PDA

View Full Version : Hobbies and Dreams

Rye
01-30-2006, 11:52 PM
I'm bored, so I needed to make a thread.

What are your hobbies and if you have one, what is the hobby you would like to make a career out of?

I enjoy singing, photography, drawing, graphic design, writing and reading. I'm planning to try to make a career of singing, but graphic design and photography would both be other really excellent careers for me, and I would enjoy them very much. :)

Venom
01-30-2006, 11:53 PM
Guitar is defiently something I wanna do for a living.

Levian
01-30-2006, 11:55 PM
Let's just put it this way... If I ever went to the wizard of Oz, I would be wishing for a hobby.

edit: wait. my hobby is to spam eoff and get away with it.

kikimm
01-30-2006, 11:55 PM
I like reading. Can I make a career out of that? :D

I think I might want to write for a living. I need to get going on that.

Chris
01-30-2006, 11:56 PM
It used to be singing when a was a little younger (I even got to record a little song) otherwise I don't really have any hobbies at the moment.

NeoTifa
01-30-2006, 11:56 PM
:drool: i like band and other assorted nerdy stuff

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
01-31-2006, 02:12 AM
Well my hobbies are like um..making sigs (which I hope i can get a better style), running, reading, writing poems, and playing video games.
My goal is to be a graphic designer :)

xtreme112
01-31-2006, 02:16 AM
Is there a career in playing FF games?

But seriously, I like writing and drawing/painting/doing stuff with 2d art, but I doubt I'd be any good at it in a career.

Mittopotahis
01-31-2006, 04:09 AM
I don't have any real hobbies as such. I enjoy reading I guess. And playing cpu games.

Although I would like to become a med student in the future. Hopefully finish school (with a OP1 (The highest and hardest thing to leave school with. Our school had 2 OP1's last year, which is a very high number.)) Get a bachelor of medicine, go to medical school for a few years, and eventually work my way to a Registrar. (If anyone watches House, Dr. House's level of work (aparantly)). I will probably decide then if I wanna go any higher or not.

T-MaN
01-31-2006, 04:11 AM
I guess kickboxing and reading up on Human Biology are my top hobbies.

Chemical
01-31-2006, 04:26 AM
My main hobby's are debating, reading, painting, drawing, learning, guitar, singing... but they're not really hobbies more like a way of life.

And I mean, if I could I'd use all these abilities to rule the world. That would be a most excellent career.

I'd conquor whole nations with a single stroke of my g-string.

Miriel
01-31-2006, 04:31 AM
Is there a career in playing FF games?
You could be a Game Master for FFXI. But then you face being called a "douchebag" and a "thick headed moron" every single day. Mostly cause it's true.

My hobbies are photography, photoshopping, reading, dancing, and watching a ton of movies.

I'd like to have a career in either Photography or Cinema. The former seems more likely than the latter. But I love Cinema more.

Heero Yuy NWZC
01-31-2006, 04:33 AM
I like to write, graphic design, play video games, and learning new languages. I think i'd like to be an anime writer or graphic designer or linguist. Gundam Wing rocks!:D

theundeadhero
01-31-2006, 04:37 AM
I enjoy playing guitar, video games (preferably NES or SNES games), reading, webdesign, music (especially vinyl records), hanging out with my friends, drawing, and general internet geekiness.

Are you interested? If so, then send a PM my way and we'll talk on the phone :cool:

Del Murder
01-31-2006, 04:41 AM
I like fantasy sports, and I like playing games. I wish I could give advice on fantasy and play games all day. Maybe one day I'll own a gamestop or something, and be one of those internet 'gurus' who say things like 'Marvin Harrison is a solid play against the Texans this week.'

Xaven
01-31-2006, 04:52 AM
Hobbies? Music, whether it's writing it, listening and breaking it down, or playing it is a big thing for me.

As for a career? Hm... I've often considered a sound technician or something of the sort. I should get to pondering that.

Christmas
01-31-2006, 04:59 AM
Drawing and listening to music. And my dream is to spread the seeds of hatred in everyone usernotes.

PS: I think I prefer cartoonist or something for a career.

Reles
01-31-2006, 05:12 AM
Shopping, reading, writing, chatting, playing games, violin, music, and travelling.

I just planned my whole future out about 5 minutes ago. Jebus and I came to the conclusion that I'm going to need several sperm donors and bear children. The girls are going to work in a bread factory while the guys are going to be delivery men. So like, I'll make hecka money and maybe I'll adopt or something, who knows. I just want sperm donors too.

