omega's encircle = irresurectible death whatever ur equips are lol!^_^

Counter with time magic - return :greenie:

What

the

Fook!!!!

What level did you fight him? How were you equiped? Omega's Atom ray has never ever ever ever inflicted more than half my HP and i beat him on level 40.

yunafan11
01-26-2006, 07:11 PM
Oh okay thanks. lol.

yuno
01-27-2006, 07:45 AM
Counter with time magic - return
i did that (see previous posts).but the point is,return does not resurrect you.it simply restarts the battle,some kinda soft reset without having to go through all that intro and stuff.

Shin Gouken
01-27-2006, 09:49 AM
i did that (see previous posts).but the point is,return does not resurrect you.it simply restarts the battle,some kinda soft reset without having to go through all that intro and stuff.

Yeah, no doubt, it's definitley the most annoying attack in the game. That and whiteball

yuno
01-27-2006, 10:34 AM
Yeah, no doubt, it's definitley the most annoying attack in the game. That and whiteball
im annoyed by encircle,too.you know,i have been thinking.why am i not annoyed with sneeze (ffvi), snort (ffix) and the "tail attack" of midgar zolom (ffvii) if those things do basically the same thing that encircle does?

hmmmmm...

Shin Gouken
01-27-2006, 10:39 AM
im annoyed by encircle,too.you know,i have been thinking.why am i not annoyed with sneeze (ffvi), snort (ffix) and the "tail attack" of midgar zolom (ffvii) if those things do basically the same thing that encircle does?

hmmmmm...

When the druids use encircle, it's just a random battle so no probs. Alta roit can be beserked to stop him using it. So it's really just the battle against omega when it's annoying. He uses it as a counter attack so every hit you make on him there is a chance of permenantley losing a character >:[

Don't forget Quicksand from ruby :mad:

Alexander
01-27-2006, 12:48 PM

Well I've never seen Dark Anima (or any Dark Aeon at all x.x) or a NSG game, but...

If you can pump up Aeons (it is NSG, not NS), you could still win, right? @_@ even if not, you could mix Hyper Mighty G like crazy to have Auto-Life. Forgive me if I am being dumb, but why, exactly, is Dark Anima impossible in NSG?

yuno
01-27-2006, 12:57 PM
When the druids use encircle, it's just a random battle so no probs. Alta roit can be beserked to stop him using it. So it's really just the battle against omega when it's annoying. He uses it as a counter attack so every hit you make on him there is a chance of permenantley losing a character >:[

Don't forget Quicksand from ruby
ah!that's right!im annoyed because it's a smurfin' counterattack.i remember now.

and forgive my memory.it usually forgets ruby weapon.wasnt really difficult and memorable...

Awesomeman
01-27-2006, 08:53 PM
I see most of you put other people down if they think a boss is hard and you don't. So if you want to make fun of me, be my guest. I thought the hardest boss was Necron(IX).

Shin Gouken
01-27-2006, 10:34 PM
I see most of you put other people down if they think a boss is hard and you don't. So if you want to make fun of me, be my guest. I thought the hardest boss was Necron(IX).

I havn't played IX, but like i'd do that :rolleyes2

Dell
02-06-2006, 11:20 AM
i thought the hardess boss to be ruby, cause he have lots annoying move such as quicksand (my hades always miss). try to beat him without even lucky seven or Kotr. challenge you all.

yuno
02-06-2006, 01:26 PM
i thought the hardess boss to be ruby, cause he have lots annoying move such as quicksand (my hades always miss). try to beat him without even lucky seven or Kotr. challenge you all.
this is one of those things that are easier DONE than SAID.real easy.i use dazers everytime.never misses.after that,all i need would be my 4xcut.i dont even use limits.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
02-06-2006, 02:16 PM
he counters with Ultima (which is my problem)
and there is seems to be some sort of limit in my game preventing me from summoning Kotr more than 5 times.
Plus i don't get understand ATB properly so I can't make best use out of that system

yuno
02-06-2006, 03:10 PM
he counters with Ultima (which is my problem)
that is exactly why i use DAZERS.

and there is seems to be some sort of limit in my game preventing me from summoning Kotr more than 5 times.
that is how the summon materia works.you can cast a summon x times,where x is equal to the materia level.only the master summon materia allows infinite casting of summons.im quite surprised some people dont know how summon materia works.

Plus i don't get understand ATB properly so I can't make best use out of that system
what aspect of it do you not understand?

Bart's Friend Milhouse
02-06-2006, 03:16 PM
what aspect of it do you not understand?

what i mean is how does it work.
i.e. when your time gauge fills up to it's maximum and your battle options are displayed. Are you registered as making the next move or only until you confirm your choice of which command you wish to perform (eg Attack).

yuno
02-06-2006, 03:23 PM
what i mean is how does it work.
i.e. when your time gauge fills up to it's maximum and your battle options are displayed. Are you registered as making the next move or only until you confirm your choice of which command you wish to perform (eg Attack).
that would have to depend on your battle mode (active,recommended,wait).personally i havent tried "recommended" yet.

everyone has a time gauge,party members and enemies alike.when enemies get their gauges full,they automatically and instantly input a command.

in active mode,turns are based on who inputs commands.you are registered in the turn list when you are done choosing the command that you would give to your character.

in wait mode,turns are based on who fills their time gauge first.you are registered in the turn list when your time gauge is full.

that's basically it.wait mode is generally easier than active mode,since you can take all your time thinking about the command that you would give to your character.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
02-06-2006, 03:27 PM
if in wait mode and your time gauge fills first but you refresh the screen does that also refresh the order?
and also if the mode depends on whose time gauge fills first then that surely that implies being able to hang around for minutes choosing your command with the enemy waiting patiently to fulfil his command

yuno
02-06-2006, 03:58 PM
i forgot to say that in wait mode,the enemies will only wait for you if you are inside the magic,summon,item or enemy skill menus.if you are on the main screen (where attack and all the commands are) then wait mode does not apply.the enemies will not wait for you if you are on that screen.

so to answer your first question,if you are in wait mode,but doesnt enter the menus i mentioned above,the turn order taken is like the one in active mode.so whether you refresh or not,the order will be based on who gave the input first.im sorry for my mistake.

for your second question,yes,the enemy will wait for you to pick your action before it does anything.that is,if you enter the menus i said above.they will wait for days,if you want them to.

Crossblades
02-06-2006, 05:30 PM
Ozma

blackraven19
02-08-2006, 08:19 PM
i no im probably the only one hu thinks this in the world: but i think its jecht. I think this cuz hes the only boss i was ever stuck on

Miriel
02-16-2006, 12:14 PM
Without a doubt, Absolute Virtue in FFXI.

To this day, Absolute Virtue remains undefeated on every single server. Not only that, but AV has very rarely been brought down to anything lower than 99% health.

The Kupo Linkshell on my server (Pandemonium) recently went head to head with Absolute Virtue, and with an army of 37 players they managed to get AV down to 98% health. They only managed that feat AFTER 3 1/2 HOURS OF BATTLING.

Currently, AV is referred to and nicknamed a bunch of things I can't post here at EoFF without getting in trouble. No one has a clue how to defeat AV. No one even knows if it's even possible to beat AV and maybe this is just a joke Squeenix is playing to see how much frustration they can squeeze out of the player base.

The GMs that are asked about Absolute Virtue usually respond by saying things like this (http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/bencutmore/gmcheek.jpg).

It's my goal to be a part of the first team that manages to defeat Absolute Virtue. And when that's done, I'm quitting the damn game.

Dreddz
02-16-2006, 02:44 PM
Ozma was pretty darn tough.