PDA

View Full Version : Computer help needed

Stayin Dizzy
01-30-2006, 03:26 PM
So I'm tryin to play ff10 on my computer but it's zipped in a file that is larger than 4 GB. I'm running windows ME which doesn't support NTFS file system, and FAT32 won't let me unzip the file. Is there a program to split an ISO during the unzipping process? Or does anyone know how I can unzip this?

*~Endless Night~*
01-30-2006, 03:33 PM
can't you just download winzip or winrar to unzip it for you?
Or a better idea...buy the game :p;)

Mirage
01-30-2006, 04:11 PM
You can not play FFX on your computer. It is a Playstation 2 application. You could try emulating it, but as far as I know, no good PS2 emulators exist.

a nirvana fan
01-30-2006, 06:02 PM
I think it would be better if you just bought the PS2 version, if not use WinZip or something like that.

Samuraid
01-30-2006, 06:42 PM
If you have a FAT32 file system, you are out of luck. FAT32 doesn't support files that large. You'd probably need to unzip it and use it on NTFS.

Mirage
01-30-2006, 07:50 PM
I think it would be better if you just bought the PS2 version, if not use WinZip or something like that.
I think you misunderstood what I said. There is no PC version. What he's got is an ISO image of the PS2 game. He'll have to use Nero or a similiar program to write it unto a DVD disc, then put it in a modified PS2.

Necron
01-30-2006, 09:17 PM
I think you misunderstood what I said. There is no PC version. What he's got is an ISO image of the PS2 game. He'll have to use Nero or a similiar program to write it unto a DVD disc, then put it in a modified PS2.

I don't think he was implying that there was a PC version..

I think buying it would be much easier. It's not a new game anymore, so it will be quite cheap.

crono_logical
01-31-2006, 01:21 AM
If you're happy pirating games, you should have no problem getting an operating system that supports file systems that support files that large :kaoplain:

Or if you have a network drive with NTFS on it on another computer, extract to a shared folder on there instead, or even use that computer :p

Yamaneko
01-31-2006, 01:25 AM
If you're using ME I'm betting your system isn't powerful enough to emulate a PS2 game.