PDA

View Full Version : ffx the shortest experience?

freniol
01-30-2006, 12:33 AM
Well, I must say that to me the end of ffx came suddenly, like before I could really realize that I was going against the final boss. The game is good, good storyline and everything else but it was just too short as a final fantasy experience, does anyone think so?
I think the difference of not being able to travel or fool around the world map had a big impact and in a way took away a huge amount of element that makes the ff series what it is, at least to me...

any opinion??

Bart's Friend Milhouse
01-30-2006, 12:34 AM
i haven't played FF10 can you lend me the game

Renmiri
01-30-2006, 02:01 AM
It is actually a huge game if you try to get all Aeons and all special weapons for your characters. After you get inside Sin go back to the ship and you will be allowed to go anywhere an explore. There's tons to do!

Flake
01-30-2006, 02:38 AM
It is actually a huge game if you try to get all Aeons and all special weapons for your characters. After you get inside Sin go back to the ship and you will be allowed to go anywhere an explore. There's tons to do!
Exactly.With the characters legendary weapons,the secret aeons and all....there's a ton to do in that game.
I must have spent 100+ hours on FFX.

Sain Cai
01-30-2006, 03:33 AM
try and defeat all monster area monsters. That aint no tiptoe through the garden

Wuggly Blight
01-30-2006, 10:26 AM
X is one of the shortest of the series with some of the fewest sidequests, perhaps thats why they made X-2, so it wouldnt look so bad in comparison.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
01-30-2006, 11:54 AM
renmiri was right. if u just play thruogh the game then yeh, it is the shortest one going. but there's so much secret stuff (celestial weapon, blitzball, dark aeons, penance, omega dungeon, monster arena, getting 255 on all stats) i could go on.

~SapphireStar~
01-30-2006, 02:11 PM
It was short for me also. I love the FF series because there is 4 disks and I know the PS2 versions only need 1 disk for space, but thats why I loved waiting for the "Please Insert Disk whatever" screen. FFX was very short.

DynasticJam
01-30-2006, 04:46 PM
I know otheres have already pointed this out, but Final Fantasy X is full of secret areas and other challanges, in fact most of the game is full of secrets. But I do think that it is also quite a long game if you go straight though the game, it may not be as long as other Final Fantasy games, but it is certainly a great game with some memorable moments! :D

Seto Fett
01-30-2006, 04:51 PM
Yeah, it was definitely one of the shortest. I'm replaying it now and I only have 30 hours, and I'm at Zanarkand. If I subtract all the hours I dedicated to training at Bevelle and Mi'Hen Highroad, I would easily beat this game in less than 24 hours playing time. In actuality, it would be quite easy to beat this game in a day anyway, not playing time. Oh well, cool game all the same.

boys from the dwarf
01-30-2006, 04:54 PM
its not the shortest but the storyline isnt as interesting as in others like FF9 which is why it feela a bit less of a final fantasy experience but it still is very long and just not as good an FF like some of the others.

Rhi
01-30-2006, 08:02 PM
it was short, but it was by far the best storyline and i got really emotionally drawn to it, which may explain my crying every time i see the ending

lady yunalesca
01-30-2006, 10:46 PM
IMO if you complete the game in as little as 30 hours, there really wasnt much point in playing!!! you need the full experience, the point of any ff is to unravel its secrets, beat its biggest bosses, obtain the most powerful weapons and be smug as hell when you complete the mini games!!!

ITS A JOURNEY NOT A DESTINATION!!!

(steps off soap box, readjusts and goes for a cuppa)

:)

tidus_rox
02-03-2006, 07:55 PM
Ok whoever said that the storyline wasnt good you need an mri or somthing cuz your brain is seriuosly messed up...

Slicksword45
02-04-2006, 05:16 PM
i thought is was a good story. not the best but it was still good.

blackraven19
02-08-2006, 07:42 PM
I thought it was a really good story line and a really long game, once u add on time it takes to do all the optional stuff. i cant really campare it with any others, since i only have X and X-2 though

Rhi
02-08-2006, 08:45 PM
it takes the longest to train on ffx in my opinion (i mean to get full stats i'm nowhere near it)

Thoughtless
02-16-2006, 09:54 AM
This was one of the longest for me probably following FFVIII, think my first game clocked about 100 hours cause I took so long screwing around with secret business.

FFX-2 I finished in 30 hours which was disapointing, didn't do many optional missions though.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
02-16-2006, 11:49 AM
i think the removal of the world map also made it seem shorter and more linear

Psydekick
02-16-2006, 12:51 PM
Yeah to get to the end its a tad short but compaired to X-2 its incredibly long:D

Dreddz
02-16-2006, 02:19 PM
FFX is probably the biggest FF game, as well as the biggest RPG ever.
The fact that its only on one disc and there was 4 on FFIX's, you'd think it would be a shorter game, but the hardware of today makes this disc carry alot of *whatever they put onto discs*.
Theres a massive side dish with FFX, the main story is probably the starter, Ive put in more hours into the Monster Arena than the actually game.
I guess the only reason why it would seem that the game could not be as Long ( story wise ) is because the game was easy, I dont think I ever had to stop and do some serious leveling in order to get past a Boss, and back tracking for items and such isnt needed as much as Save points heal you as well.

Psydekick
02-16-2006, 04:48 PM
Don't 4get Dark Aeons and Penace