PDA

View Full Version : ultima weapon query

Bart's Friend Milhouse
01-26-2006, 01:11 PM
about a year ago I was battling Ultima weapon and then he suddenly went into this trance where he continuously starting pounding me with Light Pillar. Needless to say I got thumped. I was just wondering whether this is a glitch in the game or just an individual malfunction.
I.e. has this ever happened to someone else?

TheSpoonyBard
01-26-2006, 01:19 PM
That's normal, though he usually uses it twice in a row for me, then goes back to his sword swipe or Quake.

You can increase your chances of surviving if you increase your Spd stat.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
01-26-2006, 01:21 PM
yeah but this time round he did it time after time after time

TheSpoonyBard
01-26-2006, 01:24 PM
You're just unlucky then, though he has been known to use it multiple times.

Moon Rabbits
01-26-2006, 01:31 PM
Ultima is easy, it's Omega who is hard.

If you have Spd -J on everyone plus HP-J then light pillar doesn't pose much of a problem because he kills off two, then you just revive with your living character, maybe throw a megalixer if you have it.

I beat him on my first try following that strategy. I used Squall (9999hp), Quistis (9999hp, homing laser helps alot here), and Irvine(9999hp, Pulse ammo (or whatever it takes to make lionheart...i dunno if pulse is the name), and AP ammo, or Demolition). Autohaste on a character doesnt hurt either.

Revive is priceless in this battle. At least for me it was.

Good luck, I hope you don't get Light Pillared to death;

Ultima Shadow
01-26-2006, 04:50 PM
Ultima is easy, it's Omega who is hard.
Omega's a pushover and Ultima at level 100 is, in my oppinion, slightly tougher. However... in FFVIII, no boss in the entire game can even be considered "hard".

yunafan11
01-26-2006, 05:04 PM
Damn, you guys are talking about that... I'm not even that far yet. I think I'm on disc 2... LOL. I've seen my dad beat it though. I don't think he is hard if you have the right levels.

yuno
01-26-2006, 06:13 PM
it's not about levels,actually.it's about junctioning.and items.holy war,anyone?cheap,yes,but legal...

Shin Gouken
01-26-2006, 06:53 PM
I fought Ultima at level 100 and he died so fast i was gutted. I was told he was almighty and would kick my ass. I didn't have lionheart and didn't use any limit breaks. Triple makes mincemeat of him. Counter two consecutive light pillars with two full lifes. Three cures solve health problems. Then any three powerful magic spells per each character. A good speed junction will let you attack twice before he attacks, resulting in 18 Meteors at once. BANG BANG BANG!!!!!!!!!

yunafan11
01-26-2006, 07:15 PM
I fought Ultima at level 100 and he died so fast i was gutted. I was told he was almighty and would kick my ass. I didn't have lionheart and didn't use any limit breaks. Triple makes mincemeat of him. Counter two consecutive light pillars with two full lifes. Three cures solve health problems. Then any three powerful magic spells per each character. A good speed junction will let you attack twice before he attacks, resulting in 18 Meteors at once. BANG BANG BANG!!!!!!!!!

LOL!!!

Ultima Shadow
01-26-2006, 08:41 PM
I fought Ultima at level 100 and he died so fast i was gutted. I was told he was almighty and would kick my ass. I didn't have lionheart and didn't use any limit breaks. Triple makes mincemeat of him. Counter two consecutive light pillars with two full lifes. Three cures solve health problems. Then any three powerful magic spells per each character. A good speed junction will let you attack twice before he attacks, resulting in 18 Meteors at once. BANG BANG BANG!!!!!!!!!Then again... you can easily beat ANY boss in the game that way. Hard bosses does not exist in FFVIII. And Ultima at level 100 is actually a lot faster than any other enemy in the game. If you would have fought Omega instead, you would have got about 5 attacks instead of just 2. :greenie:

Shin Gouken
01-26-2006, 09:07 PM
Then again... you can easily beat ANY boss in the game that way. Hard bosses does not exist in FFVIII. And Ultima at level 100 is actually a lot faster than any other enemy in the game. If you would have fought Omega instead, you would have got about 5 attacks instead of just 2. :greenie:

I love my speed junctiones :) Even if you strength and magic are crap, you can still own with protective and status magics :cool: well not ultima or omega obviously. Who needs limit breaks eh? :greenie: