PDA

View Full Version : My Tribute to FFV...

Slade
01-27-2006, 08:26 AM
Hello :D

This is only my second thread since I've been here (first thread was some cheezy one in the X-2 forum.....this ones a little more practical). I don't come into the Art Forum that often, i'm not sure why, I am an artist after all :) . Anyway, to the point.

I've always loved Final Fantasy V. I believe it to be one of the gems of the FF kingdom, and so, last year I created a little something as a tribute to its fantasticness (is that even a word???). Now, I'm not really a fanart kind of person, I think that people should do more of their own stuff instead of copying others, but out of no where I felt the urge to do a fanart. So here it is for your enjoyment. It depicts Butz, Faris, Lenna and Galuf getting ready for battle, swords up and all. The drawing actually started out as a crappy sketch and then over time became something more. It's coloured in photoshop 7 just using basic techniques, no need to go all fancy with layers and such. Anyhow, tell me what you think, feedback will earn you cookies :)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-27-2006, 08:27 AM
Rockin.

rubah
01-27-2006, 11:04 PM
bartz makes me gigglexD

yeah, ff5 definitely needs more fanart!

Slade
01-29-2006, 03:05 AM
Thanks and thanks :)
I made Butz look sort of 'pimpish'.....it was an accident :greenie:

I'm pretty dissapointed in the amount of replies here :cry:
Theres 30 views and 2 replies.........

Raven Nox
01-29-2006, 03:56 AM
I like it. It's awesome. xD You should put more of your art up. xD There's nothing wrong with drawing fanart from time to time, I think. I normally draw my own stuff anyway.

Xaven
01-29-2006, 04:13 AM
Aww! I love it!

Be proud of the fact that you can draw 9,999 times better than I.

Butz is just so adorable! *huggles*

Shin Gouken
01-29-2006, 01:08 PM
LOL OMG thats amazin :P Galuf rocks, and Butz has like the biggest grin :D made me laugh. Seriously thats awesome. good stuff :greenie:

Slade
01-30-2006, 02:44 AM
Heheh, thanks. Yeah as I said before, I gave him a frisky sort of look but it could also double as a 'big pimpin' sort of look :D
Faris turned out a little weird but thats ok. Notice how I gave them all their own customized swords, Butz has a regular type one (cause he's regular :D ), Lenna has one with jewels in it (obviously because shes a princess), Faris has skull and crossbones (Ahoy mateys) and Galuf has a boring looking one because I had no idea what to give him :greenie:

Rengori
02-01-2006, 12:08 AM
I love it!

Be proud of the fact that you can draw 9,999 99,999 times better than I.

black orb
02-01-2006, 02:41 AM
>>> Great style you got there..:D
I like Galuf expression.

Slade
02-01-2006, 03:14 AM
Thanks all. I call that style.............wait for it.........'MY STYLE' :D
It's a mixture between anime, american cartoon and my own unique touch. As I've said in other threads, at present I'm designing a comic book using this style (I'ts slightly more resolved now, this pic was done last year sometime). I don't want ot say too much about it yet though :)
I'll either design a website for it or I'll release the comic in traditional book form, or both.

Mitch
02-02-2006, 04:53 AM
Slade is so hot right now