PDA

View Full Version : Ragnarok Online.

Markus. D
01-30-2006, 01:41 PM
Does anyone play it.

I am about to start on an official non-laggified server.

Oceana Ragnarok Online (Australian server xD).

Since this sucked the first time I tried it.
I am going to give it a chance this time.

does anyone else play R.O.

yuno
01-30-2006, 04:55 PM
if the game lags,it sucks like hell.and yes,i do play ro.i never got to the third jobs,though.

Epiphany
01-30-2006, 05:03 PM
I've played RO on so many servers it's not even funny.
What're rates on that one?

Mirage
01-30-2006, 05:10 PM
Being an official server, they're probably 1/1/1, or maybe a bit more, if he's playing Sakray.

a nirvana fan
01-30-2006, 05:58 PM
Nah I don't play it but could you please give a personal review of it because I'm thinking of buying it:D

Heath
01-30-2006, 06:59 PM
I've played on a couple of private servers, only particularly enjoyed the first server, to be honest. It's a fun game, provided you're not horrendously underlevelled and you have people to play with. I think it's the people as much as anything that make it a fun game, as I imagine is the same for all MMORPGs. High rate servers annoy me, as do those with horrible, low card drop rates.

I've not played properly for about a year. I had a lovely level 70 Mage.

Lindy
01-30-2006, 07:42 PM
Official servers suck.

Painful suck.

Item rates are a joke, so that everything costs a fortune, yet it's incredibly hard to make any kind of money due to those low drops.

Stats in the game are basically based on cards, yet you can be killing the same enemies for days and not see a single card, worse is that the best cards are on highly contested enemies at a 0.001% (100% serious) drop rate. So you get groups of people who have all the best stuff, camping and killing the monsters that spawn every eight hours or so, getting better and better and making it even more impossible for people who aren't them to get any kind of items.

Then again, it's nigh-impossible to find a good private server, since all of them have something utterly idiotic about them that makes you think "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?".

I've played every class, had every hat, fought every MVP and enemy, been everywhere, done everything.

It was fun, WoE was awesome, but it's an old game now and I just can't even think about playing it compared to other games.

I tried for a while, but I just stopped after a day or so.

Good people make it fun though.

Markus. D
01-30-2006, 11:40 PM
I accidently cancelled it at 99% (figures).

it seems the skill builds can become pretty varied.

and well, I think the community on this game is rather small... so far, I could be wrong though.

it does run from Sakray though.

Epiphany
01-30-2006, 11:51 PM
The skill builds can be varied, but not a whole lot. A lot of the skill builds will suck and suck hard if you stray too far from the norm.
I've played so many private servers and only found one decently good one but then they did a rollback and it killed it. People started getting uppity and annoying, whining about it constantly. Made it unfun.

Markus. D
01-31-2006, 12:48 AM
True I guess.

I heard its quite easy to level in this one... compared to Maples heavy grind.

so, tis exciting, muahahah

ps: your sig is amusing, Malevolence.

PramTheOracle
01-31-2006, 03:01 AM
:heart: Moonlight Flower :heart:

Markus. D
01-31-2006, 02:23 PM
I LOVE THIS GAME!

Im an archer B lv 21/J lv 15 (i think)

and the communitty is so.... friendly, :O.

edit: the music is nice to listen to aswell.

Jowy
02-01-2006, 05:16 AM
The Payon Dungeon music makes me squee.

Hit job level 50 with your archer so you can get a falcon faster when you hit hunter.

Markus. D
02-01-2006, 05:22 AM
okay :)

I cant play for 1 week at the end of today, I wanna p2p, but I mum aint letting me register till I move house.

Markus. D
02-01-2006, 05:28 AM
the Payon Dungeon was where I met

- HeavenSent: Crusader, shes really powerful, and she inspired me to keep on playing R.O.

- |lLUMINATl| (something like that): Archer who took me to the dungeon to help me get some levels, he was pwning till a massive mob came up to him.

- Goey: She was a pre-bard I met outside the cave, she showed off her bowing skills :) *double strafe!!*.

