PDA

View Full Version : Climb Ev'ry Mountain

Chris
01-27-2006, 03:05 PM
Ever mountain hiked before? Well, last year I hiked for the very first time and naturally, I was a little nervous and all. I thought about all the things that could possibly go wrong. So, what's the wildest hiking trip you've ever been on?

Shaun
01-27-2006, 03:07 PM
I don't think I'd ever dream of it. Good luck with it next time; hope you don't die!

Chris
01-27-2006, 03:13 PM
I don't think I'd ever dream of it. Good luck with it next time; hope you don't die!
URGH! Thank you...I guess. -_-"

:(

Rye
01-27-2006, 03:18 PM
I'm absolutly terrified of heights, so I probably never will. :(

Meat Puppet
01-27-2006, 03:26 PM
I'm absolutely terrified of physical activity, so I probably never will. :(

Shaun
01-27-2006, 03:28 PM
URGH! Thank you...I guess. -_-"

:(

Haha, pleasure!

And I guess the first time I got a fear of heights was when I was on my Year 6 activity week, about six years ago. One of the activities was absailing. The rock climing was good, but when it came to the absailing, I was about to do it, but I looked down below. :eek: So, I was like: "Get me back up! Get me back up! Get me back up!"

Rye
01-27-2006, 03:28 PM
I'm absolutely terrified of physical activity, so I probably never will. :(

That's not what I heard from Crash when he was talking about you. ;)

Yuna-Lenne
01-27-2006, 03:48 PM
I dont know if Ive been hiking exactly but Ive been walking in the lake district and dartmoor since I was young. Been to Scotland and Wales too. My parents are a lil....extremely obsessed with walking, so I have to go too. Really annoying thing is I used to love rock climbing but now I take after my mum. Im extremely scared of heights when it comes to it and I have to look down at a fast river and sharp rocks below :|

And I guess the first time I got a fear of heights was when I was on my Year 6 activity week, about six years ago. One of the activities was absailing. The rock climing was good, but when it came to the absailing, I was about to do it, but I looked down below. :eek: So, I was like: "Get me back up! Get me back up! Get me back up!"

Absailing was fun ;)
I didnt find it scary, just extremely painful for the back >.<

Faris
01-27-2006, 04:14 PM
I'm absolutly terrified of heights, so I probably never will. :(
It's not that bad, actually. I've been to the Adirondacks and up some pretty high peaks, not the highest though.
Now, wall rock climbing, that's fun.

*~Endless Night~*
01-27-2006, 04:19 PM
Ive done mountan hiking before but I'm scared of heights so no proper rock climbing. I cant really do it any more though because I developed bad athsma and it gets hard when I get up too high :(

rubah
01-27-2006, 11:34 PM
I grew up hiking on mountains.

Wildest thing I've done? Nothing too much. probably climbed on my house when the wind was blowing pretty hard.

Shoeberto
01-27-2006, 11:36 PM
Out in eastern Ohio, there's some crazy big hills that I hiked on once. It was neat.

Rusty
01-28-2006, 12:03 AM
I don't think I've ever hiked the full way up a mountain, but I seem to remember walking part way. Other than that I just took a car all the way to the top. I've been on lots of hikes, can't remember the wildest though.

Samuraid
01-28-2006, 12:16 AM
I've hiked a number of places. San Luis Obispo has a number of mountain or backhill trails to be explored.

Lord Xehanort
01-28-2006, 12:22 AM
I thought it was about 'The Sound of Music'.

There are no mountains around here. I always wanted to up one and then sing "The hiiiills are aliiiive, with the soooound of muuusiiiiic."

nik0tine
01-28-2006, 12:29 AM
I do not engage in that kind of physically trying behavior.

Shoden
01-28-2006, 02:16 AM
when I went to The Lake district with my school I hiked up Lafrig around 400M and the Old Man of Coniston, 840M+, it's very tiring.

krissy
01-28-2006, 03:06 AM
moved camp about 10 miles into a mountain campsite
spent 2 days
there was a bear warning in effect at the time
i hate bugs

a few days using a wooden outhouse where the hole is just a dug out piece of nothing with a bottom about 6 feet under that appears to have stuff moving below as you do your business really makes you appreciate a working toilet

Doomie
01-28-2006, 03:10 AM
I've been hiking before, and it was kinda awesome. =)

kikimm
01-28-2006, 03:15 AM
The only place I've "hiked" was in the Grand Canyon, and it was great, but it was so long, and so hot, and we ran out of water halfway through. I'm glad I did it, but that was a nightmare.

Markus. D
01-28-2006, 03:19 AM
I lurve mountain climbing.... though Id never do it by my own free willl.

good luck :)

but uh..... Natt and me use "-_-""

;\

escobert
01-28-2006, 03:27 AM
I live in some of the oldest mountains on earth. The Green Mountains. At the peak height a couple million years ago they were as tall as the Himalayans. I have an extinc volcano tin the next town over from me. It's the tallest free standing mountain east of the mississippi. I hike a bit :p I've also hiked in the swiss alps :p

-N-
01-28-2006, 04:14 AM
I hiked up Mt. Palomar once with a couple of friends. Not bad, but not my thing.

It did start raining heavily as we went up, and that soon turned to hail. Five minutes from the summit, it was at its worst - we were being pelted by small pebble-sized hail. By the time we got to the top, it was clear as day.

Madonna
01-28-2006, 04:42 AM
I am a hiking fiend. I go to any local trails I can find, walk 'em, go back again and make it harder or excessively longer by going to out of the way areas, and basically make sure that I'm in danger of breaking something. It's a lot more fun that way than just walking a path.

When with my siblings, I always talk them into racing me on our paths; we usually end up running uphill. <3 I also love careening down old washes and the like, where the sides are steed and/or there are tons of small rocks that make the going trecherous. I tend to run through those areas, bouncing off the rocks as I go.

I've hiked a lot in the canyons surrounding my grandmother's; that is tons of fun. I usually go out by myself, stay out for the entire afternoon, and then drag myself back up and home. There are water springs down in the canyons, and I've been to several of them with family; those hikes have been known to take from sunrise to sunset, with everyone out of water and food at the end.

I don't consider any hiking I've done as crazy, but rather more interesting.