PDA

View Full Version : Which is the worst battle system?

audsley
01-30-2006, 04:28 AM
What battle system do you hate the most?
The one I hate is the CTB system.
I know a lot of people like this system, but it is incredibly slow.
There are advantages and disadvantages to it, but it doesn't cut out for me.
I like the X-2 ATB system, it rocks!
Interupt that annoying Death Fang by attacking it with a Warrior!
Let's gang up on this stupid helm by chaining!
Now I want to be a Songstress! (actually I don't)

Xaven
01-30-2006, 05:53 AM
The battle system that ate at my nerves the most was that of FFIX. I couldn't stand how the enemies weren't on the same wait list as you were.

For an example, let's say you tell Zidane, then Dagger, then Quina, then Eiko to act consecutively. Zidane attacks, then monster attacks. Fair enough. Dagger and Quina both do something, but the monster attacks again! Finally after being pushed back by two turns, Eiko gets to go.

This is really retarded in boss battles, especially when healing is involved, but you die because the boss hit twice between telling someone to heal and them actually getting a chance to do so. It's just full of lag.

The Devourer Of Worlds
01-30-2006, 07:25 AM
The original FFIV system.

It's ATB, except you don't know when you're going to get a turn, and it runs at about one third of the normal speed (even at max). Almost ruins an otherwise decent game.

Shin Gouken
01-30-2006, 07:32 AM
agreed on FFIV. It was off key. something wasnt right about it.

DJZen
01-30-2006, 08:13 AM
FFCC. The fact that you had to time your strikes perfectly to get any sort of combo going was massively annoying. Don't even get me started on magic fusion...

Alexander
01-30-2006, 11:55 AM
FFIV. Because this ATB is soooo buggy.

And about FFIX's ATB. For me it worked like every other ATB. I mean, this thing of the monster attack twice happens to me in most ATB FFs.

And CTB is confusing. And it makes half of the abilities useless because of recovery time.

Aphelion
01-30-2006, 12:01 PM
FFIV, certainly. That's the only FF battle system that I dislike (for the reasons posted above). The others were fine.

~SapphireStar~
01-30-2006, 01:59 PM
The battle system that ate at my nerves the most was that of FFIX. I couldn't stand how the enemies weren't on the same wait list as you were.

For an example, let's say you tell Zidane, then Dagger, then Quina, then Eiko to act consecutively. Zidane attacks, then monster attacks. Fair enough. Dagger and Quina both do something, but the monster attacks again! Finally after being pushed back by two turns, Eiko gets to go.

This is really retarded in boss battles, especially when healing is involved, but you die because the boss hit twice between telling someone to heal and them actually getting a chance to do so. It's just full of lag.
What he said.