PDA

View Full Version : Best Nirvana album and why?

a nirvana fan
01-27-2006, 08:14 PM
Ok so vote what you think is the best Nirvana album out of the 4 main ones and why? Mine is Bleach because I personally think it sounds the best and it has most of my favourite songs on(Floyd The Barber, About A Girl, Big Cheese and more) but the album In Utero is coming in very close to my best.

Chris
01-27-2006, 08:19 PM
I voted "I Hate Nirvana".

Edit: Ha! Passive-aggressive behaviour! HOW MEAN! :mad2: :(

*~Endless Night~*
01-27-2006, 08:20 PM
nevermind coz its the only one ive heard.

Captain Maxx Power
01-27-2006, 11:39 PM
Bleach. Rawer, simpler, and was probably the least played Nirvana stuff. I've only seen a few live recordings of anything from Bleach.

Venom
01-27-2006, 11:42 PM
Where is "none"?

Pauten
01-27-2006, 11:53 PM
In Utero...A Masterpiece.

Chemical
01-30-2006, 06:04 AM
In Utero.

Most deffinately.

It has a lot of the band's really early progressive tunes and one of my ultimate favourites, "Heart-Shaped Box." ... Yes, yes... it's a rather stereotypical choice... but frig y00p.

Other awesome songs on the album include:
All Appologies, Pennyroal Tea, Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge on Seattle and Scentless Apprentice.

I enjoy Nirvana, I love the amateur, garage, unprofessional, expressional, anger for the establishment, terrible quality, rough edges sound that challanged the traditionally accepted canon. Instead of obliging to the academics strict confinement to a well balanced melody, sensible harmony and mathamatical structure, Nirvana experminted with a more "primitive" and chaotic voice that reached out the the X-Generation of angst ridden teenagers who felt abandoned by the society and instituitions that neglected the more down to earth, honest and raw material that doesn't require one to be educated. It was just a sound that appealed immediately to the senses and aroused a feeling of being connected to the world around you even if simply by sound.

Go Seattle Grunge.

theundeadhero
01-31-2006, 04:12 AM
You're missing a few there.

A prefer Incesticide.