PDA

View Full Version : Stat boosting

Theory Master
01-26-2006, 08:39 PM
I'm new to these boards so i dont know if this has been discussed already but I came up with an idea how to get a very powerful party.
First go to gamefaqs.com and find the no lv up guide, (an excellent guide) follow it.
When you have all the gf's (except eden you dont need it yet)
make sure they learn all the stat bonus abilities:

Ifrit - str bonus

brothers - hp bonus

Carbuncle - vit bonus

Leviathan - spr bonus

Cactuar - all 5 stat bonus abilities.

Learn them on cactuar island (cactuars give much ap little exp)

You should not have leveld up at all, not even once.
Now spread the bonuses evenly across squall, irvine and zell (potentially the best party i think) and lv up to 100.
I like to also equip bahamut for ability x 4 (an extra stat bonus to equip) And when lunatic pandora flies across esthar go to the shops one will give you a present - Rosetta stone - this will give a gf the ability x 4 ability. By the way does anyone know where else i can find/mod rosetta stones? i missed this one.

To lv up i like to go to forest near trabia and fight snow lions, doomtrain them, then lv them up with tonberry to 100 b4 it dies.
when you are in the late lvs go to the balamb garden training facility and do the same to t-rexaur's, i say later because this can be more dangerous if something goes wrong - a lv 100 trexaur can pack quite a punch. Every 20 lvs or so switch junctions on your party to boost evenly. When you finally get to 100 you are ELITE.

Sound good?

(btw Where can i get/mod Rosetta stones?!?!)

Peace.

Shin Gouken
01-26-2006, 09:12 PM
1)sound like a lot of work
2) thats what junctioning is for :rolleyes2
3) Blind a T-rexuar and its useless
4) completley and utterly pointless. No enemy in the game is worth me doing that

Theory Master
01-26-2006, 09:31 PM
1. It is a lot of work, but ff in general is alot of work.
2. junctioning alone will not get your stats to the level of this technique, even at lv 100.
3. yes but doomtrain renders it even more useless and counts down doom/petrify which usually kills it quicker than attacking.
4. Omega? its not just to defeat enemies, its for the novelty and to FEEL THE POWER.
This is the best technique for people who want the best team and are prepared put the work in, or can you suggest a better way?

raskerino
01-26-2006, 09:38 PM
If you want to max out stats this is helpful but you should just devour everything.

TheSpoonyBard
01-26-2006, 09:40 PM
You forgot to mention that Siren has the Mag Bonus ability.

The best setups for stat-increasing are
Ifrit + Carbuncle + Siren + Leviathan + Rosetta Stone
Bahamut + Cactuar
Kill the other character so they don't level up.

As raskerino said, Devouring enemies can fill in the gaps, as can refining stat-ups.

You can get a Rosetta Stone from the D-District Prison (play cards), Esthar (examine Cheryl's Shop), and there's one in Ultimecia's Castle. Refining one takes a bit more effort. Siren needs to be Lv100.

100 Curse Spikes -> [Tool-RF] -> 1 Dark Matter -> [Tool-RF] -> 1 Shaman Stone -> [GFAbl-RF] -> 1 Rosetta Stone

Is it wrong that all of my characters have 255 in every stat (except Eva and Hit in some cases) without junctioning?

Ultima Shadow
01-26-2006, 10:13 PM
4. Omega?LOL!!!

Shin Gouken
01-26-2006, 10:14 PM
LOL!!!

LOL!!!

Theory Master
01-27-2006, 06:13 PM
Forest owl your absolutely right i forgot siren,
sounds like you've perfected the technique,
thanx for the tips on rossetta stones.