But realistically, I don't know. Something English related, or French, or Architectural Engineering, ARG I don't know. I'll figure it out.

~SapphireStar~
01-31-2006, 11:54 AM
I love writing screenplays and scripts and I do hope one day I will be writing for TV. I have to research the role for my media course, so thats helpful.

Shaun
01-31-2006, 01:13 PM
Writing: Whilst I don't currently write very often in spare time, I believe I have got the potential to do something really good with this in the future.

Graphic design: Whether it's done in Photoshop, or another program, I like to create graphics for a variety of purposes, and I might well do something to do with this in the future.

Programming: Whilst I'm only learning Visual Basic at the moment (I was considering learning C, but as I was going to be learning VB in college anyway, I thought it'd be pointless), programming is something I love doing. I often like to figure problems out; make things work, and I enjoy doing that in programming a lot. I've still got a lot to learn, but this is something that's highly likely for the future.

3D modeling: This is something I'm brand new to. It's sometimes really fun, and it's sometimes really frustrating, but I'm sure I'll create something great in 3D soon once I learn more. And over time, my knowledge can only expand, and hopefully I could be doing something involving this...

That's a few things. Anything else is insignificant, and won't really be a part of my future, job-wise.

HowlingMonkey
01-31-2006, 02:43 PM
I want to write for a living. And I really do have the talent to make it work.

Old Manus
01-31-2006, 04:17 PM
When I grow up, I wanna be a blitzball!

Shaun
01-31-2006, 04:38 PM
When I grow up, I wanna be a blitzball!

Hahah, I didn't even know that quote existed in X until someone I know told me.

K-chan
01-31-2006, 05:05 PM
Hobbies: I love making art of any kind. Painting, sculpting, drawing (this is the cheapest, so I usually just stick with drawing).

Career: My heart's kinda set on being a teacher of some sort. Above all, I'd want to be an art teacher, but teaching French comes in second in case that doesn't work out. ^^

a nirvana fan
01-31-2006, 05:12 PM
My hobbies are guitar, art like mostly drawing NOT painting, and I kind of like Photography but if I had to do a career I would choose guitar.

Jess
01-31-2006, 05:17 PM
My hobbies are going out with friends, listening to music, singing (in the privacy of my own home!), graphic design, drawing/painting, computing and web design.

I suppose I could make a career out of the stuff involving the computer!

War Angel
01-31-2006, 05:30 PM
I like lots of things... my life is full, from that aspect. What I would consider getting a career in - game testing, photography, radio broadcasting, journalism... and that's about it.

Yamaneko
01-31-2006, 05:43 PM
None

Lost Number
01-31-2006, 06:19 PM
Uh, readin, playin FF for hobbies.
Dreams? I want to be an engineer. I read books about it. If that helps.

Necron
01-31-2006, 07:08 PM
My hobbies are - Internet, making signatures (which I am fairly new at), playing on game consoles.

I'd like to take graphics or computer programming as a profession when I am older - that is one of my dreams :D

Shoeberto
01-31-2006, 09:06 PM
COMPUTERTRONS

Rengori
01-31-2006, 11:14 PM
Making crappy sprite comics, playing FF or Megaman (duh), Yu-Gi-Oh, and that's all that comes to mind at the moment.

childroland
02-01-2006, 03:43 AM
my hobbies-internet,writting novels,and I am learning to skateboard

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
02-01-2006, 08:43 PM
My hobbies....?
photography and making wallpapers..
Listening to music, being with friends, MySpace :love:, I've just started to learn electric guitar and I've just taken up piano again... I also draw and write poetry that people like to criticise and slag off... but most of the time I sit in my dark bedroom and sit doing nothing.....

feilacan
02-02-2006, 03:47 PM
This is a pretty easy answer. My Hobby is Tae Kwon Do, where I am currently a 7th Gup green belt. My dream job for that hobby would be when I earn my black belt. Not only would I be qualified to teach, I would also be able to make a pretty penny at tournaments.

Zeldy
02-02-2006, 06:25 PM
Ive had no hobbies for 3 years. Im lovin' it :cool:

I'd love to have a career playing the drums. I can't play them.. yet..Ive never tried ^_^;;

Shadow The Red XIII Thing
02-02-2006, 07:30 PM
My hobbie is fish.
My dram is to be a marine bioligist or make another Luther without having a heart attack. I am not piccky.

Tatsu-Dono
02-03-2006, 02:13 AM
My hobbies are reading anime and drooling over my platonic love for Vivi.
I intend to become a writer when I get enough inspiration to write more than one page.