PDA

View Full Version : FFX-2's Ending Discussion: Your Opinion

audsley
01-29-2006, 10:58 AM
If you have clocked FFX-2, you would have an opinion on the ending.
Most have said it aint good for sh*t.
In my opinion, it's the worst FF ending of all time.
It's not very long... nor interesting.
It didn't have the "oomph" in it at all.
I, by far have never heard anyone "like" the ending, but I still want your opinion.

I still don't think that this is the worst FF game ever.
I really like the battle system but... that's about it.
It didn't have much FMVs.
Now give me your opinions!

Markus. D
01-29-2006, 01:43 PM
I liked that Spira had resolved its problems in the ending (its a feel good story).

and the She found "him" also.

its in my top 5 FF fave list.

5. FFX.
4. FFVII
3. FFV.
2. FFX-2.
1. FFVIII.

muahahahaha.

starseeker
01-29-2006, 02:32 PM
The ending of X-2 ruined the ending for X. There are supposed to be unanswered questions. Also it was too.....sweet, too happy.

BlueMageOne
01-29-2006, 05:03 PM
I received the normal ending and to me, it was as beautiful as watching the "best" ending. I think that someone around here posted that FFX-2 was never about finding Tidus, it was about Yuna discovering herself. I wholly agree with that, especially since Yuna's "quest" was very realistic, very well done, due to the personal experience I've had in my life that allowed me to relate to her.

Aaaaanyway, I thought the end was well done. It didn't need a half hours worth of FMV's to communicate the end result- Yuna flying off with her friends without addressing the nation of Spira as she did in FFX. It was like she knew she was a savior once again, but she forfeited her right to act as Spira's guardian and summoner and just decided to continue living a normal life and working on healing the old wounds in her heart. It was totally opposite from the shy, broken hearted Yuna that spoke to the Spiran public and told them never to forget- and as she flew away and smiled over the people who once held her as their summoner, I found myself believing that Yuna wasn't forgetting and was finally recieving joy out of the love and old world that she lost, and not forgetting.

I suppose I view it largely as symbolic, spiritual and beautiful because Yuna was the number one FF character that I related with and sympathized with 100%.

Renmiri
01-29-2006, 06:10 PM
Good points BlueMage. In that aspect, the normal ending was the best of all.

But.. One thing I like about fiction and find very rewarding is the fact that in fiction things DO NOT have to follow real life's miseries and we can have happy endings. Lovers can see each other again, like Lenne and Shuyin or Yuna and Tidus. Bad things can be undone. Evil can be stopped...

With so few happy endings in our world, I crave the laughs and the relief we get when we see things work out at fictional stories. So I just loved to see the Good Ending in FFX2, with Yuna and Tidus back together, Wakka and Lulu with a baby...

Christmas
01-29-2006, 06:34 PM
I prefer the happy ending though. But I too like the bad ending for reason unknown.

DeathKnight
01-29-2006, 07:28 PM
Good points BlueMage. In that aspect, the normal ending was the best of all.

But.. One thing I like about fiction and find very rewarding is the fact that in fiction things DO NOT have to follow real life's miseries and we can have happy endings. Lovers can see each other again, like Lenne and Shuyin or Yuna and Tidus. Bad things can be undone. Evil can be stopped...

With so few happy endings in our world, I crave the laughs and the relief we get when we see things work out at fictional stories. So I just loved to see the Good Ending in FFX2, with Yuna and Tidus back together, Wakka and Lulu with a baby...

Renmiri's post is all you need:evilking:

Unlike FFVII's crappy ending, and FFIX's basic and empty ending, FFX and X-2 connect in such ways that you can't help it but get a little emotional just watching it, it had involved you since FFX....so in the end it was all worth it. there's NOTHING better than happy endings, and with the perfect ending you feel as though everything has been answered since he doesn't fade away.........everything you've worked so hard for (getting 100%) pays off in the end. I love this ending to death! though what leaves most of us empty is the fact that it wasn't as LONG as we would've liked.....BUT you know Squaresoft has ALWAYS been this way with EVERY FF.

People always Bullsh*t 'bout how FFVII is the best ending??? how the /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif so???? I mean it was as empty as EMPTY can get, there's nothing you can really see has changed or anything good with Aeries, no scenes of Cloud with Tifa, nothing explaining what happened to Vincent, Barret, and the others, so I don't know why people are b*tching?????:mog:

-You want a longer ending? extended!!!.........make a fanfic! of what happened after the ending, be creative, in the end...Tidus didin't fade away and that cute babe.....named Yuna finally had something to smile and care about-

*~Endless Night~*
01-29-2006, 08:02 PM
I havent actually finished this yet I didnt enjoy it that much. I've seen a video of the ending that shows her being reunited with tidus but it didnt show like how come he was still alive and stuff. Can someone explain please?

