PDA

View Full Version : FF8's Ending Discussion: Your Opinion

audsley
01-29-2006, 11:04 AM
If you have clocked FF8, you would have an opinion on the ending.
I actually have no idea of what others think of it, that's why i've started this thread.
This, to me, was my favourite FF ending and It really got me hooked on to it.
I have killed the last boss about 10 times just to keep watching it.
Oh, and if you've seen the ending, did you notice that it showed a flash of Ultimecia when it shows Rinoa's face all mucked up?
This could explain somethings about the Rinoa is Ultimecia theory.

Now I want your opinion!

Sir Bahamut
01-29-2006, 12:02 PM
I have a sentimental attachment to the ending, as FF8 was the first FF I played and I was around 13 at the time, so it really stuck with me. I also used to beat Ultimecia at least once a day just to see the ending.

On another note, Ultimecias face flashing over Rinoas does not point directly to Rinoa being Ultimecia. Remember that Edeas face flashed over her face before that too, and possibly even Seifer, unless I'm mistaken.

*~Angel Wing~*
01-29-2006, 05:50 PM
I have a sentimental attachment to the ending, as FF8 was the first FF I played and I was around 13 at the time, so it really stuck with me. I also used to beat Ultimecia at least once a day just to see the ending.

On another note, Ultimecias face flashing over Rinoas does not point directly to Rinoa being Ultimecia. Remember that Edeas face flashed over her face before that too, and possibly even Seifer, unless I'm mistaken.
Final Fantasy VIII was also my first FF too, so I have emotional attachment to the ending as well...:kaolove: I thought it was a SUPERB ending, mostly because you get to see what happens to all the characters, and pretty much all of the questions were answered in the end. I especially liked the part with Laguna cuase he's just AWESOME!!! :D and I thought that little scene after the credits was the perfect way to end everything. :kaolove2: I used to watch the ending a lot too, and was finally able to record it to a DVD so I can watch it whenever I want!!! :grinpink: And I agree with what Sir Bahamut said about Edea's face flashing over Rinoa's face also, and you're right, I think Seifer's face appeared too.

Christmas
01-29-2006, 05:59 PM
The ending is nice.

kikimm
01-29-2006, 06:54 PM
I thought it had the best ending in the whole series. Absolutely perfect, and there's nothing wrong with it. The music at the end always gives me goosebumps.

Yeah, you know I'm cool.

YTDN
01-29-2006, 10:04 PM
The ending makes me cry with mirth and merriement. And also makes me :cry: :cry: :cry:

Bart's Friend Milhouse
01-29-2006, 10:54 PM
what ending?

Shiny
01-29-2006, 11:28 PM
what ending?
:laugh: The ending that you could have seen if you hadn't gouged out your eyes with pure agony, or was that just me? No. The ending was good.

a_dollar_20
01-29-2006, 11:30 PM
it's the best ending i thinks because as stated above it dosn't leave too many unanswerd questions and it's funny when zell chokes on his hotdog.

Noj_R
01-30-2006, 12:24 AM
FF8 was the best ending because...

It wrapped up all the plot points
shows how all the characters make out in the end
Best musical score
Squall smiles
Squall and Rinoa kiss :eek:

And Zell eats bread...In Japan, bread is a popular food, but in the American version nobody would "get" the joke. So they switched it to hotdogs, cause they look similar in the FMVs and we all know what hotdogs are.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
01-30-2006, 12:55 AM
FF8 was the best ending because...

It wrapped up all the plot points
shows how all the characters make out in the end
Best musical score
Squall smiles
Squall and Rinoa kiss :eek:

And Zell eats bread...In Japan, bread is a popular food, but in the American version nobody would "get" the joke. So they switched it to hotdogs, cause they look similar in the FMVs and we all know what hotdogs are.

Yeah just define what you mean by 'make out' :hahaha:

*~Angel Wing~*
01-30-2006, 01:03 AM
:laugh: The ending that you could have seen if you hadn't gouged out your eyes with pure agony, or was that just me? No. The ending was good.
heheheh...NO. That's not funny. :nonono:

Noj_R
01-30-2006, 01:04 AM
Yeah just define what you mean by 'make out' :hahaha:

You know...heh heh...;)

Shiny
01-30-2006, 01:57 AM
heheheh...NO. That's not funny. :nonono:
This has already been stated.

Zeromus_X
01-30-2006, 02:20 AM
it was a pretty awesome ending. (plus eyes on me!)

starseeker
01-30-2006, 06:30 PM
It was good but out of all the FF endings I've seen (VII, VIII, IX, X & X-2) this was the weirdest. The lost in time bit was surreal.

MJN SEIFER
01-30-2006, 09:26 PM
29-01-2006, 12:02 PM

Yes it does. Also other characters faces flash over other characters faces too. And if you look you'll see what *might* be Jenova in the Ending.

