PDA

View Full Version : Im completely useless please help me before i explode

Brian The Pink Shark
01-29-2006, 05:41 PM
Could someone please tell me how or if i can get audio from a dvd onto my ipod? :choc:

a nirvana fan
01-29-2006, 07:00 PM
This might work..

Insert the DVD into your PC, explore the DVD disc and look for the audio files(if there isn't any, try another DVD) and right click on the audo file you want and click on "open with" and change it to iTunes then simply add the file to your iPod, this is probably a long shot.

Brian The Pink Shark
01-29-2006, 07:05 PM
none of the DvDs i want seem to have any files in the audio section, but thanks for trying to help :choc:

a nirvana fan
01-29-2006, 07:41 PM
Oh right, well is there like a certain song you want from the DVD or anything?

Brian The Pink Shark
01-29-2006, 07:45 PM
yeah they are music dvd's and i want the music on my ipod :choc:

Rye
01-29-2006, 08:29 PM
I know how to do it with music CDs but not with music DVDs. Unless you mean music CDs. xD If you do, open up iTunes, put your CD in and wait for the CD to come up in iTunes then just highlight the ones you want and click import. If there isn't important, right click and press import. Or something like that. :D

Samuraid
01-29-2006, 08:33 PM
You need to extract the data (which is encrypted) on the DVD. Demultiplex the audio. Convert it to WAV or whichever format you prefer, then copy it onto your portable music player.

This program will allow you to copy decrypted data from your DVD disc and extract the audio streams.
http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=DVD_Decrypter

After you get the audio you want, you'll need to convert the audio. Most DVD audio streams use PCM (no conversion needed), Dolby AC-3, or MPEG2 audio.
I would suggest using Besweet:
http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=BeSweet

Brian The Pink Shark
01-30-2006, 07:47 AM
ok i got the DVD Decrypter program, how do i demultiplex the audio :choc:

a nirvana fan
01-30-2006, 04:53 PM
yeah they are music dvd's and i want the music on my ipod :choc:

Ok, can't you just download the tracks that you want from the internet?

Brian The Pink Shark
01-30-2006, 05:00 PM
probably not, ill probably only be able to download it with the video as well :choc:

a nirvana fan
01-30-2006, 05:50 PM
probably not, ill probably only be able to download it with the video as well :choc:

Ok, well what are the name of the songs?

Brian The Pink Shark
01-30-2006, 05:54 PM
it's Judas Priest's new live Dvd and im wanting the songs cos they are live :choc:

edczxcvbnm
01-30-2006, 06:28 PM
ok i got the DVD Decrypter program, how do i demultiplex the audio :choc:

I don't know but I am sure the site www.videohelp.com would have some information on there somewhere. It is a good site for this sort of thing. Samuraid already had 2 links to it. If you go on there you should be able to find some guides that will walk you through it. Or search through google for it.

Samuraid
01-30-2006, 06:34 PM
Sorry for not getting back sooner. University work has been pretty busy and I don't currently have DVD Decrypter installed. :(

a nirvana fan
01-30-2006, 06:38 PM
Oh right, hmmm if your looking for live songs, then why don't you just download Judas Priest live Bootlegs?

starseeker
01-30-2006, 06:54 PM
Because downloads are illegal, taking data off a disc you own isn't as long as you don't sell it.

Brian The Pink Shark
01-30-2006, 07:00 PM
exactly starseeker

and thanks anyway samuraid, your help so far is by far the best, ill try and figure out how to do it myself :choc:

Samuraid
01-30-2006, 07:56 PM
Because downloads are illegal, taking data off a disc you own isn't as long as you don't sell it.
It's illegal if you sell, give, or distribute it for free. Generally, you are only allowed to make backup copies for you own personal use.

Brian The Pink Shark
01-30-2006, 09:53 PM
argh i almost had everything sorted and then imTOO reveals that i need to pay for it, bastard :choc:

EDIT- Anyone know of any free DVD to ipod convertors? :choc: