PDA

View Full Version : For those who play sports games. Which type of sport do you like to play

darkchrono
01-30-2006, 04:45 AM
Which type of sporting video game do you like to play.

In my opinion football is the most entertaining followed closely by basketball games. I am thinking about getting that newest FIFA Soccer game that got really good reviews.

I have never really been able to get into video game baseball though. It moves pretty slowly and the seasons are extremely long and for some reason (though maybe I just havn't practiced it enough) I never have been able to get a hang of the hitting mechanics in the game. So most of the time I just strike out.

So for those of you who like playing sports video games. Which types of games do you like and not like.

NM
01-30-2006, 11:14 AM
Football games are the only sports games I play, and if your going to play a football game it has to be Pro Evolution Soccer. I really wouldn't bother with Fifa06 though. It's an improvment over previous Fifa games but it's still not in the same league as Pro Evo.

Oh if your in North America I belive Pro Evolution Soccer goes by the name of Winning Eleven.

Aphelion
01-30-2006, 11:48 AM
Soccer (football). Oh, and Winning Eleven is superior to all the others in almost all aspects (at least in my opinion): it's more realistic, allows for more strategic placement, follows the real player's characteristics, and maybe its only flaw is the visuals (FIFA is always a step ahead).

~SapphireStar~
01-30-2006, 01:47 PM
I use to play NBA games, but I got bored with them after afew years.

*~Endless Night~*
01-30-2006, 03:32 PM
The only sports game I play is Mario Baseball! lol sooo much fun!!

Crossblades
01-30-2006, 03:34 PM
The only sports game I play is Mario Baseball! lol sooo much fun!!

Tabris
01-30-2006, 03:36 PM
Quidditch World Cup. :D

Cz
01-30-2006, 05:59 PM
If you're looking for simulation, then Pro Evolution Soccer is unmatched in my opinion. Recently, however, I've been leaning towards pcik-up-and-play arcade titles that favour fun over realism, and Mario Tennis for the N64 is absolutely perfect in that regard. Five-set doubles matches are responsible for some of the best multiplayer fun I've had in ages.

EDIT: Oh, and NBA Jam. Seriously folks, just play it. :)