PDA

View Full Version : about to start ff11 soon...

greekanimeguy
01-27-2006, 09:37 PM
well i have been dieing to own ff11 ever since it came out, and after all this time rereading the brady guide, i am going to go buy it,and set it up in a month or so... but anyways who are the fun people to play with on this forum and can the fun people get me two wps for that server(one for my little bro)? ill do my best to repay you when I can.. but dont buy them until ive actually gotten it set up..

btw i have one question, does it really matter what internet connection ill be using if im on the ps2? I have something and im not quite sure what it is, its really fast and it dosen't take up the phone line, but i have to click and dial it up... will this be a potential problem? also if anyone knows a tutorial site to help me set it up, that would be appreciated as i know next to nothing about computers...

thanks!

Miriel
01-27-2006, 09:51 PM
Please don't depend on the Brady Guide to help you through this game. That thing is chock full of lies and misinformation. Seriously, that thing is just bad bad bad.

I don't play on PS2 so I can't help you there.

Just wanted to warn you to stay away from the Brady Guide.

Lionx
01-27-2006, 10:13 PM
Well on this forum there are two prevalent servers:

1.) Midgardsormr where i am and some others
2.) and Pademonium which Miriel is in.

Either one should be fine..i cant say much for Pandy since i aint that but i am pretty sure its not that different in terms of the general feel outside of the forum members you will interact with. o.o

PS2 should be fine with anything, i am guessing its a DSL type of connection so it should be fine since even 56K can play this.

But yes whatever you do brady isnt that great or accurate..

Yeargdribble
01-27-2006, 11:08 PM
Step 1) Burn the Brady Guide.
Step 2) Enjoy the game.

Also lionx forgot me ^^ I'm on Fenrir but you are probably better off joining one of their servers.

Lionx
01-27-2006, 11:41 PM
Oh sorry lol but i meant the majority of the people that play here are on those two servers. But you really cant go wrong with any server out there. The only thing that CAN go wrong would be that you cant meet some of us. But i agree with you Year, burn the book and enjoy the game, alot of us has alot more updated and accurate information to help you out than the book which is rather misleading at times.

Miriel
01-28-2006, 12:09 AM
I hear Remora really sucks. :p

Xalioniaf
01-28-2006, 12:19 AM
The Brady guide is pretty outdated anyway. You can get anything you want from that thing called the internet.

greekanimeguy
01-28-2006, 03:21 AM
lol and here i was thinking brady games was making a change for the good of everyone :( anyways can someone tell me what the difference between a gold world pass is and a "normal" one?

@Lionx, umm can you maybe be a bit more specfic on what members play on pandemonium and midgardsomr? thanks

also i wanna start in sandy as it looks the coolest and most like me, is this recomended?

also im having trouble deciding on what face to use, i know im going to be using a hume female (if im going to spend 18 hours a day squinting at an ass running around all day it might as well be a girls :p , plus im big on role playing *dont think im weird or perverted lol*) but i can't decide between 2-a,2-b or 3-b.. i like them all but i dont want to choose a hair that looks like everyone elses (i hear 2b is really popular)

strawberryman
01-28-2006, 04:23 AM
@Lionx, umm can you maybe be a bit more specfic on what members play on pandemonium and midgardsomr? thanks
Check this (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=77071) thread.

Xalioniaf
01-28-2006, 05:42 AM
anyways can someone tell me what the difference between a gold world pass is and a "normal" one?

A gold world pass is for new players, and gives the invited and the invitee rewards at various times during the game. However, I'm pretty sure it only works if it's your first character. Hope that helps ^^.

Markus. D
01-28-2006, 03:09 PM
Just remember to commit to the.... "Blasphemous Grinding" till around level 32... thats when the game started getting awesome to me :)

Vaprice
01-28-2006, 03:25 PM
:D doesn't matter what type of internet you use, or the fct that your paying on the PS2. All that really matters is the updating, if you have hi speed internet it'll take less time to download the updates and installing the video game. If you have dial-up it'll take longer.

San'Doria is a good place to start, plus with the fact that it's probably one of the easiest starting places to do quests and get quick gil.

And for the fact that all of the character's are pixels (Omg!!! no way!!!!) it doesn't really matter what you choose. Just a side note that some players might come up to you and say

"ASL?!?!?!"

or

"Wanna cyber?"

:D ^^ hope that helps.

greekanimeguy
01-28-2006, 04:24 PM
^ lol well i play lots of mmos so im used to it :tongue:

i also have another question, its rather dumb, but if i am playing on the ps2 in my basement, could someone use the net on my comp upstairs?