YTDN
01-29-2006, 08:09 PM
The ending was good but... The Good and perfect endings killed the ending of X so much. I liked the whole 'sacrificial hero' role that Tidus took on at the end, and for Yuna, it was like, you had to lose something for everyone to gain. In the ending of X-2, however, it seemed like Tidus' sacrificial here role and Yuna's loss to save everyone were utterly pointless, becaue Tidus could come back anyway. And anyway, I wanted Yuna to be able to live her life on her own. She doesn't need a guy to rely on.

DeathKnight
01-29-2006, 08:20 PM
The ending was good but... The Good and perfect endings killed the ending of X so much. I liked the whole 'sacrificial hero' role that Tidus took on at the end, and for Yuna, it was like, you had to lose something for everyone to gain. In the ending of X-2, however, it seemed like Tidus' sacrificial here role and Yuna's loss to save everyone were utterly pointless, becaue Tidus could come back anyway. And anyway, I wanted Yuna to be able to live her life on her own. She doesn't need a guy to rely on.

HAHA! your post relies SOLELY in this line "She doesn't need a guy to rely on"

I'm tired of the unhappy endings in most games, what's the damn point of playing the game if the ending's gonna be some sh*t you're gonna be mad at forever. FF IX's, X, and X-2s endings are the best...it leaves you with a COMPLETE feeling inside, that's the way it should be.

:choc2:

sephiroth the dark angel
01-29-2006, 08:41 PM
i think it's not about the ending but about the game but for some reasons ffx-2 disapointed me in both in the game because it was to easy and the movie because it was like a fairy tail's movie i found both the game and the movie bad.

YTDN
01-29-2006, 09:56 PM

I'm tired of the unhappy endings in most games, what's the damn point of playing the game if the ending's gonna be some sh*t you're gonna be mad at forever. FF IX's, X, and X-2s endings are the best...it leaves you with a COMPLETE feeling inside, that's the way it should be.

Ahem, if you had read the whole of my post, you would have realised I was saying that the whole 'ultimate sacrifice' thing that Tidus did at the end was pointless because he could come back anyway!!!! :mad2:

DeathKnight
01-29-2006, 09:57 PM
i think it's not about the ending but about the game but for some reasons ffx-2 disapointed me in both in the game because it was to easy and the movie because it was like a
fairy tail's movie i found both the game and the movie bad.

surprise! FF VII's easy as hell, all FFs are easy, you want a tough rpg, buy yourself something like the Shin Megami series...or you can always buy Resident Evil 4, God of War, Devil May Cry if difficulty is what you're looking for.

RPGs have traditionally ALWAYS been normally easy

FF X-2 is connected with FF X and is all about the story, period.

Ahem, if you had read the whole of my post, you would have realised I was saying that the whole 'ultimate sacrifice' thing that Tidus did at the end was pointless because he could come back anyway!!!! :mad2:

the point of the sacrifce was to save Yuna AHEM! so it's so honorable and respectful.............and REALLY intriguing to see how much Yuna would do to repay him..to do the same he did for her.

Please don't post twice in a row. Use the edit button. -kikimm

sephiroth the dark angel
01-30-2006, 02:03 PM
surprise! FF VII's easy as hell, all FFs are easy, you want a tough rpg, buy yourself something like the Shin Megami series...or you can always buy Resident Evil 4, God of War, Devil May Cry if difficulty is what you're looking for.

RPGs have traditionally ALWAYS been normally easy

FF X-2 is connected with FF X and is all about the story, period.

dude if you want to compare ffx-2's last boss with ff7's last boss go for it but i found ffx-2 a desulution either ways

Setzer Gabianni
01-30-2006, 03:05 PM
It was pretty pointless, but compared to other endings in the FF series, it still had a little bit of quality. However, Yuna being the attention seeker she was in the endings, did not make me happy.

X-2 is connected with X, but it has been done poorly.

sephiroth the dark angel
01-30-2006, 03:14 PM
i totaly agree with you raphael.

Renmiri
01-30-2006, 03:55 PM
I've seen a video of the ending that shows her being reunited with tidus but it didnt show like how come he was still alive and stuff. Can someone explain please?

Yojimbo's fayth tell Tidus that
"You are a dream, but one touched by reality"
"Spira will not forget it's reality, nor the one who saved it"
"Run dream, Run on"
"Pass beyond the waking and walk into daylight"

At the end of FFX you see Tidus pyreflies flying around and then he wakes up in the middle of an ocean.

On FFX2 Good Ending you see that he wakes up 2 years later and the ocean he wakes up is near Besaid's beach.

On FFX2 perfect ending Tidus speculates that the fayth gathered his thoughts and made him anew (in a reward for having saved Spira ?)

Rukia
01-30-2006, 06:04 PM
I for one thought the ending was waaaay to short. FFX2 wasn't really what I expected it to be. But the whole spherehunter thingie was awesome, I was really enjoying it. Leblancīs cool to...he he he...

