PDA

View Full Version : Guild WArs

lordblazer
01-30-2006, 04:58 AM
Whats your take on this game?

My name is...something..?
01-30-2006, 05:07 AM
It's very good.
I'm rarely ever bored when I'm playing it.:)

lordblazer
01-30-2006, 05:13 AM
It's very good.
I'm rarely ever bored when I'm playing it.:)
What I dont undersand is why they don't charge you monthly for it.

Markus. D
01-30-2006, 06:54 AM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=70523

Guild wars is teh lurve.

wish my username was Brother Mhenlo. hes a legend!

Mittopotahis
01-30-2006, 08:23 AM
'Tis quite good. Although I am not really finding the time to play it.

wish my username was Brother Mhenlo. hes a legend!

Mhenlo's a champion.

Epiphany
01-30-2006, 01:47 PM
They don't charge you monthly for it because the only bit that runs on their servers is the cities. The rest runs off your own PC.
I've been meaning to get back into it, but I need to get a new GFX card for my desktop before I can. Not really arsed, as there's something better I could play.

*~Endless Night~*
01-30-2006, 03:34 PM
I'm on it but I never have the time for it.

escobert
01-30-2006, 07:46 PM
Recently all I;ve been playing is GvG since I'm now in a GLT :D

Lindy
01-30-2006, 07:48 PM
Not really arsed, as there's something better I could play.
Yeah, like ANYTHING ELSE.

LOLAMIRITE?

As a previous champion of this game, now hating it, I think it's pretty awful.

Used to be good, granted, but it went downhill about...four months after release, I think, and it's never stopped plummeting.

escobert
01-30-2006, 07:53 PM
It's different if you have a good guild. I love playing with my guild hey help me whith whatever I need and vice versa. It really saved the game for me. and GvG is just so damn fun.

Lindy
01-30-2006, 07:57 PM
Tried the guilds, over twenty at least.

Tried GvG, tried Competition Arenas, Team Arenas, played Tombs and made it to the Hall and was cheaped out by Spirit Spam.

In fact, after the concept of runners was introduced and ruined PvE, the advent of Spirit Spam and Nature's Renewal destroyed PvP.

Yes, it was changed and prevented, but the meta-game never recovered and the copy-cat, repetitive builds have stuck.

Then again, I don't suppose you were around to suffer all that, were you?

escobert
01-30-2006, 07:59 PM
No not that I know of :p

Lindy
01-30-2006, 08:05 PM
That might explain why you don't hate the game then.

Considering how Arena went back entirely on their original promise not to "nerf" anything, as everything was already balanced.

They destroyed a lot of stuff, actually, especially smiting on Monks.

escobert
01-30-2006, 08:07 PM
And they said that they planned on having the runners, they said they wanted that to be in teh game like in diablo 2. Apperently it helps the economy or so A net says.

Lindy
01-30-2006, 08:24 PM
And not having any people to party with when some people want to normally helps the game?

Why bother playing a game if, you know, you're not actually going to PLAY it and let someone else do it for you.

http://progressquest.com/ 4u kthnx

Anet talk an awful lot of crap, and D2 was nerfed lately so that you can't be run through the game.

escobert
01-30-2006, 08:27 PM
I agree I hate running, it takes the point out of the games but, when I'm on my 3rd character in Ascalon I well wanna get the hell outta there. BUt, running does ruin the game for newer players. Oh and I've had very little trouble with finding a party.

~SapphireStar~
01-30-2006, 08:43 PM
I have it and havent played it in months, I found it dull and boring.
I prefer WoW.

Zante
01-30-2006, 08:51 PM
You dont like running? Dont do it. :)
I dont see why it should bother anyone how other people chose play the game.
And if you have trouble finding a good party, you can always take some henchmen. Though I never had trouble getting into a Pug.

Markus. D
02-01-2006, 12:12 AM
GW will always be one of my faveorites ;)

Lindy
02-01-2006, 01:28 PM
You dont like running? Dont do it. :)
I dont see why it should bother anyone how other people chose play the game.
And if you have trouble finding a good party, you can always take some henchmen. Though I never had trouble getting into a Pug.
That's a completely crap argument, it never works.

I don't like running, so I DON'T do it, but I've basically never been able to find a party, or on the rare occassion I did, they were complete morons.

Try doing some areas with henchmen, it's impossible, you may "never have trouble getting into a PUG" but I find that to be a complete lie, unless it's farming Sorrow's Furnace or the Underworld and you're one of the five popular classes.

I played a Monk, you know a MONK, the HEALING class.

I couldn't find a party to get anywhere in the desert normally, they were all runners, even finding a party for the missions was hard enough, and that was the point in the game where I gave up, I quit the game when someone called me a "moron" for wanting to play the game normally with an actual party "lolz noob ur such a moron, nobdy plays teh desert!".

I don't want to be involved in a game with a community like that.

Oh, I finished it, I had a Ranger that had done so, back when people actually played the game instead of letting someone else do it.

Markus. D
02-01-2006, 02:32 PM
Lindy... I found it no trouble getting into parties at all, except when it was say.... 2:00 am in the morning when hardly anyone was on.

its probably also cause I favour Divine Boon + Sexrofancers MP regen spell (heal monk).

I always make it clear to a party not to beg me to heal them or else I leave straight away.

a majority of the time they listen :D

... I find it just as easy to get into a party as a Ranger, Mesmer, Necro etc.... most of the time I dont even say Looking for a party.