<3 R.O.

Jowy
02-01-2006, 05:35 AM
Double Strafe only does halfway decent damage if you're toting around a Rudra's Bow, or Double Dexterous Arbalest. Triple Ancient Crossbow or Triple Critical Crossbow are the recommended weapons. Triple Bloody for PVP or WoE. Agi/Luk critical builds are fun. Especially when you're capped at 190 with a Double Critical Crossbow of Verserk and ridicuously high luck.

Now I want to play. Damn it.

screenie of one of my characters. private server, obviously. (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/psycho_mantis/screenTwilight000.jpg)

escobert
02-01-2006, 05:49 AM
I kinda want to play again also xD

Bomber
02-01-2006, 06:00 AM
I've picked it up and dropped it at least 3 times...

I might pick it up again if I don't get FF11...

Lindy
02-01-2006, 01:05 PM
Double Strafe only does halfway decent damage if you're toting around a Rudra's Bow, or Double Dexterous Arbalest. Triple Ancient Crossbow or Triple Critical Crossbow are the recommended weapons.
That's a load of carp and you know it, Rudra's bows are junk, as are Dextrous bows.

Double Strafe is only good with 160+ luck and 40/40 Composite Bows, where you take advantage of the elemental weakness and the race weakness of your target.

Aside from that, agi/luk Falconers win 'cause you're stunlocking your target, and a better weapon is a Perfect Arbalest of Verserk, since without +hit you'll be missing like mad with minimal dex.

Markus. D
02-01-2006, 01:24 PM
ugh.... I am only using it as an early grind skill, I tend to have a differant one in the later grind. (my first character is going to be PvM)

I made a friend who is a wizard, she was awesomely powered up, and she showed me where to kill Rocker monsters... and to avoid the giant mob as it may contain a mini boss I cant kill.

Jowy
02-02-2006, 06:42 AM
Crits generally work better with stunlocking MVPs and other players, from what I've seen. Two critical rings, double crit crossbow of verserk, and 60-something luck, combined with your Sniper bonuses gives you a 95% critical rate, 190 aspd, and non-reduceable stunlock damage, plus a 40%(i believe) rate of auto-blitz. I'd rather have a Phreeoni card in a melee weapon, like a Pole Axe.

I prefer the Rudra, just because the Holy-based damage is more effective on the monsters in Glast Heim and Niflheim. That and it looks sexy.

Easiest way to take down the French ArmyVocal's mob is to just stay on a ledge and snipe them, if you're low-level soloing.

Markus. D
02-02-2006, 07:11 AM
Crits generally work better with stunlocking MVPs and other players, from what I've seen. Two critical rings, double crit crossbow of verserk, and 60-something luck, combined with your Sniper bonuses gives you a 95% critical rate, 190 aspd, and non-reduceable stunlock damage, plus a 40%(i believe) rate of auto-blitz. I'd rather have a Phreeoni card in a melee weapon, like a Pole Axe.

I prefer the Rudra, just because the Holy-based damage is more effective on the monsters in Glast Heim and Niflheim. That and it looks sexy.

Easiest way to take down the French ArmyVocal's mob is to just stay on a ledge and snipe them, if you're low-level soloing.

how do I snipe them o_0?

Lindy
02-02-2006, 10:41 AM
Didn't they nerf cliff sniping a while back?

I went for full agi/luk gear, and then a phree card, so I'd never miss and attacked faster, since a faster attack leads to more stunlocking. I see your point, since crits are never miss, but I'd rather have more base reliability than anything. You can't actually hit 190 aspd unless you're using massive amounts of agi and full Sniper buffs, just to add.

I guess you're right with the Rudra's Bow...BUT, just use a 40/40, or I think there's only one 20% Undead Card, so 80, Composite Bow and Holy Arrows, and you're doing the 200% from the holy, then 80% on top of that.

This is all moot for private servers anyway, especially ones that break the 99 cap, since all Snipers just spam Falcon Assault since it ignores armour.

