PDA

View Full Version : Is it good?

yunafan11
01-26-2006, 05:00 PM
I don't have this game, I know its online, I'm thinking about buying it for the computer. Is it good?

Ouch!
01-26-2006, 06:38 PM
It really depends what you're looking for in an online game. It's a huge time sink; if you don't have the free time to play it, you won't progress much. Some people are okay with that, but others aren't. Despite all that, it's loads of fun.

Many are put off by the length of time it takes to do things, especially leveling. The heavy emphasis bothers some people as well, but, personally, I find it very enjoyable. If you're not into that kind of thing, the game isn't really for you.

That's the stuff most people find controversial about the game, anyway.

yunafan11
01-26-2006, 07:02 PM
sounds like my kind of game lol. what expansion pack do you recomend?

Rostum
01-26-2006, 08:26 PM
what expansion pack do you recomend?

All of them! =) You can get the Vana'diel collection, which is the DVD with the original and both expansions. Then you can wait 'til April, when the next expansion is coming out.

yunafan11
01-26-2006, 08:27 PM
oh okay. I'll wait then thanks. :D

Carmilla
01-27-2006, 03:00 PM
Is it good? Its pretty good.
Is it worth it all in the end? Thats up to you.

This game is notorious for its level grind and time to get things done.
If you dont have 3-6 hour blocks that you can sit down and play, then dont even think about this game. Depending on your class it can take hours to find a party and another 8 hours to gain a level.

Most offline FF games are completely finished andf maxed out after 100 hours. In this game i was level 18 at 100+ hours.

Lionx
01-27-2006, 10:17 PM
Most offline FF games are completely finished andf maxed out after 100 hours. In this game i was level 18 at 100+ hours.

You or your party MUST suck if it took you that long to get level 18..>_>

2 hours is pretty much a must in partying assuming its instant, or you can take 15-whenever to start a party up, which i hope you stay for at least an hour.

To me, i dont level alot, when i do level though i go all out. Its more fun that way especially as you try to do other stuff like crafting or just fooling around with your friends.

Its true that you do need alot of time if you really want to get uber gear, but if you wanna just progress its not too big a deal if you have 2 hour blocks.