The scenes are very intruging...

Noj_R
01-30-2006, 10:10 PM
Yes it does. Also other characters faces flash over other characters faces too. And if you look you'll see what *might* be Jenova in the Ending.

The scenes are very intruging...

Lets not start anything now :rolleyes2

The topic was " FF8's ending ", which is superb. " eyes on me " + emotional climax + awesomness! = Best FF ending ever! :D Yay!

nik0tine
01-31-2006, 01:08 AM
If you have clocked FF8, you would have an opinion on the ending.What.. the hell does that mean?

FFVIII has an awesome ending. I think I like IX's more though, but it's been a while since I've seen 8. I'll come back with a definet answer when I finish my challenge.

MJN SEIFER
01-31-2006, 10:20 PM
I loved the Ending though, I still have a save state at the end so I can see it.

Also I did do a Theory (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=65366) about the main meaning of the ending.

(Nothing to do with Jenova)

Captain Maxx Power
01-31-2006, 10:32 PM
Imagine Time as an Egg. Imagine breaking that Egg. Now imagine attempting to put it back together again. That's pretty much what happens at the end of FF8. It's what I like to call the "Humpty-Dumpty" ending.

*~Angel Wing~*
02-11-2006, 03:48 AM
Lets not start anything now :rolleyes2

The topic was " FF8's ending ", which is superb. " eyes on me " + emotional climax + awesomness! = Best FF ending ever! :D Yay!

I thought it had the best ending in the whole series. Absolutely perfect, and there's nothing wrong with it. The music at the end always gives me goosebumps.

Yeah, you know I'm cool.

:kaohappy2 OH YEAH!!! :kaohappy2

Imagine Time as an Egg. Imagine breaking that Egg. Now imagine attempting to put it back together again. That's pretty much what happens at the end of FF8. It's what I like to call the "Humpty-Dumpty" ending.
nice metaphor :cool: :choc2:

BahamutGurl
02-19-2006, 11:27 PM
The ending almost made me cry! It's so pretty

Hearts
02-20-2006, 07:48 AM
I thought that the ending was well put together and it was beautiful. I, too, beat it many times just so I could see the ending. I'm a sucker for the Squall & Rinoa stuff.

And at the dance in Disk 1, I loved it so much I immediately saved before the dance in the dorms.

Anyway, overall..I loved the ending. As well as the game! :love:

Shadow The Red XIII Thing
02-20-2006, 10:00 AM
It sucked. I want a big death. Kill Irvine. Kill Squall. Kill Rinoa. Just kill one of the starstruck lovers and I will be a happy boy. Hell ida been happy if Seifer died but Square commited the unforgivable sin. Damn you Square. Damn you Square.

Twilight Edge
02-20-2006, 10:29 AM
It was the best ending ever.I almost cried out loud.Although it was my second FF,I managed to finish it first.

The irony(or so I think):I defeated the final Ultimecia form with only Squall and Rinoa left in the party(with only ONE HP).

BahamutGurl
02-20-2006, 04:37 PM
And at the dance in Disk 1, I loved it so much I immediately saved before the dance in the dorms.

Hey!So did I:D

*~Angel Wing~*
02-20-2006, 06:48 PM
The ending almost made me cry! It's so pretty
The ending MADE ME WEEP WITH SUCH EMOTION AND DESIRE!!! :kaocry: ...so beautiful...:kaolove2: It was the only game that made me cry that hard. The only other games I cried for were Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy X, but not as hard as Final Fantasy VIII!!! :kaolove:

Yup me too. I do that for all the good parts in my games.

BahamutGurl
02-20-2006, 06:58 PM
The ending MADE ME WEEP WITH SUCH EMOTION AND DESIRE!!! ...so beautiful... It was the only game that made me cry that hard. The only other games I cried for were Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy X, but not as hard as Final Fantasy VIII!!!

Yeah, me too! I think I cried slightly harder for X though

Hearts
02-20-2006, 08:54 PM
Haha, I'm glad to see that the dance and other parts are so popular.

I even saved the space scene on a separate file too.

Such Great Heights
02-20-2006, 11:14 PM
Having only FF7 to compare it to, this ending is really great, for all the reasons stated above.

IceAngel
02-21-2006, 01:10 PM
Yea i cried to. Got to be my most favourite ending. I got really attached to the characters. I'm stupid really lol

The Last Oath
03-02-2006, 04:03 PM
The best ending since you see evrything n all. I rekon Rinoa is Ultemichias great x10 grandaughter not the same person. Because Rinoas powers had to be passed down and eventually reach ultemchia in the future. Rinoa even says this on the ragnarok in disc 4.

IceAngel
03-02-2006, 09:43 PM
Where does she say that? I must have missed that part.

The Last Oath
03-03-2006, 08:29 AM
on the ragnarok when you find it on disc 4