Lord Xehanort
02-02-2006, 10:58 AM
I hate it.

It is SO unbalanced.

I hate using mage type characters, and they pwn in RO. Why? Because they can walk into a room, where I am fighting, cast a single spell, and blow up everything, including my monster.

Grr...

And CHAMPIONS! They just 'Asura' endlessly.

I was a level 254 Whitesmith, on QRO. I could carry oodles of items, appraise unidentified items, stun enemies, break equipment (that was REALLY fun :evilking:), make weapons/armor, repair broken equipment, and boost my speed.

But Champs and Wizards always proved more useful.

Mo-Nercy
02-02-2006, 12:07 PM
All I know is that it looks really cute.

Epiphany
02-02-2006, 01:10 PM
And CHAMPIONS! They just 'Asura' endlessly.

Asura champions, lol. As for the mages, yes. I hated RO mages. Well, atleast the skill spamming ones. Niff one entrance is usually packed with Mages spamming Meteor Storm or Lord of Vermillion, and it laaags the place terribly. I played a PK server for awhile, and everytime I saw a mage that was above level cap I killed it. B)

Lindy
02-02-2006, 05:25 PM
Lord of Vermillion? More like LAG of Vermillion!

And Asura Champs were jokes for my Professor, I had like, five ways to block their single attack and render them useless.

Dispel -> Removes Fury
Safety Wall -> Immune to Asura
Spell Breaker -> Cancels Asura
Magic Rod -> Cancels Asura
Soul Burn -> No Mana = No Asura

All of them are insanely fun to use WHILE they're casting Asura, and watch it do nothing when it hits you.

Any casters were pure meat for my Professor, Magnetic Earth to avoid their instant AoE's, Spell Breaker or Magic Rod for anything else, and a Soul Burn to leave them as hopeless melee fighters.

If anything, Professors were horribly overpowered, but only if you know how to rape everything else <3

Momiji
02-03-2006, 12:21 AM
I'm taking a break from RO right now. When I start again, I'm going to make:

An Alchemist
A Bard
and A Sage

along with the Crusader, Knight, Super Novice, Rogue, Monk, and Magician I already have. This is on AnimaRO, a 5/5/3 server. Then I went to a server with like...1k/1k/100% server and I'm just...:eek: lv. 110 Paladin in like 2 hours, including a 30 min. chat session with my guild.

Epiphany
02-03-2006, 12:46 AM
I've played AnimaRO, was one of my firsts. Decent server. Then when I got bored and quit XileRO, I went to BakaRO, which is an extremely high rate server. 50k/50k/100%. Max level 999, max stat 9999. I was level 300 within 30 minutes, and it was quite boring. Taught me how to build classes quite well though. Sad part is I got bored of RO after that. ;D
Prof's are wiin, I started to make one but couldn't be arsed to level it up just because the prelim leveling of it was not very fun, nor easy.

DK
02-03-2006, 12:49 AM
I miss my clown. :{

Markus. D
02-03-2006, 04:49 AM
I've played AnimaRO, was one of my firsts. Decent server. Then when I got bored and quit XileRO, I went to BakaRO, which is an extremely high rate server. 50k/50k/100%. Max level 999, max stat 9999. I was level 300 within 30 minutes, and it was quite boring. Taught me how to build classes quite well though. Sad part is I got bored of RO after that. ;D
Prof's are wiin, I started to make one but couldn't be arsed to level it up just because the prelim leveling of it was not very fun, nor easy.

XD bakaRO has recently been suspened.

heh heh.

Epiphany
02-03-2006, 01:06 PM
Yeaah, the guy that ran the server went into the hospital and was apparently really, really sick. Probably decided to take the server down, since he wouldn't be there if it messed up, and to try and get better. >_>

Now I want to play RO again, dammit. Maybe I'll give Xile another try. I miss my Gypsy and Vulcan Arrowing people in the face.

Markus. D
02-03-2006, 03:06 PM
how about oRO (australian servers).

or ARO (cruddy illegal server thats reall awesome)