The normal ending, in which they fly away on the celsius. I thought was quite alright. You get this feeling a new adventure is comin' up...great just great. And it was fun watching Gippal, Baralai and Nooj speaking to the people of spira instead of Yuna.

Though the last boss was way to easy, and it kinda spoiled the feeling of getting to the LAST and STRONGEST boss. And Lenne sounded so old on her voice... But in the scene in which Lenne meets Shuyin...I was kinda touched. :p It was a good game, too short though. :tonberry:

DeathKnight
01-30-2006, 08:23 PM
dude if you want to compare ffx-2's last boss with ff7's last boss go for it but i found ffx-2 a desulution either ways

Of course Shuyin was easier than Sephiroth but that doesn't make sephiroth any tougher, hell, I beat him the FIRST time I played the game with level 43, EASY as hell:choc2:

YOu want tough bosses go buy Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne:twak:

FF have never been traditionally hard, easy as hell if you ask me. They're all based around the story.

Rukia's post is more unbiased and more REALISTIC. If you don't know the MOTIVE of why Yuna went on this journey then you don't know what you're talking about.

samboo1
01-30-2006, 08:42 PM
Since ive only played on X and X-2 it looked pretty good to me. X was very touching and brung out my emotions :cry: X-2 brung out my emotions in the happy way. Good to see that after all Yuna had done for Spira she got Tidus back. She deserved it really.;)

kikimm
01-31-2006, 12:13 AM
Well, the Good Ending, in my opinion, was crap. I didn't like that he came back. I didn't like the fact that X-2 was being MADE. I wanted Tidus to stay "dead" as it's a lot more devastating, and more emotional. :D

The normal ending all right. Nothing special. I felt kinda cheated, but I don't know why.

Markus. D
01-31-2006, 01:11 AM
I lurved the fact that a majority of Spira didnt actually know what was going on.

teaandmachines
01-31-2006, 02:49 AM
Too predictable. And the last boss in FFX2 was awful. No challenge. And my girls were only around the 60 area.

Rukia
01-31-2006, 03:47 PM
Of course it's always nice with easy bosses, then you don't have to try too many times to beat it... I've finished the game 5 or 6 times, one of them were only in one day or so...that's where the whole "too easy boss"-thing comes up. A games supposed to last for at least a week...in my opinion. X2 was good, but X was better, :rolleyes2

YTDN
01-31-2006, 04:01 PM
Well, the Good Ending, in my opinion, was crap. I didn't like that he came back. I didn't like the fact that X-2 was being MADE. I wanted Tidus to stay "dead" as it's a lot more devastating, and more emotional. :D

Ditto.

I also didn't really like X-2 on the whole. It was like they had just taped an extra game to X. The dressphere system was nice, butthe game was a rather pointless exercise. X didn't need a sequel.

Setzer Gabianni
01-31-2006, 10:57 PM
Too predictable. And the last boss in FFX2 was awful. No challenge. And my girls were only around the 60 area.

Mine weren't even that. Below 50 for me =/

DeathKnight
02-01-2006, 05:55 AM
Mine weren't even that. Below 50 for me =/

Well I beat FF VII with level 45 characters:rolleyes2 :rolleyes2 :rolleyes2

-FFs are never really about the fighting(story based if you ask ME):choc2:

sephiroth the dark angel
02-03-2006, 04:37 PM
Of course Shuyin was easier than Sephiroth but that doesn't make sephiroth any tougher, hell, I beat him the FIRST time I played the game with level 43, EASY as hell:choc2:

of ourse he was enemies level up with your level

YOu want tough bosses go buy Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne:twak:

FF have never been traditionally hard, easy as hell if you ask me. They're all based around the story.

some of them aren't take ff2 for an example it was nearly impossible to beat it

Rukia's post is more unbiased and more REALISTIC. If you don't know the MOTIVE of why Yuna went on this journey then you don't know what you're talking about.
she wen't on the quest to find tidus see i ain't as dumb as u think i am

rikkupainegoofydonald
02-04-2006, 03:11 AM
Shuyin is the last and easy boss. I am not so dumb, please do not use wrong grammars in the forums.

Rikkugrl12
02-04-2006, 08:01 AM
I received the normal ending and to me, it was as beautiful as watching the "best" ending. I think that someone around here posted that FFX-2 was never about finding Tidus, it was about Yuna discovering herself. I wholly agree with that, especially since Yuna's "quest" was very realistic, very well done, due to the personal experience I've had in my life that allowed me to relate to her.

Aaaaanyway, I thought the end was well done. It didn't need a half hours worth of FMV's to communicate the end result- Yuna flying off with her friends without addressing the nation of Spira as she did in FFX. It was like she knew she was a savior once again, but she forfeited her right to act as Spira's guardian and summoner and just decided to continue living a normal life and working on healing the old wounds in her heart. It was totally opposite from the shy, broken hearted Yuna that spoke to the Spiran public and told them never to forget- and as she flew away and smiled over the people who once held her as their summoner, I found myself believing that Yuna wasn't forgetting and was finally recieving joy out of the love and old world that she lost, and not forgetting.

I suppose I view it largely as symbolic, spiritual and beautiful because Yuna was the number one FF character that I related with and sympathized with 100%.

I cant get the "perfect" ending for some reson i can never get a hundred persent even though i go bye the book or the walk through book what every you want to call it it sucks!!:mad2:

The Devourer Of Worlds
02-04-2006, 10:34 AM
I am not so dumb, please do not use wrong grammars in the forums.
I loled.

There is nothing wrong with the ending to FFX-2, it's just not very interesting. Give me FFVIII's mindfuck ending over this anyday.

Seto Fett
02-28-2006, 02:00 PM
Well, I finally got to see all three endings, so I thought I'd post here. Overall, I liked the Good Ending the best, as it was just so happy at the end. Ever since I played this game, I always hoped Yuna would reunite with Tidus and she did finally. She had basically resigned herself to the point where she admitted she may never see him again then he arrives to Besaid the same way he arrived in X. Just great in my opinion...

I know many complain how this ending was too happy or ruined X's ending but I don't believe so. At the end of X, you can visit all the temple's Fayth again and they mention they will not forget the ones who save Spira nor the dreams. And, there was already talks of doing X-2 upon release of X, so really, this ending wasn't just thought up a year after X or something. Regardless, it's Square's story and they will most certainly do what they want with it. It was a good call though. :D

As for the Perfect ending, it was good, as it basicaly confirmed Tidus wasn't going anywhere this time around, but I didn't like it as much as the Good one. Really, the Last Missiom confirms he's here for good with Yuna's comment but that's not the topic. :p It was too short, and in my opinion I don't think it should have been 100% to see it. Still, pretty nice scene anyway, despite it being short and not FMV. Although I imagine they didn't make it FMV because of its length, which seems likely. I think what they should have done was just combined the Good and Perfect endings together and make it the ending you get upon 100%.

Still, I loved this game as one of my favorites and the Good Ending is now my favorite ending of all FF's and games in general. My ending tally is:

1. X-2 Good Ending
2. X-2 Normal Ending
3. X Ending
4. X-2 Perfect Ending
5. IX Ending
6. VIII Ending
7. VII Ending

anacacia
02-28-2006, 02:12 PM
Well, I havent beet the game yet, I'm on 70 something percent since last night, but I bought the frikken guide book from the store for $20 just to get 100%. I hope it doesn't suck.

Even though I watched it on the internet...

I didn't think it was bad. I watched it in japanese, so I was making my own words for it though. :tongue: .

In my interpitation when I did that, Yuna was pregnate, and Vindena was their child... muhahahahahha.

Lets see what it really says when I finish. :D

tidusguy#1
03-01-2006, 07:18 PM
i dont wanna spoil it for anyone, cos i seen all three endings aswell, and just as seto fett said, it rocks!!!!!!!!

Jessweeee♪
03-01-2006, 10:51 PM
I'm not sure on how many endings there are...
I know there's one that shows the Calm lands for a couple seconds
One with Tidus on besaid and at the Zanarkand Ruins...
and one where she just flies off and that's that.

Are there any else? (please include a short description spoiler free)

I didn't like the story too much...but the endings were in proportion with the rest of it.

Though X was my favorite ending.

Death Penalty
03-02-2006, 12:37 AM

I feel complete knowing my charachters live there life. And if you look at it this way FF7 didnt have a sad ending either. Aside from Aeris death which was earlier it was a happy endidng.

DeathKnight
03-03-2006, 02:22 AM
I feel complete knowing my charachters live there life. And if you look at it this way FF7 didnt have a sad ending either. Aside from Aeris death which was earlier it was a happy endidng.

When a game ends, I at least want to SEE what he/she does after everything's over, not just some vague ending(FFVII). FFVII's ending was SOMEWHAT happy, but nothing was really fixed.........nothing significant. I mean what really happened to Barret??? They could've at least done some FMV thingy for him and the others, or something. it was vague and incomplete so I don't consider it happy.

Death Penalty
03-03-2006, 02:48 AM
But it gives one so many interesting topics

DeathKnight
03-03-2006, 03:02 AM
If that's how you feel, sure.

rikkupainegoofydonald
03-03-2006, 04:31 PM
My fave 5 list of endings:

5.FFX2 (Good ending)
4.FFVIII (Squall and Rinoa Happy)
3.FFVII
2.FFIV (Cecil and Rosa married)
1.FFII (Firion and his friends walk to journey)